Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Hegic (HEGIC)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling HEGIC in the US.
How to buy Hegic
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Hegic.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports HEGIC.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Hegic.
- Buy Hegic.
Complete your Hegic purchase and then find the best wallet to store HEGIC.
What is Hegic?
Hegic is a decentralised options trading platform. Traders can use Hegic to buy and sell options for ETH and wrapped BTC (an Ethereum token that can be converted into BTC and vice versa). It allows traders to speculate on the future price of BTC and ETH on-chain without the need for KYC.
HEGIC is the native token of the platform. By buying the native token, you provide liquidity to the options market and you can earn settlement fees from options buyers, which is paid in ETH. As a token holder, you also get voting rights.
Hegic (HEGIC) is the 421st largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $79,048,312. The current price of Hegic is $0.184, which is -10.301% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.214 and $0.177 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 19, 2021 10:04 UTC.
Where to buy Hegic
Unfortunately at this time no major exchanges offer Hegic. However, you may be able to purchase HEGIC with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Instead of buying Hegic, consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
Hegic coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of HEGIC over time.
Hegic at a glance
|Total HEGIC supply||3,012,009,888|
|All time high||US$0.642|
Hegic price performance over time
How to sell Hegic
You can cash out your HEGIC with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have HEGIC on.
If you store your Hegic in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of HEGIC you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Hegic.
What to consider when buying HegicInvesting in any type of cryptocurrency involves a level of risk, but HEGIC is a relatively new token and carries the risk of substantial price volatility. Additionally, HEGIC requires you to have an understanding of traditional options trading which is a high-risk market. Here are some of the factors to consider before investing in HEGIC:
- Research. Because the Hegic platform is aimed at options traders, you should have knowledge of options trading before purchasing HEGIC. The Hegic website recommends you test your own knowledge by asking yourself questions like:
- What is a call option?
- What is a put option?
- When do option holders earn money?
- Who is selling options in HEGIC?
- Staking. In cryptocurrency, staking means actively participating in transaction validation, usually for rewards. With HEGIC tokens you need a minimum of 888,000 HEGIC to acquire a staking lot. This in turn will give HEGIC token holders a right to receive settlement fees from options buyers, which is paid in Ether (ETH).
Ask an Expert