Haven (XHV) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $3,214,142.
Haven is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today XHV is trading for $0.106755, which is slightly up from yesterday's trading price of $0.1091781769. Haven's seen a decrease of -75% over the past year.
So before you buy Haven, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can buy Haven.
How to buy Haven in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Haven is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit USD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, card and bank payments are widely accepted.
Buy HavenYou can now exchange your funds for Haven. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Haven to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Haven
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade XHV by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this Haven guide up-to-date
How do I find the best places to buy Haven?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Haven?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Haven.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing XHV with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Haven?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy XHV with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy XHV:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase XHV by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for XHV on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Haven?
The easiest way to buy XHV is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best Haven wallets to store your XHV
You can keep your XHV on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your XHV below.
Is Haven a good investment?Consider these aspects of XHV before purchasing:
- Privacy focused. Haven affords privacy features that allow anyone to create their very own digital offshore bank that’s impossible to monitor or regulate by any centralized authority such as state government or banking institutions. Technically speaking, it’s worth mentioning that the platform utilizes features such as Ring Signatures, Ring CT and stealth addresses to conceal one’s personal info and monetary data.
- Well-executed design. Haven makes use of a Proof-of-Work framework with an average block mining time of two minutes. Furthermore, since it’s a hard fork of Monero, Haven inherits all of its core features — such as 1700 tps transaction speed, base fee rates and mining algorithms.
- Some potential red flags. Quite unlike a vast majority of cryptos in existence today, Haven’s XHV offering had no premine nor did the team host an initial coin offering (ICO). Instead, it decided beforehand that 5% of all block rewards will automatically go to the development team. Additionally, Dweab and Neac — the two individuals responsible for creating the Haven protocol — have completely unknown identities. And dispite their activity on Twitter, Discord and GitHub, it's always best to exercise caution when investing in projects that provide little details about their founders.
Today's Haven price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Haven ($0.106755 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $28.90 on April 16, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer XHV is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell Haven?You can convert or sell your XHV with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have XHV on.
- If you store your Haven in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of XHV you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Haven.
- Complete your transaction and move your XHV to a wallet for storage.
How to buy other cryptos
Are you visiting from outside the US?
More guides on Finder
How to buy DRAC (Ordinals) (DRAC)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy DRAC (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on DRAC.
How to buy VMPX (VMPX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy VMPX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on VMPX.
How to buy BANK (Ordinals) (BANK)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy BANK (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BANK.
How to buy ZBIT (Ordinals) (ZBIT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ZBIT (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ZBIT.
How to buy WHEE (WHEE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy WHEE, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on WHEE.
How to buy PIZA (Ordinals) (PIZA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy PIZA (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PIZA.
How to buy BISO (BISO)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy BISO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BISO.
How to buy PEPE (Ordinals) (PEPE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy PEPE (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PEPE.
How to buy ALEX Lab (ALEX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ALEX Lab, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALEX.
How to buy NALS (NALS)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy NALS, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NALS.