Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Handshake (HNS) in the US
Learn how to buy Handshake (HNS) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy Handshake
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Handshake is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, , and payments are all widely accepted.
4. Buy Handshake
You can now exchange your funds for Handshake. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your Handshake to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Handshake
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade HNS by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy Handshake
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Handshake.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports HNS.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Handshake.
- Buy Handshake.
Complete your Handshake purchase and then find the best wallet to store HNS.
What to consider when buying HandshakeBefore purchasing any cryptocurrency, an evaluation of the token and its associated platform should be completed. With regards to Handshake, here are a few things worth considering:
- Tokenomics. HNS tokens have a max supply of over 2 billion, with approximately 20% (406 million) of these coins already distributed as of July 2021. Handshake set aside approximately 15% of their max supply for the project’s creators and investors, and delegated another 68% to third party developers. The remainder of tokens have been distributed to various websites under ICANN’s jurisdiction to incentivise them switching providers.
- Adoption. Like many cryptocurrencies with ambitious goals, much of their success relies on societal uptake. For Handshake to revolutionise the Internet and make ICANN ultimately redundant, it requires huge companies like Google, Facebook and Amazon to get on board, which may be a tall order.
- Security. While Handshake intends to be a solution with improved online security, much of the reason websites became centralised in the first place is due to issues with spam, hacking and griefing. The blockchain is still in its early stages of development and will need continued improvement before the public becomes more confident in its security.
How to sell Handshake
You can cash out your HNS with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have HNS on.
If you store your Handshake in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of HNS you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Handshake.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Handshake, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of HNS is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Handshake or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Vigorus (VIS) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Vigorus and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Pendle (PENDLE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maker and how the token will perform in the future.
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Shiba Inu on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert