Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy GameCredits
A beginner’s guide to GameCredits (GAME) and where you can buy, sell and trade GAME in the US.
GameCredits (GAME) is a digital currency designed to facilitate in-game payments. Based on blockchain technology, GameCredits aims to allow gamers and developers to buy and sell games and in-game items quickly, securely and privately.
If you want to buy and sell GAME as a cryptocurrency, read on to find out how.
Where to buy GAME
GameCredits is available on several popular cryptocurrency exchanges, such as:
How to buy GAME: A step-by-step guide
Here’s a step-by-step explanation of one way you can buy GAME in the US:
Step 1. Register for an account with Changelly
Global cryptocurrency exchange Changelly allows you to buy GAME with US dollars (USD). You can sign up for an account by simply entering your email address.
Step 2. Select USD and GAME as your exchange
To set up a purchase of GAME with USD, you’ll need to select the two currencies in the dropdown menu. This will then show you the exchange rate, fee and estimated processing time.
Step 3. Enter your GAME wallet address and USD funding source.
Changelly accepts USD via debit or credit cards, so you’ll need to enter your card details. For more information on getting a GAME wallet, see the section on that below. Note that many cryptocurrency exchanges don’t facilitate the exchange of fiat currency (such as your USD) for cryptocurrency. If you choose an exchange other than Changelly, you may need to first acquire a cryptocurrency that’s available in a pairing with GAME, such as Ethereum (ETH) or bitcoin (BTC), and then exchange it for GameCredits.
How to sell GAME
The process for selling GAME is more or less the same as the buying process detailed in Step 2 above. Of course, you’ll obviously need to follow the prompts to exchange GAME for another fiat or cryptocurrency, while it’s also important to remember that it may not be possible to directly exchange your GAME for the currency you want.
If you’re looking for a safe place to store your GameCredits, the official web wallet is available on the GameCredits site. You can also download a wallet for Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
How GameCredits works
The digital video games industry attracts more than $100 billion in revenue each year and is predicted to earn $132 billion in total annual revenues by 2021.
GameCredits is a universal in-game token developed using blockchain technology. Established in 2016, it provides developers with a free, plug-and-play in-game monetization platform.
Why would someone use GameCredits to make in-game purchases? The company claims it offers the following benefits:
- It’s instant. GameCredits can be transferred anywhere within a few minutes.
- It’s secure. Every transaction is recorded on the blockchain and can’t be altered.
- It’s decentralized. The value of GameCredits is determined by global adoption.
- It’s anonymous. Every user has their own unique address.
GameCredits also offers a number of other products and platforms, including:
- GNation. This GameCredits initiative is an online community for gamers all around the world.
- GPlay. GPlay is a mobile gaming store that rewards developers with 90% payouts per sale.
- Game.GG. This e-sports platform was listed as “coming soon” at the time of writing.
- GExchange. Still in development, GExchange will be the official exchange office of the GNation community and allow gamers to exchange GameCredits for fiat or cryptocurrencies.
Before you buy GAME: Things to consider
If you’re thinking of buying GAME or any other cryptocurrency, it’s essential that you’re fully aware of all the risks involved. Holding cryptocurrency is complicated and speculative, so make sure you consider the following factors before deciding whether or not to buy GAME:
- Supply. According to CoinMarketCap, the circulating supply of GameCredits was 64,355,352 GAME (as of April 7, 2018). The maximum number of coins is 84,000,000.
- GAME use. Players use GAME to make in-game purchases and buy games from the GPlay store, while the credits a player earns in one game can also be used in another. Developers use the currency to sell in-game items, upgrades and games.
- Availability. A cryptocurrency’s availability on a variety of exchanges allows for easy access and could potentially increase demand. GameCredits can be purchased on a relatively wide range of cryptocurrency exchanges, plus it can also be purchased via credit card, PayPal and a variety of other payment methods through the company’s proprietary payment gateway.
- New game launches. Check online forums and gaming news sites for details of upcoming games that support GameCredits. The launch of a hugely popular game that supports GAME (the cryptocurrency) could potentially increase GAME’s value.
- Industry’s potential for growth. There are some 2.6 billion gamers around the world, and GameCredits aims to become the universal cryptocurrency for all of them. The global video games industry was expected to generate more than $108 billion in revenue and is expected to climb towards $130 billion by 2020.
- Market competition. You should also consider whether GameCredits is well placed to take advantage of the potential growth in the industry compared to its competitors. Other gaming cryptocurrency providers include SkinCoin and Enjin.
More guides on Finder
What is Yearn Finance?
Learn how to use DeFi aggregator Yearn Finance to earn interest on your cryptocurrency.
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let’s see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
Can Ethereum escape its scaling issues to break through $2000?
To help ease out Ethereum’s scaling problems, the platform’s proponents have been actively testing out sharding and layer 2 solutions such as Skale and Optimistic Network.
Filecoin: How it works and where to buy
Learn more about the Filecoin cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Dogecoin: How high can it go?
Shockingly, this Dogecoin frenzy might turn out to be a doomed speculative bubble.
What’s happening with GameStop stock, and the dangers of buying in
Retail investors are driving up GameStop’s stock in droves, causing trading service outages and panic among Wall Street hedge fund managers.
How you can play the crypto IPO boom
IPO momentum speeds into 2021 as cryptocurrency firms look to go public. Here are a few of the top ones.
How to invest in blockchain stocks
Comprehensive guide on blockchain stock investing, benefits, risks, main stocks, blockchain ETFs, and more.
What is Uniswap?
Learn more about the UNI cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Palantir reports $289.4M in Q3 revenues, up 52% year-over-year
We sat in on Palantir’s earnings call to find out how the company is doing, what losses it’s facing and what you need to know about the new administration.
Ask an Expert