Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy FUNToken (FUN)
Learn how to buy FUNToken (FUN) on 5+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy FUN (FUN) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Paybis. These specialized marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. At its heart, FunFair is an online casino offering traditional games like blackjack, roulette, poker and others. Here's how to buy FUN.
How to buy FUN in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy FUN is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – bank transfer, debit card, neteller and credit or debit card payments are widely accepted.
- Buy FUN You can now exchange your funds for FUN. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your FUN to your personal wallet.
Where to buy FUN
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade FUN by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy FUN?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in the US to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy FUN?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading FUN.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing FUN with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy FUN with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy FUN with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy FUN on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase FUN by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for FUN on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy FUN?
The easiest way to buy FUN is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying FUN, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of FUN has been performing recently.
Best FUNToken wallets to store your FUN
You can keep your FUN on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is FUN a good investment?
You should never invest in anything you don’t fully understand, so it’s essential to be aware of all the risks associated with cryptocurrency trading before you make any purchases.
If you’re thinking of buying FUN, below are some of the factors you should consider:
- Market for blockchain gambling: The online gambling market is enormous and still growing rapidly, and the blockchain is no stranger to casinos either. For years now people have been gambling with Ethereum smart contracts, and plenty of online casinos were also quick to start using bitcoin as their currency of choice. According to the FunFair whitepaper, the online or interactive gambling industry was worth about $40 billion in 2015, and has been growing ever since. This is the exact area that FunFair is targeting and buyers should consider whether it has the functionality to succeed.
- Regulations: Governments are typically quite quick to crack down on gambling with a huge range of restrictions and regulations. Online casinos and some forms of gambling are illegal in a number of countries. Being a cryptocurrency, FunFair and its related games are generally unregulated, however governments may crackdown on this in the coming years. This could result in certain FUN holders being unable to participate on the platform, significantly impacting potential adoption.
- Development: FunFair’s goal is to be the cornerstone of the blockchain-casino market – however, to do so they will need to continue expanding their services. If they are unable to secure partnerships with other gambling platforms and game developers, the FunFair platform may fall flat when facing better-developed alternatives. This would likely result in the FUN token losing demand and falling in price.
Additional information about FUN can be found using our FUN analysis tools.
Today's FUN price versus ATH
Compare today's price of FUN ($0.00756638 USD) against its all-time-high price of $0.191066 USD on 08 January 2018. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer FUN is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: January 08, 2018
FUN ATH: $0.191066
How to trade, convert or sell FUNYou can convert or sell your FUN with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have FUN on.
- If you store your FUN in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of FUN you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of FUN.
- Complete your transaction and move your FUN to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including FUN, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of FUN is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the FUN or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Terra (LUNA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra and how the token will perform in the future.
Wrapped Terra Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Wrapped Terra Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
tBTC (TBTC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on tBTC and how the token will perform in the future.
Shping (SHPING) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shping and how the token will perform in the future.
Orca (ORCA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Orca and how the token will perform in the future.
Pawtocol (UPI) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Pawtocol and how the token will perform in the future.
Measurable Data (MDT) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Measurable Data and how the token will perform in the future.
Moss Carbon Credit (MCO2) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Moss Carbon Credit and how the token will perform in the future.
Ask an Expert