Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Everest (ID) in the US
A beginner's guide to buying and selling ID in the US.
How to buy Everest
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Everest.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports ID.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Everest.
- Buy Everest.
Complete your Everest purchase and then find the best wallet to store ID.
What is Everest?
EverID composes one-third of the decentralised platform Everest. Built on the Ethereum blockchain, Everest intends to be a scalable, blockchain-based and secure financial institution that integrates with both decentralised finance (DeFi) systems and ‘real-world’ companies. Founded in 2016, EverID is a solution to the growing issue of identity security and efficiency. It is a decentralised system that stores ‘identity data, documentation and biometrics’, from birth until death. According to EverID’s whitepaper, over 1.1 billion people on earth lack any form of legal identity, and 5 billion operate without a phone or digital wallet. A prime goal of the EverID system is to give people around the globe access to financial transactions and grow the economies of developing nations. EverID is available to anyone, with no requirement for a mobile phone. This gives both companies and civilians affordable access to public services and economic opportunities. The platform has the capacity to facilitate over a trillion transactions per month. ID is the native token of the EverID platform and allows users access to Everest’s range of services. The tokens can be used for staking, transactions verified with EverID, and other functions within the Everest ecosystem. The level of access to EverID’s services (e.g. API key) is correlated to the proportion of ID coins held, and staked, by a business.
Everest (ID) is the 708th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $31,121,302. The current price of Everest is $0.267215, which is -20.117% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.338943 and $0.246946 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of September 18, 2021 05:09 UTC.
Where to buy
Unfortunately, at this time no major exchanges in the United States offer this coin. However, you may be able to purchase it with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
Everest at a glance
|Total ID supply||800,000,000|
|All time high||US$1.98|
|All time high date||April 10, 2021|
Everest price performance over time
How to sell Everest
You can cash out your ID with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ID on.
If you store your Everest in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of ID you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Everest.
What to consider when buying EverestCryptocurrency purchases can be extremely risky and, therefore, should be considered thoroughly. There are a number of factors to consider before investing in the ID token.
- Adoption. EverID wants to reshape 20% of the global economy. The success of EverID’s impressive plans, therefore, hinges on the adoption of their services. A key goal of device-free identity verification is to provide those without access to the Internet or a computer the same economic opportunities as the rest of the world. However, considering ID tokens need to be used when providing these services, a significant uptake through governments, big businesses and society is necessary going forward.
- Competition. Though EverID’s focus as a digital decentralised identifier (DID) is relatively unique, their overarching goal of providing global, accessible financial services to the population is a common theme in the cryptocurrency sphere. It was one of the motivators for blockchain technology being invented in the first place. Although perhaps ahead of the game, other digital identity solutions are starting to emerge in the industry, with the W3C aiming to standardise the process in 2021.
- Availability. EverID aims to provide over 1 billion people access to their services. How the team develops the ID token’s accessibility will be pivotal to its success. As of July 2021, the coin is not widely available and cannot be purchased from major exchanges like Binance or Coinbase. The easiest way to purchase ID tokens is to trade them for another digital currency via a decentralised exchange like Uniswap.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Quickswap (QUICK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Quickswap (QUICK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bytecoin (BCN) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bytecoin (BCN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Sapchain (SAP) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Sapchain (SAP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Star Atlas DAO (POLIS) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Star Atlas DAO (POLIS) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
NFT Marketplaces Review and Guide
An all-encompassing guide on NFT marketplaces. Learn how to sell, buy and create your own NFTs on the world’s most popular marketplaces.
How to buy Smooth Love Potion (SLP) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Smooth Love Potion (SLP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Chainlink (LINK) price prediction 2021
Guide to the price of Chainlink, along with predictions and commentary from finance experts.
How to buy Etherisc DIP Token (DIP) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Etherisc DIP Token (DIP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Radicle (RAD) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Radicle (RAD) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert