Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Where to buy, sell and trade Enigma (ENG) in the US
What is Enigma and how does it work?
Enigma (ENG) is a highly specialized cryptocurrency. The main purpose of the Enigma system is to allow for analysis and computation of data without that data actually being revealed. For example, it could suit a group of people who wanted to work out their average salaries and their exact place in the hierarchy without anyone actually disclosing their individual salaries.
There are two main parts to Enigma.
- The main Enigma ecosystem – Does the above.
- Enigma Catalyst – Is a holding platform that lets developers tap into Enigma’s data marketplace and the main home of the Enigma token.
Note: Enigma ENG is not to be confused with Enigma (XNG). This article is about Enigma ENG.
Where to buy, sell and trade Enigma (ENG)
How does Enigma work?
Enigma and Enigma Catalyst are separate but related projects run by the same team.
This is the initial project. It was created for the purposes of letting people run computations on data while keeping the data itself secure and private.
It’s a very specialized function but with more application than there might initially seem. For example:
- Two businesses want to enter into a partnership and make informed decisions on how best to divide their resources, but they don’t want to actually disclose any sensitive commercial information.
- Analyzing and studying medical data without the usual risks of accessing and storing confidential information.
- Reducing the chances of corruption, data misuse or growing inequality while facilitating research with sensitive information.
- Letting individuals sell their own sensitive personal information with the confidence of knowing that it’s going to remain private but can still be used.
- Allowing for a large pool of data for machine learning without the costs and problems associated with accessing confidential information on a large scale.
- Allowing Enigma to become a secure and decentralized data marketplace.
Enigma aims to combine on-chain and off-chain systems to allow for more efficiency. Data is communicated and secured over the blockchain, while computations take place on Enigma’s off-chain system and remain secured via the blockchain.
It’s intended to be able to connect with existing blockchains and then offload to the off-chain system for processing.
This allows for complex and intensive computations, a wealth of information taken from other blockchains, and uncompromising security and reliability.
This will be wrapped up with functionality for developers to create their own decentralized applications to make full use of this data without any trusted third parties.
Catalyst is an algorithmic trading tool for cryptocurrency exchanges designed to tap into the Enigma data marketplace.
It’s meant to let developers more quickly and easily create their own machine learning trade-bots for cryptocurrency exchanges with a large pool of data at their disposal.
The ENG token is the main currency of the Catalyst system used to access these opportunities.
How to sell or trade Enigma
- Visit the exchange platform that you hold Enigma on. If you have Enigma in a digital wallet, then choose any platform from the ones listed above.
- Via the platform, follow the instructions to sell or trade your Enigma.
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price surges to all time high before Berlin hard fork
The latest Berlin upgrade seeks to fix some of Ethereum’s pressing network congestion and high transaction fee issues.
Review: FTX US cryptocurrency exchange
What you need to know about using FTX US, including fees, available cryptocurrencies and what payment methods are available.
Ethereum price dips below $1,500 in midst of marketwide correction
Could Ethereum’s NFT boom compound scaling problems further?
Filecoin: How it works and where to buy
Learn more about the Filecoin cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Ethereum price touches $1,800 as crypto market continues to gain traction
Following Tesla’s entry into digital assets, ETH proceeded to touch a new all-time high of $1,820.
Ethereum price breaks all time high of US$1,448
With old all time highs broken, eyes are now on $1,600 as the next target.
Polkadot (DOT) cryptocurrency: How it works and where to buy
Learn more about the DOT cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
How to invest in blockchain stocks
Comprehensive guide on blockchain stock investing, benefits, risks, main stocks, blockchain ETFs, and more.
Ethereum price: Upward surge noted but fears of near-term volatility continue to persist
After forging a remarkable comeback over the last 48 hours, Ether may once again be set to test the $1,400 threshold.
Chainlink price: Slump witnessed in line with other premier altcoins, coming weeks seem crucial
Chainlink (LINK) has showcased steady growth since its inception back in 2018, even surging during periods when the market as a whole was in decline.
Ask an Expert