Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Where to buy, sell and trade Enigma (ENG) in the US
What is Enigma and how does it work?
Enigma (ENG) is a highly specialized cryptocurrency. The main purpose of the Enigma system is to allow for analysis and computation of data without that data actually being revealed. For example, it could suit a group of people who wanted to work out their average salaries and their exact place in the hierarchy without anyone actually disclosing their individual salaries.
There are two main parts to Enigma.
- The main Enigma ecosystem – Does the above.
- Enigma Catalyst – Is a holding platform that lets developers tap into Enigma’s data marketplace and the main home of the Enigma token.
Note: Enigma ENG is not to be confused with Enigma (XNG). This article is about Enigma ENG.
Where to buy, sell and trade Enigma (ENG)
How does Enigma work?
Enigma and Enigma Catalyst are separate but related projects run by the same team.
This is the initial project. It was created for the purposes of letting people run computations on data while keeping the data itself secure and private.
It’s a very specialized function but with more application than there might initially seem. For example:
- Two businesses want to enter into a partnership and make informed decisions on how best to divide their resources, but they don’t want to actually disclose any sensitive commercial information.
- Analyzing and studying medical data without the usual risks of accessing and storing confidential information.
- Reducing the chances of corruption, data misuse or growing inequality while facilitating research with sensitive information.
- Letting individuals sell their own sensitive personal information with the confidence of knowing that it’s going to remain private but can still be used.
- Allowing for a large pool of data for machine learning without the costs and problems associated with accessing confidential information on a large scale.
- Allowing Enigma to become a secure and decentralized data marketplace.
Enigma aims to combine on-chain and off-chain systems to allow for more efficiency. Data is communicated and secured over the blockchain, while computations take place on Enigma’s off-chain system and remain secured via the blockchain.
It’s intended to be able to connect with existing blockchains and then offload to the off-chain system for processing.
This allows for complex and intensive computations, a wealth of information taken from other blockchains, and uncompromising security and reliability.
This will be wrapped up with functionality for developers to create their own decentralized applications to make full use of this data without any trusted third parties.
Catalyst is an algorithmic trading tool for cryptocurrency exchanges designed to tap into the Enigma data marketplace.
It’s meant to let developers more quickly and easily create their own machine learning trade-bots for cryptocurrency exchanges with a large pool of data at their disposal.
The ENG token is the main currency of the Catalyst system used to access these opportunities.
How to sell or trade Enigma
- Visit the exchange platform that you hold Enigma on. If you have Enigma in a digital wallet, then choose any platform from the ones listed above.
- Via the platform, follow the instructions to sell or trade your Enigma.
More guides on Finder
Three ways to earn cryptocurrency that aren’t DeFi
Bear markets are a unique opportunity to grow your portfolio and build a solid foundation for the next bull cycle.
Axie Infinity guide: How to play and earn
Axie Infinity is an RPG game that is currently dominating the NFT sector. Discover what Axies are, what makes them unique and how you can earn money simply by playing.
How to buy Bitcoin (BTC) in the US
Want to buy bitcoin but don’t know where to start? This comprehensive guide provides step-by-step instructions on how and where to buy BTC in the US.
Metamask wallet review and guide
All you need to know about Metamask – the browser extension digital wallet and a user-friendly bridge to the world of Ethereum decentralised applications.
Ethereum price surges to all time high before Berlin hard fork
The latest Berlin upgrade seeks to fix some of Ethereum’s pressing network congestion and high transaction fee issues.
Cryptocurrency staking guide: How to stake coins for rewards
Staking is one of the most popular ways to earn an income with cryptocurrency – learn how to get started with this guide.
Review: FTX US cryptocurrency exchange
What you need to know about using FTX US, including fees, available cryptocurrencies and what payment methods are available.
Ethereum price dips below $1,500 in midst of marketwide correction
Could Ethereum’s NFT boom compound scaling problems further?
Ethereum price dips by 25% over the past week. What happens next?
Ether has been hit especially hard by the recent cryptocurrency market downswing.
How to buy Filecoin (FIL)
Learn more about the Filecoin cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Ask an Expert