Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy DeFiPulse Index (DPI) in the US
A beginner's guide to buying and selling DPI in the US.
How to buy DeFiPulse Index
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying DeFiPulse Index.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports DPI.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy DeFiPulse Index.
- Buy DeFiPulse Index.
Complete your DeFiPulse Index purchase and then find the best wallet to store DPI.
What is DeFiPulse Index?
The DeFi Pulse Index is a capitalization-weighted index that has been built atop Set Protocol’s new V2 infrastructure. In essence, the platform allows users to view as well as invest indirectly into the ten most popular decentralized finance (DeFi) tokens available on the Ethereum ecosystem at any given time. DPI tokens are the native cryptocurrency of the platform. They enable holders to own, gain exposure and even redeem all of the underlying coins that make up the DeFi Pulse Index.
DeFiPulse Index (DPI) is the 306th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $200,565,567. The current price of DeFiPulse Index is $341.51, which is -1.327% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $348.1 and $331.7 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 25, 2021 10:10 UTC.
Where to buy DeFiPulse Index
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade DPI by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
DeFiPulse Index at a glance
|Total DPI supply||586,977|
|All time high||US$656.49|
|Token uses||Index token|
DeFiPulse Index price performance over time
How to sell DeFiPulse Index
You can cash out your DPI with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have DPI on.
If you store your DeFiPulse Index in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of DPI you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of DeFiPulse Index.
What to consider when buying DeFiPulse IndexBelow are the aspects you should consider before investing in DPI:
- Novel monetary proposition: When users purchase DPI tokens, they are essentially gaining access to all of the tokens that make up the DeFi Pulse Index without having to own any of the assets individually.
- Directly redeemable: DPI tokens can be liquidated in exchange for one or more of the tokens that make up the index. This means that by using a single token, investors can have a stake in a basket of DeFi currencies, allowing them to spread out their total monetary risk.
- Ideal for beginners: The index looks to make it easier for crypto enthusiasts to make their way into the DeFi space, especially those individuals who may not possess enough expertise or technical know-how regarding crypto tech.
- Quality projects part of the index: The DeFi Pulse index is made up of a total of ten popular DeFi crypto assets: AAVE, Synthetix, Uniswap, Yearn Finance, Compound, Maker, REN, Loopring, Kyber Network and Balancer.
- Solid backing team: The governance aspect of the DeFi Pulse Index is looked after by Concourse, an independent crypto community made up of established digital currency developers, enthusiasts and researchers.
Coins similar to DeFiPulse Index (DPI)
DeFiPulse Index (DPI) in news
Stratis Completes Token Swap, Guns for Enterprise Blockchain Crown
BabySwap to Introduce Cheersland Soon
Mech Master: Building the next generation of blockchain & NFT gaming
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including DeFiPulse Index, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of DPI is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the DeFiPulse Index or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to stake Tron
Find out how to stake your TRX tokens and how Tron’s delegated proof-of-stake consensus mechanism works.
How to make NFTs
Find out all you need to create your own NFTs – the new application of blockchain technology that enables digital ownership of assets.
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Socios.com review and guide
Socios.com is a sporting app that uses blockchain technology to bring fans closer to their preferred football clubs
How to stake and earn Tezos (XTZ)
Find out how to leverage XTZ token holdings to earn interest. Stake in the Tezos blockchain or provide liquidity to a DeFi protocol.
How to buy dYdX (DYDX) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the dYdX (DYDX) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Columbus-5 Terra upgrade: LUNA’s deflationary moment explained
On September 30, Terra mainnet upgrade Columbus-5 is set to bring a new wave of functionality and investment to Terra and Cosmos.
How to buy Monsta Infinite (MONI) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Monsta Infinite (MONI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenized on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.
What is Rarible? Review and guide
Buy and sell unique digital assets on the largest NFT marketplace in the crypto space.
Ask an Expert