Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Coin98 (C98)
Learn how to buy Coin98 (C98) in our step-by-step guide.
Coin98 (C98) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $93,658,537.
Coin98 is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today C98 is trading for $0.187539, which is slightly down from yesterday's trading price of $0.1959146859. Coin98's seen a decrease of -73% over the past year.
So before you buy Coin98, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can buy Coin98.
How to buy Coin98 in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Coin98 is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit USD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, card and bank payments are widely accepted.
Buy Coin98You can now exchange your funds for Coin98. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Coin98 to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Coin98
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade C98 by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this Coin98 guide up-to-date
- C98 price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- Coin98 performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
How do I find the best places to buy Coin98?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Coin98?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Coin98.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing C98 with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Coin98?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy C98 with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy C98:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase C98 by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for C98 on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Coin98?
The easiest way to buy C98 is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best Coin98 wallets to store your C98
You can keep your C98 on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your C98 below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is Coin98 a good investment?
Altcoins can be extremely risky investments. As a result, all aspects of both the cryptocurrency and its associated protocol should be thoroughly evaluated. Here are a few important considerations to take into account before investing in C98:
- Multi-chain: The C98 token runs on multiple blockchains, eliminating the dependence on one network for its long-term viability. A wider reach can sometimes place upward pressure on demand in comparison to tokens that are restricted to one blockchain. Note: Due to the cross-chain existence of C98, when transferring the token, make sure that the correct blockchain is used.
- Access to Coin98 tiers: The more C98 tokens held by a user, the higher a token holder’s tier rank within the ecosystem. High-ranked users are given exclusive access to premium privileges and events, including priority launchpad allocations and entry to marketing events with partners.
- Staking: The platform provides a staking module for C98 tokens that offers a fixed rate of return and removes the risk of impermanent loss. In addition to C98 staking rewards, stakers can also earn unique NFTs depending on their staking plan. The protocol’s staking smart contracts have been audited by both PeckShield and CertiK.
- On-chain governance limitation: While the network allows token holders to propose and vote on development proposals regarding the Coin98 Exchange and its products, governance does not extend to the management and operation of the Coin98 company and its associated assets. The company remains essential to the operations of the ecosystem and there is no roadmap to suggest this will change in the future.
- Competition: Coin98 is firmly situated within the DeFi sector, which is one of the most competitive spaces in the cryptocurrency industry. However, few individual projects can compare to the scale of infrastructure being built within the Coin98 ecosystem. It is advisable to look out for key updates regarding new applications being built within the ecosystem. As the ecosystem expands, it could create new demand for the C98 token.
Today's Coin98 price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Coin98 ($0.187539 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $6.42 on August 25, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer C98 is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell Coin98?You can convert or sell your C98 with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have C98 on.
- If you store your Coin98 in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of C98 you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Coin98.
- Complete your transaction and move your C98 to a wallet for storage.
How to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
Whether products shown are available to you is subject to individual provider sole approval and discretion in accordance with the eligibility criteria and T&Cs on the provider website.
Are you visiting from outside the US?
More guides on Finder
How to buy Sui (SUI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sui, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUI.
How to buy Pepe (PEPE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Pepe, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PEPE.
How to buy Arbitrum (ARB)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Arbitrum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ARB.
How to buy FTX (FTT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy FTX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FTT.
How to buy Sushi (SUSHI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sushi, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUSHI.
How to buy UMA (UMA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy UMA, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on UMA.
How to buy Maker (MKR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Maker, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MKR.
How to buy Serum (SRM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Serum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SRM.
How to buy Reserve Rights (RSR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Reserve Rights, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on RSR.
How to buy Stella (ALPHA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Stella, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALPHA.