Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Celo Dollar (CUSD)
Learn how to buy Celo Dollar (CUSD) in our step-by-step guide.
Celo Dollar (CUSD) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $40,623,206.
Celo Dollar is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today CUSD is trading for $0.998241, which is slightly down from yesterday's trading price of $1.00. Celo Dollar's seen an increase of 0% over the past year.
So before you buy Celo Dollar, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can use to buy Celo Dollar.
How to buy Celo Dollar in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Celo Dollar is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit using the payment method that best suits you – fiat and cryptocurrency payments are widely accepted.
Buy Celo DollarYou can now exchange your funds for Celo Dollar. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Celo Dollar to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Celo Dollar
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade CUSD by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this Celo Dollar guide up-to-date
- CUSD price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- Celo Dollar performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
- Key information on coins and how to buy them is regularly reviewed by our editorial team of James Edwards, Frank Corva and Billy Endres.
- Our coin coverage and exchange information is regularly reviewed by our publishing experts Louise Vinciguerra and Molly Wiltshire-Bridle.
How do I find the best places to buy Celo Dollar?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Celo Dollar?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Celo Dollar.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing CUSD with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Celo Dollar?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy CUSD with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy CUSD:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase CUSD by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for CUSD on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Celo Dollar?
The easiest way to buy CUSD is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best Celo Dollar wallets to store your CUSD
You can keep your CUSD on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your CUSD below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is Celo Dollar a good investment?
CUSD is a USD pegged stablecoin that can be used within the Celo ecosystem for a variety of payment-related purposes. Unlike most cryptos available in the market today, the asset is not subject to major price swings. Here are a few key aspects of the project worth considering:
- Mobile centric design: Typically when dealing with crypto transfers users are required to remember cumbersome wallet addresses which consist of a long string of alphanumeric characters. However, as per the official project whitepaperwhitepaper Celo’s unique design allows it to process payments using one’s mobile phone number.
- Cost efficient design:By making use of a “mobile address-based encryption system”, users can process voluminous monetary transactions securely using their phones at near zero fee rates. Not only that, by making use of one’s phone numbers for identification purposes, Celo is able to eliminate the need for any financial intermediaries such as banks, money lenders completely.
- Solid market partnerships:Since entering the market, Celo has entered into partnerships/agreements with a host of mainstream entities including OKCoin, Opera, Bitso, cLabs, Coinbase Ventures, A16Z, Deutsche Telekom, Polychain, Paxful, etc.
- Ease of availability:Celo Dollars’ growing market popularity is made evident by the fact that the stablecoin is now being traded across a number of mainstream cryptocurrency exchanges including KuCoin, Bittrex, Coinlist Pro, amongst others.
Today's Celo Dollar price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Celo Dollar ($0.998241 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $1.14 on September 10, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer CUSD is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell Celo Dollar?You can convert or sell your CUSD with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have CUSD on.
- If you store your Celo Dollar in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of CUSD you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Celo Dollar.
- Complete your transaction and move your CUSD to a wallet for storage.
Get started with crypto
Crypto exchanges and wallets
Learn how to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy FTX (FTT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy FTX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FTT.
How to buy Sushi (SUSHI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sushi, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUSHI.
How to buy UMA (UMA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy UMA, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on UMA.
How to buy Maker (MKR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Maker, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MKR.
How to buy Serum (SRM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Serum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SRM.
How to buy Reserve Rights (RSR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Reserve Rights, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on RSR.
How to buy Alpha Venture DAO (ALPHA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Alpha Venture DAO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALPHA.
How to buy Nexus Mutual (NXM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nexus Mutual, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NXM.
How to buy Voyager VGX (VGX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Voyager VGX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on VGX.
How to buy Curve DAO (CRV)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Curve DAO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CRV.
Ask an Expert