Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Bifrost (BFC)
Learn how to buy Bifrost (BFC) in our step-by-step guide.
Bifrost (BFC) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $61,511,740.
Bifrost is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today BFC is trading for $0.04805137, which is slightly down from yesterday's trading price of $0.050101258. Bifrost's seen a decrease of -33% over the past year.
So before you buy Bifrost, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can buy Bifrost.
How to buy Bifrost in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Bifrost is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit USD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, card and bank payments are widely accepted.
Buy BifrostYou can now exchange your funds for Bifrost. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Bifrost to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Bifrost
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade BFC by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this Bifrost guide up-to-date
- BFC price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- Bifrost performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
How do I find the best places to buy Bifrost?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Bifrost?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Bifrost.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing BFC with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Bifrost?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy BFC with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy BFC:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase BFC by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for BFC on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Bifrost?
The easiest way to buy BFC is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best Bifrost wallets to store your BFC
You can keep your BFC on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your BFC below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is Bifrost a good investment?
Cryptocurrencies are complicated and speculative. Buying any crypto coin or token comes with a high level of risk. It’s essential that you’re fully aware of all the risks involved before you decide to buy. If you’re thinking of purchasing BFC, make sure you consider the following factors first:
- Innovative middleware: Instead of offering a network that allows other blockchains to communicate, similar to Cosmos or Polkadot, the Bifrost protocol is implemented at the smart contract level. This means Bifrost dApp developers are not constrained to one consensus mechanism and are free to swap and change blockchains at any time. With issues with specific blockchains always posing a risk, developers may find the Bifrost solution extremely attractive. However, time will tell to see how many dApps are built using the protocol.
- Potentially unlimited connections - but not yet: According to the project’s website, Bifrost can connect to any blockchain protocol within the cryptocurrency ecosystem. However, the middleware is currently only connected to Ethereum, Klaytn, Tron, AEthereum and Metadium. The true connectivity of the middleware will truly determine how successful Bifrost will be. The protocol may need to adopt several other blockchain layer-1 protocols before market share can be taken away from competitors.
- Competitors: Bifrost tries to solve the issues with interoperability using a very innovative infrastructure. It offers some advantages over competitors. However, key competitors, such as Cosmos and Polkadot already dominate the interoperability sector. Bifrost will need to capture market share from these protocols before demand for BFC will grow.
- Growing ecosystem: BiFi is Bifrost’s first DeFi application developed using the protocol. With the capacity to connect to Bitcoin and a host of other blockchains, BiFi is intended to be more scalable and transparent than DeFi services built on top of Ethereum. The first application may encourage other developers to follow. Investors should keep track of any new developments within the ecosystem as it may have an impact on the price of BFC.
Today's Bifrost price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Bifrost ($0.04805137 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $0.778815 on August 19, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer BFC is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell Bifrost?You can convert or sell your BFC with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have BFC on.
- If you store your Bifrost in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of BFC you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Bifrost.
- Complete your transaction and move your BFC to a wallet for storage.
How to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
Whether products shown are available to you is subject to individual provider sole approval and discretion in accordance with the eligibility criteria and T&Cs on the provider website.
Are you visiting from outside the US?
More guides on Finder
How to buy DRAC (Ordinals) (DRAC)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy DRAC (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on DRAC.
How to buy VMPX (VMPX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy VMPX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on VMPX.
How to buy BANK (Ordinals) (BANK)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy BANK (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BANK.
How to buy ZBIT (Ordinals) (ZBIT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ZBIT (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ZBIT.
How to buy WHEE (WHEE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy WHEE, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on WHEE.
How to buy PIZA (Ordinals) (PIZA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy PIZA (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PIZA.
How to buy BISO (BISO)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy BISO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BISO.
How to buy PEPE (Ordinals) (PEPE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy PEPE (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PEPE.
How to buy ALEX Lab (ALEX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ALEX Lab, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALEX.
How to buy NALS (NALS)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy NALS, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NALS.