Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Bella Protocol (BEL)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling BEL in the US.
How to buy Bella Protocol
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Bella Protocol.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports BEL.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Bella Protocol.
- Buy Bella Protocol.
Complete your Bella Protocol purchase and then find the best wallet to store BEL.
What is Bella Protocol?
BEL is the native token of the Bella Protocol. It acts as both the utility and governance token for this network. Bella Protocol is an aggregator for existing decentralised finance (DeFi) platforms to give users a single point access to various tools in the DeFi ecosystem.
The protocol aims to eliminate issues arising from high gas fees and slow network speed that affects blockchains like Ethereum, and also improve the user’s experience of the DeFi ecosystem. Bella was launched in September 2020. It was the first project to be distributed through Binance’s launchpool. They are backed by various firms including, Arrington XRP Capital and Ledger Capital.
The Bella platform has the below products as its product offerings for users:
- Bella Liquidity Mining platform
- Flexible Savings
- One-click portal to deploy assets on popular DeFi products
- A Lending platform
- RoboAdvisor - A virtual investment selection advisor
This platform is governed by the holders of the BEL token, who can make changes to the platform through voting. These changes could be updates, new releases and various other aspects. Amongst other things, the BEL token also enables the reward mechanism for users involved in the staking process. It is also used for farm fee rewards and earning discounts on the Bella suite of products.
Bella Protocol (BEL) is the 328th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $128,492,372. The current price of Bella Protocol is $4.070, which is 5.257% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $4.120 and $3.470 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 19, 2021 06:04 UTC.
Where to buy Bella Protocol
Unfortunately at this time no major exchanges offer Bella Protocol. However, you may be able to purchase BEL with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Instead of buying Bella Protocol, consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
Bella Protocol coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of BEL over time.
Bella Protocol at a glance
|Total BEL supply||100,000,000|
|All time high||US$9.990|
Bella Protocol price performance over time
How to sell Bella Protocol
You can cash out your BEL with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have BEL on.
If you store your Bella Protocol in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of BEL you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Bella Protocol.
What to consider when buying Bella Protocol
Investing in cryptocurrencies is not free of risk as it is a highly volatile and speculative market, thus, investors should always weigh all the factors affecting the economics of a certain cryptocurrency. Below are some of the facets that you would need to consider before allocating a certain part of your portfolio to BEL:
- Supply: According to CoinMarketCap, at the time of writing (April 2021), there are 28.5 million coins in circulation. The maximum supply is capped at 100 million tokens.
- Zero gas fees: While Ethereum is transitioning it’s PoS 2.0 version, the issue of high gas fees is one of the main concerns surrounding the network. Considering that most DeFi protocols are based on the Ethereum blockchain, these high gas fees affect DeFi investors significantly. One of Bella protocol’s main propositions is that it charges “zero gas fees” by subsidizing this fee for users.
- Competitors: Bella protocol is not the only DeFi aggregation platform available in the markets. There are several platforms and exchanges right now that are offering these services actively and have a proven track record to attract more consumers to their platform. Some of these platforms are 1inch, Matcha, Paraswap, Zapper.fi and Zerion.io.
Ask an Expert