Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy BarnBridge (BOND) in the US
A beginner's guide to buying and selling BOND in the US.
How to buy BarnBridge
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying BarnBridge.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports BOND.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy BarnBridge.
- Buy BarnBridge.
Complete your BarnBridge purchase and then find the best wallet to store BOND.
What is BarnBridge?
BOND, an ERC-20 token, is the governance token of BarnBridge protocol. The protocol essentially brings the traditional risk management aspect to DeFi space by creating “bond-like” products which split the risks associated with cryptocurrency investment into various tranches or buckets, which allows participants, especially institutional investors, to invest in crypto assets based on their risk appetite. The investor can choose from a low (senior), mid or high (junior) risk bucket based on their risk profile and are offered corresponding returns. On providing liquidity to the pool, the investor receives a token that represents ownership and can be traded on other protocols. However, these tokens are not the platform’s governance token, BOND.
Currently, BarnBridge offers two products: Smart Yield Bonds and Smart Alpha Bonds. BOND token is integral to the platform as it is the native token of the platform used for staking in the DAO system to propose changes to the protocol or make any decisions regarding the direction of the protocol. The project is focused to expand DeFi capabilities and address some of the important aspects of institutional activity, including risk management and access to fixed income instruments thereby, increased institutional activity across DeFi.
BarnBridge (BOND) is the 382nd largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $131,407,141. The current price of BarnBridge is $27.74, which is -3.844% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $29.68 and $26.8 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 27, 2021 12:10 UTC.
Where to buy BarnBridge
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade BOND by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy BarnBridge?
The technical analysis gauge for BarnBridge displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of BarnBridge based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of BarnBridge: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how BOND performs.
BarnBridge at a glance
|Total BOND supply||10,000,000|
|All time high||US$185.69|
|Notable team members||Troy Murray, Tyler Ward, Milad Mostavi, Dragos Rizescu|
|Partnerships||Digital MOB, atpar, centrality, Rude Labs, Proof Systems|
|Industry||A fluctuations derivatives protocol|
|Token uses||Governance, staking|
BarnBridge price performance over time
How to sell BarnBridge
You can cash out your BOND with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have BOND on.
If you store your BarnBridge in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of BOND you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of BarnBridge.
What to consider when buying BarnBridgeConsider the following before buying BOND:
- Competition: BarnBridge is a first-of-its-kind platform providing fixed income to the DeFi space. Although it is unique in its offering to smoothen the risk and aggregate fixed-income yields, thereby improving the overall efficiency of the system, there are other option trading platforms including Hegic and Opyn which allow institutional traders to hedge risks and are sufficient in serving the TradFi community.
- Governance: The BOND governance token empowers users to vote on changes to the platform including rewards, fees and improvements. The entire infrastructure of the platform is built around a community-driven DAO. The BarnBridge team has also expressed their interest via a Medium post, to launch a token model similar to Synthetic and Aave, where staked tokens provide insurance-like protection against any protocol failures. Stakers would be rewarded in return with protocol fees.
- Risks: Similar to the fixed income products in the traditional world of finance, which carry low risk but are not 100% risk-free, BarnBridge also provides investors to mitigate risk against a fixed return but is not 100% risk-free. The smart contracts on the platform can be hacked, which is a common occurrence in the DeFi space, and the platform also runs the risk of suffering from insufficient liquidity and low yields of DeFi platforms it connects with. If there is not enough liquidity on Compound and BarnBridge Smart Alpha Bond tries to liquidate assets there, the pool investors will end up losing money.
Coins similar to BarnBridge (BOND)
BarnBridge (BOND) in news
Privacy or policy? Why Facebook's crypto wallet Novi is facing resistance
Here’s Why 1Inch Token Surged Over 100% in 24-Hours
Lumenswap Launches Lottery Model on Stellar, How the People Will Have A Real Chance To Win Great Rewards
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including BarnBridge, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of BOND is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the BarnBridge or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to stake Tron
Find out how to stake your TRX tokens and how Tron’s delegated proof-of-stake consensus mechanism works.
How to make NFTs
Find out all you need to create your own NFTs – the new application of blockchain technology that enables digital ownership of assets.
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Socios.com review and guide
Socios.com is a sporting app that uses blockchain technology to bring fans closer to their preferred football clubs
How to stake and earn Tezos (XTZ)
Find out how to leverage XTZ token holdings to earn interest. Stake in the Tezos blockchain or provide liquidity to a DeFi protocol.
How to buy dYdX (DYDX) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the dYdX (DYDX) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Columbus-5 Terra upgrade: LUNA’s deflationary moment explained
On September 30, Terra mainnet upgrade Columbus-5 is set to bring a new wave of functionality and investment to Terra and Cosmos.
How to buy Monsta Infinite (MONI) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Monsta Infinite (MONI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenized on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.
What is Rarible? Review and guide
Buy and sell unique digital assets on the largest NFT marketplace in the crypto space.
Ask an Expert