Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Atari (ATRI) in the United States
Learn how to buy Atari (ATRI) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
Where to buy Atari
Unfortunately, at this time no major exchanges in the United States offer this coin. However, you may be able to purchase it with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
Steps on how to buy Atari
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Atari.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports ATRI.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Atari.
- Buy Atari.
Complete your Atari purchase and then find the best wallet to store ATRI.
What to consider when buying AtariWhen deciding to invest in a cryptocurrency, it’s important to consider the coin and its platform’s potential upside and deterrents:
- Muddled thinking. It is not clear that Atari has come up with any successful use cases for its token to date. The ATRI token whitepaper, released in August 2020, said its first major use case was “a crypto-casino, offering players the possibility to gamble with crypto-currencies” and later press releases said the casino would feature Atari NFTs which players could use to earn Ethereum. But in early July 2021, Atari Casino was scrapped, with the company taking a $6m loss on the failed project.
- Pre-sale. While ATRI has been available to the public since October 2020, 10% of the supply was sold to private investors in 3 pre-sale portions in April, September and October 2020. 25% of the total supply of ATRI has been held back for founders, 20% is locked in an ecosystem development fund due to be released over the next 3 years, and 30% is due to be released at some unspecified point in the future in response to network growth and demand rates. With only 10% of the circulating supply being made available to the public, ATRI may be difficult to trade.
- Direct link to Atari. Atari as a company has seen better days. Its share price has declined from an all-time high of more than 10 euros per share to less than 0.5 euros today. Despite being a pioneer in gaming, sales have slowed in recent years and it has been overtaken by much newer entrants and online gaming platforms like Xbox Live, PlayStation and Google Stadia. If Atari share price continues to decline, it is likely to affect the price of ATRI, too. If their games sell well, there will be a larger audience for ATRI tokens in future and, therefore, more demand. If games sell poorly, then demand could dry up.
How to sell Atari
You can cash out your ATRI with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ATRI on.
If you store your Atari in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of ATRI you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Atari.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Atari, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of ATRI is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Atari or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Ethereum on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC) in the United States
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC) in the United States
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy SpankChain (SPANK) in the United States
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the SpankChain (SPANK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy All Sports (SOC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the All (Sports) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert