Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy ARK (ARK)
Learn how to buy ARK (ARK) in our step-by-step guide.
ARK (ARK) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $45,692,835.
ARK is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today ARK is trading for $0.263559, which is slightly up from yesterday's trading price of $0.2694939576. ARK's seen a decrease of -60% over the past year.
So before you buy ARK, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can buy ARK.
How to buy ARK in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy ARK is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit USD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, card and bank payments are widely accepted.
Buy ARKYou can now exchange your funds for ARK. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your ARK to your personal wallet.
Where to buy ARK
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade ARK by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this ARK guide up-to-date
- ARK price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- ARK performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
How do I find the best places to buy ARK?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy ARK?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading ARK.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing ARK with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy ARK?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy ARK with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy ARK:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase ARK by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for ARK on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy ARK?
The easiest way to buy ARK is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best ARK wallets to store your ARK
You can keep your ARK on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your ARK below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is ARK a good investment?
If you are wondering whether to buy Dragonchain or any other cryptocurrency, make sure you understand the risks involved. Here are some points to take into consideration:
- Forging. ARK's staking rewards system is somewhat unique compared to other proof-of-stake networks. The rewards distribution system isn't set by a governance token or by the ARK development team – instead, each individual delegator decides how they will manage rewards. This ensures a fully decentralized staking system, however does leave users open to greater risk than networks with closely-guarded reward distributions.
- Competition and adoption. ARK is just one of many projects trying to bring blockchain solutions to the mainstream. BaaS cryptocurrencies have become quite popular, and success in this market is predicated on businesses adopting a specific network for their services. If a competitior gains traction and businesses choose one of the many other protocols to build their infrastructure upon, ARK's development may be hindered. That said, ARK hasn't had an issue with adoption thus far, boasting over 500,000 installs of their products across 250,000 active community members.
- Development team. ARK has a broad development team, comprising 30 paid members and over 100 open-source contributors from around the world. While some crypto projects shroud their developers in ambiguity, ARK is completely transparent with their team. You can find out more about their developers on the ARK website.
Today's ARK price versus ATH
Compare today's price of ARK ($0.263559 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $10.22 on January 10, 2018. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer ARK is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell ARK?You can convert or sell your ARK with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ARK on.
- If you store your ARK in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of ARK you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of ARK.
- Complete your transaction and move your ARK to a wallet for storage.
How to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
Whether products shown are available to you is subject to individual provider sole approval and discretion in accordance with the eligibility criteria and T&Cs on the provider website.
Are you visiting from outside the US?
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pepe (PEPE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Pepe, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PEPE.
How to buy Sui (SUI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sui, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUI.
How to buy SSV Network (SSV)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy SSV Network, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SSV.
How to buy Arbitrum (ARB)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Arbitrum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ARB.
How to buy USDD (USDD)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy USDD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on USDD.
How to buy Blur (BLUR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Blur, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BLUR.
How to buy FLOKI (FLOKI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy FLOKI, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FLOKI.
How to buy Aptos (APT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Aptos, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on APT.
How to buy EthereumPoW (ETHW)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ETHW.
How to buy Optimism (OP)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Optimism, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on OP.