Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Ampleforth (AMPL)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling AMPL in the US.
How to buy Ampleforth
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Ampleforth.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports AMPL.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Ampleforth.
- Buy Ampleforth.
Complete your Ampleforth purchase and then find the best wallet to store AMPL.
What is Ampleforth?
Ampleforth is a digital-asset protocol that makes use of unique token distribution and production design such that it adjusts the value of its native AMPL cryptocurrency as per its market demand at any given point. So for example, when there is more consumer demand for AMPL, the system automatically starts to increase the overall supply of the token and vice versa.
And while on paper, AMPL seems to serve the exact same function as various stablecoins much like USDT, USDC — since it always maintains its value in relation to the American dollar — it bears mentioning that the token is not backed by any fiat asset nor is its value supported by a crypto-pegged currency such as MakerDAO’s DAI stablecoin.
Ampleforth (AMPL) is the 189th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $355,826,060. The current price of Ampleforth is $1.270, which is 14.528% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $1.310 and $1.110 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 17, 2021 08:04 UTC.
Where to buy AmpleforthFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade AMPL by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Ampleforth coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of AMPL over time.
Ampleforth at a glance
|Total AMPL supply||331,778,878|
|All time high||US$4.070|
Ampleforth price performance over time
How to sell Ampleforth
You can cash out your AMPL with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have AMPL on.
If you store your Ampleforth in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of AMPL you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Ampleforth.
What to consider when buying Ampleforth
- Interesting monetary proposition: The token dynamics employed by Ampleforth are quite unique, such that the protocol seeks to combine the scarcity aspect of Bitcoin all while allowing it to enjoy the elasticity (i.e. inflationary) benefits presented by fiat currency.
- Financial incentives: The platform provides network participants with lucrative incentives for helping the network reach a state of economic equilibrium. Alternatively, one could also say that the network hinges on the activities of profit-seeking traders to restore equilibrium on the demand side once supply ratios are altered.
- Unique design: After the gold standard was abolished in the 1940s, fiat currencies did not have their values hinged to any physical commodity, essentially allowing governments all over the world to inflate their money supply streams as they see fit, instead of expanding and contract the total output as per market demand.
Ampleforth borrows from the concept of a flexible monetary supply, combining it with the deflationary model used by many cryptocurrencies today (ala Bitcoin), effectively eliminating any sort of centralized control over its total token pool.
- Experimental: Though quite exciting, Ampleforth is still quite experimental in its design since it makes use of an operational structure that has not been tested out under rigorous market conditions. This is best highlighted by the fact that since its inception, the currency’s total market capitalization has never crossed the $10 million threshold.
Ask an Expert