Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Amp (AMP)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling AMP in the US.
How to buy Amp
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Amp.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports AMP.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Amp.
- Buy Amp.
Complete your Amp purchase and then find the best wallet to store AMP.
What is Amp?
Amp is the native token for the Flexa payment platform. Flexa is a payment network that allows users to spend Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies at retailers such as Nordstrom, Barnes & Nobles and Lowe’s. Flexa payment is accepted in over 40,000 stores in the US and Canada. Using Flexa, you can make instant and fraud-proof payment to retailers without the need to disclose sensitive personal information. As a Flexa user your spending limit is capped at $US250 per week which resets to zero every Friday.
Amp is the token that makes Flexa’s instant payment authorisations possible. Think of Amp as crowdsourced collateral i.e. security to decentralise payment risk. As an Amp holder you can stake Amp tokens which will be used to guarantee payment transactions in different currencies.
Amp (AMP) is the 66th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $1,973,183,470. The current price of Amp is $0.054, which is -11.371% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.064 and $0.054 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 19, 2021 07:04 UTC.
Where to buy AmpFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade AMP by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Amp coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of AMP over time.
Amp at a glance
|Total AMP supply||99,203,250,270|
|All time high||US$0.064|
|All time high date||April 18, 2021|
Amp price performance over time
How to sell Amp
You can cash out your AMP with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have AMP on.
If you store your Amp in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of AMP you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Amp.
What to consider when buying AmpThere are several things to consider before buying Amp, the native token for the Flexa platform.
- Supply. The total supply of AMP tokens is fixed at 100 billion AMP, with a current circulating supply of 10 billion AMP as of April 2021.
- Staking. As an AMP token holder you can stake AMP as collateral to Flexa-enabled payment apps such as SPEDN. The staked AMP then becomes “spending power” that enables consumers to pay merchants using the Flexa payment platform. In return token holders will receive rewards that are proportionate to the amount of tokens that are staked.
- Migration from Flexacoin (FXC). Before AMP was launched the Flexa platform used Flexacoin. As of September last year Flexacoin ceased to be supported in the Flexa app and FXC holders can swap FXC for AMP at a 1-1 exchange rate.
- Volatility. According to the AMP token white paper, AMP is designed to be a “non-inflationary and low-volatility collateral token” with its value compounding exclusively because of the utility it provides as a security for payments in the Flexa network. This means the token is designed to be less volatile in price compared to other cryptocurrencies which can face extreme price volatility.
Ask an Expert