Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Alpha Finance (ALPHA)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling ALPHA in the US.
How to buy Alpha Finance
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Alpha Finance.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports ALPHA.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Alpha Finance.
- Buy Alpha Finance.
Complete your Alpha Finance purchase and then find the best wallet to store ALPHA.
What is Alpha Finance?
Alpha Finance Lab is a DeFi platform that focuses on leveraged yield farming. It aims to allow users to operate across a variety of different crypto ecosystems, including Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain (BSC). The platform uses a system where users can lend cryptocurrency to serve as leverage for farms as well as take advantage of that lending by juicing up their yields through the funds provided. The platform’s native token offering is ALPHA, which can be used for a variety of different purposes. For example, the tokens can be used for staking in order to cover any loans that have been defaulted on. Furthermore, the tokens can also be used for on-chain governance purposes such as voting as well as liquidity mining.
Alpha Finance (ALPHA) is the 163rd largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $386,275,594. The current price of Alpha Finance is $1.550, which is 20.666% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $1.550 and $1.270 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 21, 2021 04:04 UTC.
Where to buy Alpha Finance
Unfortunately at this time no major exchanges offer Alpha Finance. However, you may be able to purchase ALPHA with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Instead of buying Alpha Finance, consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
Alpha Finance coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of ALPHA over time.
Alpha Finance at a glance
|Total ALPHA supply||1,000,000,000|
|All time high||US$2.930|
|All time high date||February 05, 2021|
Alpha Finance price performance over time
How to sell Alpha Finance
You can cash out your ALPHA with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ALPHA on.
If you store your Alpha Finance in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of ALPHA you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Alpha Finance.
What to consider when buying Alpha Finance
- Novel governance framework: Even though Alpha Finance Lab is basically structured like a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), affording ALPHA holders the ability to vote on how the platform should be run as well as on certain specifics regarding future Alpha products, the governance module is split into two levels: product-level governance and finance-level governance.
- Solid dev team: The Alpha Finance Lab core dev team consists of Tascha Punyaneramitdee, who was previously the head of strategy for another prominent crypto project called Band Protocol. She has previously also served as a product manager for tech giant Tencent from 2018 to 2020. Other noteworthy team members include Nipun Pitimanaaree, a Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) graduate who was previously the recipient of a gold medal at the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) for four years running.
- DeFi accessibility: Alpha Finance Lab’s various product offerings seek to make the DeFi ecosystem more accessible to everyone. For example, Alpha Homora is the first platform within this burgeoning space to introduce to the world the concept of “leveraged yield farming,” which allows users to borrow from both depositors in Alpha as well as other platforms (such as Cream) in a fully automated, undercollateralized manner.
Similarly, AlphaX is one of the world’s first Uniswap-style perpetual swap decentralized exchanges that does not make use of any order books. As a result, it allows more crypto users to gain access to a whole host of unique financial offerings, such as leverage trading without having to go into the nitty-gritty of the concept.
- Limited token supply: Another facet of this project is that it has a capped token supply — only a total of 1 billion ALPHA will ever be produced. Of this figure, a total of 174.1 million tokens were released during the launch of the platform.
Ask an Expert