Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Aeternity (AE)
Learn how to buy Aeternity (AE) on 5+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Aeternity (AE) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Paybis. These specialized marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Launched in 2017, aeternity aims to improve the scalability of smart contracts and decentralized applications (dapps). Here's how to buy Aeternity.
How to buy Aeternity in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Aeternity is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – bank transfer, debit card, neteller and credit or debit card payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Aeternity You can now exchange your funds for Aeternity. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Aeternity to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Aeternity
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade AE by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Aeternity?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in the US to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Aeternity?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Aeternity.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing AE with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Aeternity with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy AE with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy AE on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase AE by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for AE on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Aeternity?
The easiest way to buy AE is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying AE, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Aeternity has been performing recently.
Best Aeternity wallets to store your AE
You can keep your AE on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Aeternity a good investment?
If you are wondering whether to buy Aeternity, make sure you understand the risks involved. Here are some points to take into consideration:
- Competition. The battle to be the number-one platform for smart contracts and dapps is a fierce one. Not only will Aeternity be in direct competition with Ethereum, but it will also be in competition with a host of other strong contenders such as EOS, NEO and ADA Being able to find a place in the congested smart contract ecosystem will play a huge part in the success of the Aeternity platform.
- Use-case. AE tokens function as the utility token of the Aeternity network. They can be used as a medium of exchange, to pay for transaction fees, and to deploy decentralized applications on the protocol.
- Hybrid consensus mechanism. Unlike other smart contract-focussed platforms, Aeternity utilises a hybrid Proof-of-Stake (PoS) and Proof-of-Work (PoW) model. It intends to address the environmental issues of mining as well as preventing whales from amassing and staking large portions of tokens to gain developmental control of a platform.
Additional information about Aeternity can be found using our AE analysis tools.
Today's Aeternity price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Aeternity ($0.080399 USD) against its all-time-high price of $2020-03-13T02:29:11.856Z USD on 01 January 1970. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer AE is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: March 13, 2020
Aeternity ATH: $5.69
How to trade, convert or sell AeternityYou can convert or sell your AE with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have AE on.
- If you store your Aeternity in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of AE you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Aeternity.
- Complete your transaction and move your AE to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Aeternity, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of AE is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Aeternity or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Terra (LUNA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra and how the token will perform in the future.
Wrapped Terra Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Wrapped Terra Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
tBTC (TBTC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on tBTC and how the token will perform in the future.
Shping (SHPING) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shping and how the token will perform in the future.
Orca (ORCA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Orca and how the token will perform in the future.
Pawtocol (UPI) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Pawtocol and how the token will perform in the future.
Measurable Data (MDT) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Measurable Data and how the token will perform in the future.
Moss Carbon Credit (MCO2) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Moss Carbon Credit and how the token will perform in the future.
Ask an Expert