How Does Carvana Work? Insider Tips for Buying and Selling a Used Car Online
If you’re like me, you might dread the idea of buying or selling a car. It’s a significant purchase that you don’t make very often and usually doesn’t come with much transparency. Plus, it’s easy to feel like you’re at a disadvantage when dealing with a car salesperson who earns commissions for a living.
Fortunately, there’s a better, modern way to buy or sell your used vehicle: Carvana. I’ve been intrigued by their clever TV commercials featuring tall car vending machines. And since I’m getting ready to help my mom sell a car, I wanted to learn more about how Carvana works.
So, I had a great interview with Sarah Wyant on the Money Girl podcast. Sarah is the Assistant Director of Financial Planning & Analysis at Carvana and knows a ton about the right way to choose, finance, and sell cars.
Our interview is full of expert tips about the best way to buy a used vehicle from the comfort of home. And spoiler alert: Finding your next car can not only be hassle-free, but you might actually enjoy shopping for a pre-owned vehicle on the Carvana platform!
One of my favorite quotes from Sarah is, “Carvana doesn’t know if you’ve never bought a car before or judge you for being a woman … everybody gets a great deal.” Here are a few topics we cover in our interview:
- Why it’s essential to use Carvana’s Auto Loan Calculator to know how much you can afford before shopping for a car.
- How to prepare your finances for a car loan and apply without a hard inquiry on your credit reports.
- Why Carvana shoppers save an average of $1,000 compared to buying a car at a traditional dealership.
- How to know if purchasing a new or used car is better for your finances.
- Smart tips to know if you should sell your vehicle outright or take a trade-in credit.
- Why being an anonymous user on Carvana is incredibly fun, convenient, and empowering.
- How to get a real offer to sell your car in minutes, even if you still owe money for it.