Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Celebrate the new digs with cheery flowers.
Help your neighbors, friends or family brighten up their new place with a vibrant floral arrangement.
Top 6 housewarming flowers
Always on my mind
Sensational Spring Beauty
How to choose the best flowers for a housewarming
Take these factors into consideration when choosing housewarming flowers:
- Lifespan. Rather than sending a cut bouquet of flowers that can wither quickly, consider buying potted housewarming flowers that can last long after the homeowners have settled in.
- Color. If you know the color scheme of the new home, buy contrasting flower colors so they complement one another.
- Vase. Flower vases can be saved and reused, so choose something that you think the homeowners will like. They’ll remember your gift every time they go to put new flowers in that vase for years to come.
Where to shop for housewarming flowers
Why buy flowers as housewarming gifts?
Flowers liven up a home while adding beautiful, natural scents to the environment. They also have several other benefits:
- They bring life. Flowers bring joy and life into a new house. They reflect the excitement and joy of a new home and a new stage in life. Flowers make a new area feel lively, bright and vibrant.
- They add beauty. It may be hard to decorate a new home immediately after you’ve moved in. Flowers can add beauty to the new home and draw attention away from the pile of boxes still waiting to be unpacked.
- They add fragrance. Fragrant flowers will make a new home smell lovely and feel full of life.
- Convenience. Buying flowers as housewarming gifts is convenient and hassle-free. You don’t have to spend countless hours hunting for ideas, especially if you’re not sure what the decor or color scheme of the new home is.
Flowers can make an excellent housewarming gift for neighbors, coworkers, friends and family members. If you’re not able to make it to the housewarming party, you can easily order flowers online and have them sent directly to the new home.
Frequently asked questions
Current deals and specials
More guides on Finder
Compare bus conversion insurance
Find and qualify for the right type of policy when living in a skoolie.
Best time to visit Yellowstone National Park
Guide to Yellowstone, including cost and transportation options.
How to move your existing store online
Ready to sell on the Internet? Take your brick-and-mortar business into the online marketplace. Start your own website or set up shop on an established platform.
What does home insurance cover?
Find the home insurance coverage you need to build the perfect policy for your nest.
American Eagle Outfitters review
Shop classic styles with a preppy twist, including bestselling jeans and tops.
Compare Great Dane pet insurance
Because of this gentle giant’s many health issues, pet insurance might be worth your while.
American Family home insurance review
Are wide customizations and great discounts worth the average customer service?
Brandless review: Household essentials without the brand noise
Shop a wide range of clean products that are better for your body — and the planet.
Veterans Day sales 2020
Find out what to buy and where to shop to ring in some early holiday bargains.
Get well soon flowers
The next time you’re visiting someone who is under the weather, consider taking flowers along and in case you can’t make it in person, think about sending some.
Ask an Expert