Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Celebrate the new digs with cheery flowers.
Help your neighbors, friends or family brighten up their new place with a vibrant floral arrangement.
Top 6 housewarming flowers
Always on my mind
Sensational Spring Beauty
How to choose the best flowers for a housewarming
Take these factors into consideration when choosing housewarming flowers:
- Lifespan. Rather than sending a cut bouquet of flowers that can wither quickly, consider buying potted housewarming flowers that can last long after the homeowners have settled in.
- Color. If you know the color scheme of the new home, buy contrasting flower colors so they complement one another.
- Vase. Flower vases can be saved and reused, so choose something that you think the homeowners will like. They’ll remember your gift every time they go to put new flowers in that vase for years to come.
Where to shop for housewarming flowers
Why buy flowers as housewarming gifts?
Flowers liven up a home while adding beautiful, natural scents to the environment. They also have several other benefits:
- They bring life. Flowers bring joy and life into a new house. They reflect the excitement and joy of a new home and a new stage in life. Flowers make a new area feel lively, bright and vibrant.
- They add beauty. It may be hard to decorate a new home immediately after you’ve moved in. Flowers can add beauty to the new home and draw attention away from the pile of boxes still waiting to be unpacked.
- They add fragrance. Fragrant flowers will make a new home smell lovely and feel full of life.
- Convenience. Buying flowers as housewarming gifts is convenient and hassle-free. You don’t have to spend countless hours hunting for ideas, especially if you’re not sure what the decor or color scheme of the new home is.
Flowers can make an excellent housewarming gift for neighbors, coworkers, friends and family members. If you’re not able to make it to the housewarming party, you can easily order flowers online and have them sent directly to the new home.
Frequently asked questions
Current deals and specials
Ask an Expert