Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Celebrate the new digs with cheery flowers.
Help your neighbors, friends or family brighten up their new place with a vibrant floral arrangement.
Top 6 housewarming flowers
Always on my mind
Sensational Spring Beauty
How to choose the best flowers for a housewarming
Take these factors into consideration when choosing housewarming flowers:
- Lifespan. Rather than sending a cut bouquet of flowers that can wither quickly, consider buying potted housewarming flowers that can last long after the homeowners have settled in.
- Color. If you know the color scheme of the new home, buy contrasting flower colors so they complement one another.
- Vase. Flower vases can be saved and reused, so choose something that you think the homeowners will like. They’ll remember your gift every time they go to put new flowers in that vase for years to come.
Where to shop for housewarming flowers
Why buy flowers as housewarming gifts?
Flowers liven up a home while adding beautiful, natural scents to the environment. They also have several other benefits:
- They bring life. Flowers bring joy and life into a new house. They reflect the excitement and joy of a new home and a new stage in life. Flowers make a new area feel lively, bright and vibrant.
- They add beauty. It may be hard to decorate a new home immediately after you’ve moved in. Flowers can add beauty to the new home and draw attention away from the pile of boxes still waiting to be unpacked.
- They add fragrance. Fragrant flowers will make a new home smell lovely and feel full of life.
- Convenience. Buying flowers as housewarming gifts is convenient and hassle-free. You don’t have to spend countless hours hunting for ideas, especially if you’re not sure what the decor or color scheme of the new home is.
Flowers can make an excellent housewarming gift for neighbors, coworkers, friends and family members. If you’re not able to make it to the housewarming party, you can easily order flowers online and have them sent directly to the new home.
Frequently asked questions
Current deals and specials
More guides on Finder
GM OnStar car insurance review
Existing users can get a discount, but coverage is only offered in Arizona for now.
Different types of mortgage loans
A 101 guide covering the types of mortgage loans every homebuyer should know.
13 of the best shoes for nurses
Shop some of the best nursing shoes to help you stay on your feet in comfort and style. We share our picks and tips and advice from nurses.
The best debit cards for kids for 2021
Support your child’s financial knowledge and teach the important real-life money skills in a safe and controlled way with a kids’ debit card.
Compare drones: Your guide to choosing the right model
Interested in racing, recreational flying or aerial photography? This guide helps you compare and choose the perfect drone for you.
How to get rid of private mortgage insurance
Smart strategies that homeowners can use to get rid of Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI).
Revolut Junior card review
Current Revolut users can get a free prepaid card for their kids between the ages of 12 and 17.
31 Asian American-owned businesses to support
Find both veterans and up-and-coming brands in a wide range of industries — from beauty to coffee to interior design.
Holiday Safety Tips 2020
Keep your holiday safe and snug from hanging lights to staying safe on the roads.
What is equitable distribution?
How a court divides marital property during your divorce.
Ask an Expert