HODL That Thought Podcast #7: The United Nations of Blockchain with Rupert Hackett, CEO of bitcoin.com.auIn this episode Marc, Adam and Liz talk about India’s clampdown on crypto, power plants being fired up for crypto mining and Steven Seagal’s flight from Bitcoiin2Gen. Also on the podcast we play an interview with Rupert Hackett, CEO of bitcoin.com.au. In the interview Rupert talks about why the United Nations of Blockchain is necessary and the role of regulation in the crypto space moving forward.
Listen or download the episode below
To download, press the button.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Moving the needle
- 2:33 – India clamps down on crypto
- 4:19 – Tax-paying Americans owe $25 billion in crypto
- 8:31 – Defunct Australian power plant to be recommissioned to power blockchain
- 13:33 – Barclay’s analyst likens rise of bitcoin to spread of flu
- 16:26 – Steven Seagal flees Bitcoiin2Gen
- 19:01 – Reddit analysis finds crypto traders less willing to ride out volatility
Tales from the Crypto – Interview with Rupert Hackett, CEO of Bitcoin.com.au
- 23:39 – Why was the United Nations of Blockchain started?
- 25:25 – What needs to happen next in Australia and globally in terms of crypto regulation?
- 28:51 – What are the next steps required for the crypto space to thrive?
- 31:18 – What are some of the applications of blockchain that will help drive mainstream adoption in the future? Legals and voting
- 33:47 – Why do we need over-the-counter crypto sales at places like newsagents?
Are you broke yet?
- 36:50 – Intro
- 37:18 – Adam
- 37:55 – Liz
- 39:10 – Marc
Decrypted (Marc quizzes Adam and Liz about what 15 crypto currencies actually do)
- 43:23 – Intro
- 45:03 – Monaco (definition from blockonomi)
- 47:13 – Golem (definition from Coin Central)
- 50:42 – KodakCoin (definition from Kodak)
- 51:29 – SkinCoin (definition from Medium)
- 53:13 – Dentacoin (definition from Dentacoin)
- 54:47 – Stellar Lumens
- 57:24 – Putin Coin (definition from Putin Coin)
- 58:41 – Cthulhu Offerings (definition from Verge)
- 1:00:53 – Eos
- 1:01:51 – Einsteinium
- 1:03:34 – Civic
- 1:04:42 – Salt
- 1:05:29 – Loopring
- 1:06:35 – Alibabacoin (definition from Alibabacoin)
- 1:07:56 – Metal
HODL that thought provides information, entertainment and some incidental education and insight about cryptocurrencies, exchanges and the market for virtual currencies. We are not registered as securities broker-dealers or investment advisers. Nothing we present is, or is intended to be, securities brokerage, investment, tax, accounting or legal advice, as an offer or solicitation to sell or buy, or as an endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of cryptocurrency or any specific provider, service or offering. Nor are we encouraging you to trade. Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and fully understand any and all risks before acting on any information we present. Finder, and the presenters, accept no liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from your use of this information. Finder, and the presenters, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.