HODL That Thought Podcast #6: Starting a crypto index fund with Jordan Michaelides from CoinJar
Listen or download the episode below
To download, press the button.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Moving the needle
- 2:00 – South Korean capital city Seoul is starting it’s own crypto currency, called S-coin
- 6:29 – Ripple has donated millions to US public schools
- 8:32 – Australia launches new crypto exchange regulations
- 13:18 – The McAfee effect: The world’s favourite shill releases promotion details
- 16:37 – US college students are using financial aid to trade cryptocurrencies
- 19:20 – ‘When Lambo’ meme the new marker for Bitcoin wealth
Interview with Jordan Michaelidis
- 23:40 – Start
- 24:34 – What is CoinJar?
- 25:34 – How does a wallet actually work behind the scenes?
- 26:53 – What currencies are available on CoinJar and how do you go about deciding this?
- 27:35 – How do you build security into one of these wallets?
- 29:16 – Why Jordan went from only using cold wallets to using exchanges to hold cryptocurrencies
- 30:06 – What is Jordan’s biggest tip for avoiding scams in the crypto currency world
- 31:23 – Why do companies pre-mine crypto currencies?
- 32:39 – Is it always fraudsters causing coins to fail?
- 34:06 – What do you think regulation will look like and how will it impact the industry?
- 35:35 – How does CoinJar’s crypto index fund work?
- 38:33 – What else will be necessary to bring cryptocurrencies to the mainstream?
- 41:29 – What excites Jordan about cryptocurrencies?
- 43:30 – Where do you see the future of cryptocurrencies?
Are you broke yet?
- 45:37 – Start
- 48:20 – Marc
- 49:39 – Liz
- 50:36 – Adam
- 53:40 – Start
HODL that thought provides information, entertainment and some incidental education and insight about cryptocurrencies, exchanges and the market for virtual currencies. We are not registered as securities broker-dealers or investment advisers. Nothing we present is, or is intended to be, securities brokerage, investment, tax, accounting or legal advice, as an offer or solicitation to sell or buy, or as an endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of cryptocurrency or any specific provider, service or offering. Nor are we encouraging you to trade. Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and fully understand any and all risks before acting on any information we present. Finder, and the presenters, accept no liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from your use of this information. Finder, and the presenters, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.