HODL That Thought Podcast #3: Cryptocurrency predictions for 2018 with Michael Dunworth from Wyre
In this week’s episode we spoke to Michael Dunworth, CEO of Wyre, a company that helps users make cheap and fast international payments using the blockchain. Michael gave us his top tips for getting started in the crypto currency space, and his predictions for 2018. Also on the podcast, Adam, Liz and Marc talk about countries starting their own cryptocurrencies, Australia’s tax response to cryptocurrencies and Ryan Gosling’s supposed debut into the world of ICOs.
Listen or download the episode below
To download, press the button.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Moving the needle
- 2:29 – Marshall Islands and Venezuela to launch their own crypto currencies with Cambodia following
- 5:22 – Cryptocurrency, blockchain and initial coin offering are now in Merriam-Webster
- 6:50 – The ATO is casting a keen eye on crypto claims
- 12:35 – ICO uses Ryan Gosling image on their team page
- 14:29 – Atari is launching not one but two cryptocurrencies
- 17:38 – Late Wu-Tang member gets his own crypto
Interview with Michael Dunworth from Wyre
- 22:32 – What’s in store for bitcoin in 2018
- 24:58 – What’s in store for Ethereum in 2018
- 27:12 – What’s in store for Ripple in 2018
- 29:36 – Can Ripple replace SWIFT?
- 30:29 – Predictions for alt-coins for 2018
- 35:35 – What does Michael think people should stay away from?
- 36:07 – What is the biggest sleeping giant in the cryptocurrency world?
- 37:33 – Michael’s words of caution for buying crypto currencies
- 41:23 – Michael’s biggest tip for getting into cryptocurrency – read
- 42:44 – Michael’s second tip for getting into cryptocurrency – focus on security
- 43:45 – Michael’s third tip for getting into cryptocurrency – understand the people in the space
- 45:08 – Michaels’ fourth tip for getting into cryptocurrency – be patient
- 46:44 – Michael’s fifth and most important tip for getting into cryptocurrency – be willing to flush your money down the toilet
- 48:07 – What does Wyre do?
- 54:33 – What will happen in 2018 at Wyre?
- 55:42 – Mike’s laundry story from before Wyre
Are you broke yet
- 1:03:21 – Marc’s experience
- 1:05:11 – Liz’s experience
- 1:06:47 – Adam’s experience
- 1:08:32 – Introduction
- 1:09:29 – Liz’s attempt at verification
- 1:10:48 – Adam’s attempt at verification
HODL that thought provides information, entertainment and some incidental education and insight about cryptocurrencies, exchanges and the market for virtual currencies. We are not registered as securities broker-dealers or investment advisers. Nothing we present is, or is intended to be, securities brokerage, investment, tax, accounting or legal advice, as an offer or solicitation to sell or buy, or as an endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of cryptocurrency or any specific provider, service or offering. Nor are we encouraging you to trade. Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and fully understand any and all risks before acting on any information we present. Finder, and the presenters, accept no liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from your use of this information. Finder, and the presenters, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.