ZA Card Review: Features and Fees
Hong Kong's first Visa card with personalised number
ZA Card is a debit card that can be used in Hong Kong and all over the world. You can spend with the money from your ZA Bank HKD savings account to make online / offline payment and withdraw cash at Visa ATMs with your ZA Card. Learn more about the features of the ZA Card.
ZA Bank is currently offering limited-time promotions. Eligible customers who successfully open an account via Finder can get one of the below rewards:
|HK$150 cash reward|
|+3.2% p.a. HKD time deposit rate-up coupon|
With a deposit amount of up to HK$50,000 AND a deposit tenor of 3 months (92 days) as an example:
The information provided is accurate as of 6 January 2023.
What is ZA Card?
ZA Card is a Visa debit card with no annual fees that can be used in Hong Kong and all over the world. You can spend with the money from your ZA Bank HKD savings account, make transactions, and withdraw cash at Visa ATMs.
ZA Card features
Some of the main features of this card include the following:
- Zero fee: ZA Card is a debit card. There is no annual fee, also no interest and late fees.
- Personal customisation: Hong Kong’s first Visa card with personalised number. You can enjoy personal customization by deciding the last 6 digits of your ZA Card number.
- Cash withdrawal: You can enjoy free cash withdrawal at over 3,000 local banks’ Visa ATMs in Hong Kong and access to almost 3 million Visa ATMs worldwide with the physical card with additional charge.
- New level of security: Lock and unlock your card with one tap in the ZA Bank app. Receive instant notifications for each transaction and fully control your transaction limits.
- Contactless payment technology: ZA Card supports contactless Visa payWave, payment is easy with just a wave of your card, and both swiping or signing are not needed when making transactions.
How to apply for ZA Card
You have to open a ZA Bank account and request for a ZA Card. Open an account in as fast as 5 minutes! You can open ZA bank account anytime, anywhere & start spending immediately.
You can kick start the application process by downloading the ZA Bank App for free on your mobile phone. Alternatively, scan the QR code with your phone through the ZA Bank website.
- Age 18 or above
- Holding the original HKID
- Holding a valid Hong Kong mobile phone number (Can receive text messages and answer calls in Hong Kong with the mobile number)
- Having a valid residential address in Hong Kong
Account opening flow
- Download and then open the ZA Bank App
- Verify your mobile number, and input the invitation code and email address (don’t forget to input our Finder’s exclusive invitation code)
- Select the type of your identification document and then follow the instruction to scan your HKID and complete the facial recognition
- Edit and confirm your HKID information
- Fill in your basic personal information
- Personalise your ZA Card number
- Set your username and login password
Upon successful application, the ZA card is ready to use.
You could also log into the ZA Bank App, then select “Account”, tap ZA Card and select “Get Now”, and confirm your correspondent address. You may expect to receive your physical ZA card within 10 business days via Hong Kong local ordinary mail.