Standard Chartered Simply Cash Visa Card Review
With the Standard Chartered Simply Cash Visa Card, you can maximise your savings with unlimited cashback on both local and overseas spending.
HK$0 annual fee for the first year. HK$2,000 thereafter.
Cashback Rate Local
Cashback Rate Overseas
Minimum Annual Income
|Product Name||Standard Chartered Simply Cash Visa Card|
|Benefit Description||Annual fee waived for the first year.|
|Rewards||1.5% cashback on local spend and 2% cashback on foreign currency spend.|
|Cashback Rate Local||1.5%|
|Cashback Rate Overseas||2%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 56 days|
Standard Chartered has made it easy to earn a solid cashback rate (1.5% on local spend and 2% on foreign currency transactions) on every dollar you spend since there are no caps on the cashback you can earn. With no tricky minimum spending requirements, you can simply enjoy the full cashback rate from the first day you open your account. You can redeem your cashback for either cash or extra-value offers any time through the online redemption platform. In addition, you get to enjoy year-round privileges offered by the Visa Signature program.
Compare the features and fees of the card to determine if it is right for you.
Benefits of the Standard Chartered Simply Cash Visa Card
- Unlimited cashback. You get 1.5% cashback on all local retail spend, including Octopus Automatic Add-Value transactions. Foreign currency spends, such as online shopping, will earn you 2%. Since there’s no cap on the amount of cashback you can earn, this is a straightforward way to get something back on your everyday credit card use.
- Easy redemption. You can choose to redeem your cashback as cash or as other extra value offers anytime through the online redemption platform.
- Exclusive privileges. A Standard Chartered Simply Cash Visa Card entitles you to a wide range of benefits and promotions, including discounts on your dining bill and airport transfer services.
- Welcome offer. Get 1.5% cashback for local spend and 2% cashback for foreign spend. T&Cs apply.
Features of the Standard Chartered Simply Cash Visa Card
Here are some of the other important features of the Standard Chartered Simply Cash Visa Card.
- Annual fee. The card charges an annual fee of HK$2,000 and no annual fee for supplementary cards. Yes annual fee waiver for your principal card if your a Priority Banking, Premium Banking or Bonus Payroll Account client.
- Contactless payments. You can use the card for fast and secure payments at Visa payWave terminals with contactless technology.
- Cashback for supplementary cardholders. Eligible transactions made by any supplementary cardholders will be counted collectively when calculating the cashback.
How to apply for the Standard Chartered Simply Cash Visa Card
If you have compared your options and decided to apply, you can proceed by completing an online application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements.
You will need to meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Be a Hong Kong resident
- Earn at least HK$96,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
To ensure the application process goes smoothly, have the following information handy:
- Photocopy of your Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID)
- Latest residential address proof showing your name
- Latest computerised payslip; or
- Bank statements showing your name, account number and salary entries
The Standard Chartered Simply Cash Visa Card could offer potential savings, but it isn’t the only cashback card on the market. To make sure you’re applying for the right card for you, take some time to compare your options before you make your decision.Back to top