Enjoy a high earn ratio from as low as HK$4 = 1 Asia Mile year-round with this co-branded credit card.
The Standard Chartered Asia Miles Mastercard is targeted at frequent flyers who love Asia Miles and frequently spend on dining and online shopping. Besides offering competitive Asia Miles earn rates, cardholders can also benefit from the first-year annual fee waiver and redemption discounts on travel and dining rewards. New cardholders can also earn up to 40,000 Asia Miles starting from as low as HK$0.50 = 1 Asia Mile as a welcome offer. Valid till 2 July 2019.
Use this guide to compare the benefits and costs of the Standard Chartered Asia Miles Mastercard so you can decide if it’s the right card for you.
|Product Name||Standard Chartered Asia Miles Mastercard|
|Benefit Description||Earn up to 40,000 Asia Miles when you apply online (starting from 1 Asia mile for HK$0.5) plus additional HK$100 cashback for new cardholders. Valid till 2 July 2019. T&Cs apply.|
|Rewards||HK$4 = 1 Asia Mile for eligible spending on dining, online and overseas category. HK$6 = 1 Asia Mile for other categories.|
|Cashback Rate Local||N/A|
|Cashback Rate Overseas||N/A|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 56 days|
|Go to Site|
Benefits of the Standard Chartered Asia Miles Mastercard
- High miles earn rate. Earn 1 Asia Mile for every HK$4 spent on eligible purchases (dining, online and overseas category) and 1 Asia Mile for every HK$6 eligible spending in other categories, including Octopus card auto-reload. However, take note that the miles earned are only valid for three years, so make sure to redeem them before expiry.
- HK$1 = 1 Asia Miles MONDAY. Maximise your mile rewards when you dine at Asia Miles partner restaurants on Mondays as every HK$1 spent entitles you to 1 Asia Mile. For every other day of the week, you will earn 1 Asia Mile for every HK$2 spent at these establishments.
- Asia Miles flight awards. You’ll be entitled to two-day priority redemption for selected flight awards bookings online from time to time.
- Travel and dining awards. Receive a 10% redemption discount on hotel, car rental, travel experience and dining awards.
- Welcome offer. New credit cardholders can earn up to 40,000 Asia Miles starting from as low as 1 mile per HK$0.50 for the first HK$7,500 of spending and 1 mile per HK$4 for the subsequent HK$100,000 of spending. You can also receive an additional 1,000 Asia Miles when you successfully apply for both this and the Standard Chartered UnionPay Dual Currency Platinum Credit Card online at the same time. Valid till 2 July 2019.
Features of the Standard Chartered Asia Miles Mastercard
These are some of the other important features of the Standard Chartered Asia Miles Mastercard.
- Annual fee. When you apply and are approved for a new Standard Chartered Asia Miles Mastercard, the first year’s annual fee will be waived, saving you HK$1,800. For subsequent years, the annual fee will be automatically waived if you spent over HK$150,000 in the previous year.
- Automatic mileage conversion. Miles will be automatically credited to your Asia Miles membership account with no mileage conversion fee.
- Contactless and mobile payments. Enjoy fast and secure payments with Mastercard’s contactless feature for purchases below HK$1,000.
- Interest-free days. Pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement and you can enjoy up to days interest-free on purchases.
If you have decided that the Standard Chartered Asia Miles Mastercard could work for you, head to the Standard Chartered website to complete your secure online application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of Hong Kong.
- Have a minimum income of HK$96,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating.
- Hong Kong ID card.
- Latest residential address proof showing your name.
- Last month’s salary slip OR bank statements showing your name, account number and salary entries.
If you’re looking forward to earning and redeeming Asia Miles, getting the Standard Chartered Asia Miles Mastercard could be an option to consider. However, it isn’t the only low-fee card on the market so make sure to compare your options before deciding.Back to top