Sonos Arc review
Quick verdict: Sonos's massive soundbar produces some astonishing sound once you've got it set up, although its asking price may put it out of reach of many.
- Great standalone sound
- Works well within the Sonos ecosystem
- Can be built out to a full 5.1 sound system with other Sonos speakers
- Best features may not work if your TV isn’t new enough
- It’s flippin’ HUGE
- Single HDMI socket
- Black or white finish
- Minimal lighting
- Guided set-up is great
- Trueplay requires an iOS device
- Some app crashes possible especially when adding component speakers
- Works well as part of a wider Sonos system
- Good standalone audio
- Getting it up to 5.1 is a pricey prospect
- Great sound, but at a high cost
Should you buy it?
The Sonos Arc is Sonos’s play into the premium soundbar space, and it’s priced accordingly. There’s little to fault in its overall sonic delivery, and it’s easily best recommended to those who already own compatible Sonos gear. With the whole switch between S1 and S2 platforms that might see some punters shy away of course.
However, it is premium priced, and for some, the existing Sonos Beam might be more than enough for your needs. If you can afford it, though, the Sonos Arc delivers on its promises of powerful and richly toned sound very well indeed.
Pricing and availability
87 x 1141.7 x 115.7 mm
Auto-switching 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz AC universal input
White and black
Images: Sonos and Alex Kidman