Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Send money to Congo-Brazzaville
Compare your options to see if you can get a better deal when sending money to the Republic of Congo.
There are lots of different ways to send money to the Republic of Congo, often known as Congo-Brazzaville.
- Choose a money transfer service that sends to Congo-Brazzaville.
- Sign up for an account with your preferred service.
- Create a new money transfer order.
- Make your payment and wait for confirmation that your transfer has arrived.
Compare options for money transfers to Congo-Brazzaville
The calculator below shows different services that can send money to Congo-Brazzaville.
Simply enter your amount into the table and it will calculate the approximate fees, exchange rates and transfer time for you.
What’s the best way to send money to Congo-Brazzaville?
There are several different ways of getting money to Congo-Brazzaville. What’s best will depend on what you and the recipient are looking for.
- Money transfer services. Money transfer services can be one of the most cost-effective choices, with delivery options including both bank transfers and mobile money, and highly competitive exchange rates.
- Cash transfers. This can be a quick option if you need to send money in a hurry, but it does come at a higher cost.
- Banks. Bank transfers are reliable, but can also be slow and expensive compared to other options. The recipient will also need to have a bank account.
Let’s crunch the numbers: Sending $5,000 to Congo-Brazzaville
The table below shows an example of how much it costs to send a money transfer to Congo-Brazzaville with two different services. You can see the difference between options and how much you can save on a transfer by comparing carefully.
|Cash transfer service||Online money transfer service|
|Exchange rate||1.00 HKD = 76.0210 XAF||1.00 HKD = 76.54479 XAF|
|Transfer speed||Within minutes||2 working days|
|Total CFA francs received||377,824.46 XAF||380,810.33 XAF|
|Overall||2,986 XAF less||2,986 XAF more|
By choosing one money transfer service over the other your recipient can get around 2,986 XAF (about $38.19 HKD) more in Congo, thanks to lower fees and more favourable rates.
The downside is that, in this case, the transfer would take longer.
What’s the fastest way to send money to Congo-Brazzaville?
The fastest way to send money to the Republic of Congo will typically be cash transfers or mobile money services.
The advantage of mobile money over cash pick-ups is that they can be immediately sent to someone anywhere in the country, rather than requiring the recipient to go to a pick-up location. The downside is that the recipient will need to have a mobile money account with a participating provider.
Emergency cash transfer
Services such as WorldRemit, MoneyGram or Western Union can let you send emergency cash transfers to the Republic of Congo for pick-up in locations around the country. However, the recipient will need to travel to the pick-up location and the agent’s store will need to be open at the time, which might delay pick-up.
For instant 24-hour delivery anywhere in the Republic of Congo, a mobile money transfer might be more suitable. Note that your payment method can also affect transfer speeds. For an immediate transaction, you may have to pay the money transfer service with cash or card instead of a bank transfer.
How to send money to Congo-Brazzaville without a bank account
If you don’t have a bank account you can still use a money transfer service with agent locations near you, to pay with cash.
If the recipient doesn’t have a bank account, you can still send money to them for cash pick-up, or with a mobile money service.
Documentation you’ll need to send money to Congo-Brazzaville
There are several different types of documentation and information you’ll typically be required to provide when sending money overseas.
- Personal identification. You will need to provide some personal details, such as your name and address, and may need to present supporting identification such as a driver’s licence or passport.
- Recipient information. Transfer services will also typically require you to provide information on the recipient. You will naturally need to provide details such as their mobile number for a mobile money transfer, or bank details for a bank account transfer, but may also need to give their name and other information.
- Transfer details. You will need to give some details about the transfer. The desired currencies and amount will be required, but some services might also ask you to provide a reason for the money transfer and other details.
What to compare to get the best deal
Cost is one of the main factors to look at when comparing money transfer services, but it’s composed of both the fees and the exchange rate, so you’ll have to look at both. And beyond cost, other factors can be just as important.
Factors to consider when comparing money transfer services include:
- Fees. This is how much the transfer service charges in straightforward fees.
- Exchange rates. This is how much of one currency you get in exchange for another. This can be even more important than the fees.
- Transfer speed. How long will the transfer take?
- Payment options. Make sure you have suitable payment options. If you’re looking to pay with cash, for example, you will need to find a provider that supports this.
- Delivery methods. How does the recipient want to get the money? This can also affect the transfer speed.
- Customer service. Make sure your money transfer service has a suitable customer service presence in case something goes wrong.
Foreign exchange rates explained
The exchange rate refers to what one country’s currency is worth in another currency. In this case, it’s how much Central African CFA franc you get from one Hong Kong dollar. If you want to get the best value for money, make your transfer when the HKD is strong compared to the XAF.
More guides on Finder
Send money to Democratic Republic of the Congo
Compare options for sending money to the Congo DRC.
How to send money to Haiti
Learn how to find the best value when sending money to Haiti, including how to compare fees, exchange rates and transfer speeds.
Send money to China
How to send money to China from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Egypt
Due to its exotic nature, it will be difficult to find an agency or bank that is able to convert Hong Kong currency into Egyptian Pounds. The US dollar and other major currencies are widely accepted in Egypt though, giving you the opportunity to send remittances to Egypt from Hong Kong without delay.
Send money to India
How to send money to India from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Bangladesh
Compare your options when you transfer money internationally to Bangladesh.
Send money to Botswana
Learn how to send money to Botswana, located on the African continent; a place where there is plenty of growth potential for businesses, investors and commodity-based resources.
How to send money to Denmark
How to send money to Denmark from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Send money to Costa Rica
Compare the services of different money transfer providers to find the most affordable way to send money to Costa Rica.