Headquartered in Singapore, this online trading platform is now available in Hong Kong.
Long Bridge HK Limited is founded by top FinTech experts in March 2019. It is a next-generation online brokerage service provider.
What does Longbridge do?
It is an online brokerage service provider that provides a trading platform. One of the selling points of Longbridge is it processes complex products’ data and simplifies it into easy-to-read graphs. It also tries to make professional analytical terms interesting so that anyone can learn to invest. In addition, it prides itself as a “social-driven online brokerage”. Its app offers live chat and social network, allowing customers to exchange investment information.
What products/tools does Longbridge support?
|Products/Tools||Supported by Longbridge|
Features of Longbridge
- Easy account opening: Fill in the mobile phone number on the website, and user can easily open an account within 1 minute.
- Express deposit: Around the clock deposit withdrawal with eDDA, FPS and other methods
- Margin service: Open margin account with 2.5-times leverage. Get more flexibility with margin financing support on Hong Kong stock IPOs (Support up to a maximum of 33 times).
- Stocks from several markets available: You may trade, HK stock, US stock and US Options over the platform. Tradeable products over 32,000.
- Longbridge Community: Longbridge provides a finance social platform “Longbridge Community”.
- Analytic tools: Easy-to-use visualisation tools offering powerful analytics, across financial fundamentals, money flow, in-depth stock screening
- 24-hour customer service: 24-hour customer service on trading days, one-to-one support from a personal account manager
- Mobile and desktop: Users can download their mobile app and start investing. It also has a traditional web portal.
- Pioneering and unique fundamental trading modules “Overview”: A comprehensive and graphic investment analysis tool that includes 9 modules: Company Encyclopaedia, Analyst Ratings, Investment Style, Supply Chain, Business Review, Finance Rating, Industry Data, Opinion Chart, and Valuation Analysis. This feature provides a complete logical reference for the novice investors, while providing a complete and detailed analytical tool for investors of other levels.
The mobile app offers “overview” mode. It features trend, comprehensive analysis by analysists and more.
Users can view charts in different preferred style, such as candlestick charts. They can also see live comments made by other “BRIDGErs”.
Source of image: Longbridge official website
Is Longbridge safe?
Longbridge HK Limited is regulated and licensed by The Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong, with Type 1, 4 and 9 regulated activities (CE number: BPX066).
Investors are covered by Investor Compensation Fund by Investor Compensation Company Limited (owned by HKSFC)* who suffer pecuniary losses as a result of default of a licensed intermediary or authorised financial institution in relation to exchange-traded products in Hong Kong. The upper limit of the compensation is HK$500,000.
As for data storage, Longbridge uses AWS cloud service* so its data is protected and secured to a certain extent. For example, all data flowing across the AWS global network that interconnects AWS’s datacenters and regions is automatically encrypted at the physical layer before it leaves their secured facilities.
*Source: Longbridge Facebook page (official)
For the regular plan, the structure is:
Commission + Platform Fee (payee: Longbridge).
Also please pay attention that you may also need to pay “Pass Through Fees” depending on the products/markets (e.g. HKEX also charges a Platform Fee, a Trading fee etc).
- Hong Kong stock trading: 0.03% commission per order * transaction amount. Platform fee comprises a fixed fee + a tiered fee.
- *US stock trading: 0.0049 per order with a minimum commission of US$0.99 per order. Platform fee comprises a fixed fee + a tiered fee.
- Free: withdraw funds, deposit funds, transfer-in stocks.
*Opening an account during the promotion period, new users can enjoy commission-free trading in HK and US stocks for life. (Terms and conditions apply)
How to open an account?
If you decide to open an account, please click the green button of “Go to Site” at the top of the page and you will be re-directed to Longbridge’s website. Then fill in the basic information.
After filling in your mobile phone number and verifying it via SMS code, you will need to fill in the basic information and upload your HKID card (front and back) and proof of residential address. Finally, it is necessary to transfer at least HK$10,000/US$1,500 or send a cheque. This is to verify the user’s identity.
After successful verification, the account approval is expected to be granted within 1-2 working days.
Pros & Cons
- “Newbie friendly” – The handy app offers easy-to-use interface, rich information and analysis, plus the exclusive “overview” feature offers comprehensive analysis of listed companies.
- The social platform – Users can exchange trading information and ideas. It gives users a different investment experience.
- Fast and simple registration – Account opening and identity verification can be done online
- Lots of available products – Tradeable products on the app are more than 32,000.
- Backed by major companies – The company is backed by and received strategical investment from numerous credible institutions such as Singapore-based PhillipCapital.
- Numerous member perks – Upon one US stock trade every month, users can get free US market quotes. Other offers include high margin multiples for daily popular stocks and low interest rates. Lifetime commission-free for HK and US stocks trading etc.
- Lightning order placement – The average order placement speed in the system is 28 milliseconds, and the fastest can be 10 milliseconds.
- Portfolio limitation – No hot products like crypto or FOREX. Offers mainly stock trading.
- A young company – It’s a rather new company. It obtained SFC’s licences only on 01 December 2020.
Compare Share Trading Platforms in Hong Kong
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.