How to send money to Sweden
Find the lowest fees and best exchange rates so you can send money to Sweden without breaking the bank.
If you need to get money to someone in Sweden, take your time to search for the best exchange rates and the lowest fees. By doing this, you could get more krona to your recipient and save some money for yourself. And since there are plenty of options out there, you have the ability to make a choice that gets you the best deal.
Compare international money transfers to Sweden
Banks versus money transfer companies
Despite only being used in Sweden, the krona is one of the top traded currencies in the world. This means your bank will likely be able to make a money transfer to Sweden, but at what cost? Banks are known for their high fees, slow processing times and poor exchange rates. If you want to get a good deal, a bank might not be your best choice.
Instead, a money transfer company may prove to be a better option. With a number of companies offering low fees, quick transfers and good exchange rates, you have a lot to choose from. If you aren’t familiar with them, it’s certainly an option you should look into.
How to compare transfer companies when sending money to Sweden
- Exchange rates. When comparing exchange rates between companies, see which one gets closest to market value. The closer it is, the better deal you’re getting.
- Fees. The amount you’ll pay per transfer depends on a few different factors, so compare the fees between different companies and your bank to see which keeps your costs low.
- Transfer methods. Companies offer one or more of the following methods: online transfers, phone transfers, in-branch transfers and mobile app transfers.
- Turnaround time. Compare transaction processing times and see which companies send quicker transfers without charging higher fees.
- Minimum transfers. Check the fine print to see if any minimum transfer limits apply. If you only need to send a small amount, you don’t want to have to pay a big fee because of it.
- Pickup methods. Will your recipient be able to visit a transfer branch and collect the cash you send or will the money be sent straight to their bank account? Choose the option your recipient prefers.
Foreign exchange rates explainedExchange rate is used to determine how much one currency is worth when traded for another currency. A strong currency will yield more when it’s exchanged for a weak currency, which gives the Hong Kong dollar an edge. But since most exchange rates are flexible, the exact number can change from moment to moment.
How to send money to Sweden
Every money transfer service will be different, but in general, you can follow these steps to keep the process quick and easy.
- Choose a provider from the table above.
- Click Go to site to create an account.
- Start a transfer and enter information about your recipient.
- Select the amount you want to send, pay for your transfer and save your tracking number.
Same-day cash transfers to Sweden
There are a few services that offer same-day transfers to Sweden. Some even keep fees low and exchange rates near market value, which saves you money and gets your recipient more cash. However, you’ll need to keep an eye out — not every service comes cheap, so compare your options carefully and choose one that won’t break the bank.
Tips for picking up cash in Sweden
If you or a recipient is picking up cash, follow these steps to help minimize the risk of theft.
- Don’t pick up cash if you don’t feel safe or if you aren’t at an authorized agent location.
- Don’t let any strangers see that you have a large sum of money.
- Don’t carry the cash on your person for any longer than you need to.
- Deposit the money with your bank or in a secure hotel safe as soon as possible.
Money transfers to Sweden are common. This means you have plenty of options, and since you have plenty of options, you’ll need to be on the lookout for a good deal. Carefully consider each money transfer service and read our guide on the process to keep your research quick so you can get your recipient the money they need.
Read more on this topic
Hong Kong remittance statistics Hong Kong sent $17.121 billion (USD) in remittances in 2017, while it received significantly less, at just $430 million. So where is it going? Finder unpacks World Bank data to find out.
Finder's Starbucks Index Ever wondered how much a Starbucks tall latte costs around the world? And what does that say about the value of currency? Finder's Starbucks Index 2019 delves into the data to find out.
Send money to China How to send money to China from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Egypt Due to its exotic nature, it will be difficult to find an agency or bank that is able to convert Hong Kong currency into Egyptian Pounds. The US dollar and other major currencies are widely accepted in Egypt though, giving you the opportunity to send remittances to Egypt from Hong Kong without delay.
How to send money to Bangladesh Compare your options when you transfer money internationally to Bangladesh.
How to send money to Gambia How to send money to Gambia from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Send money to Botswana Learn how to send money to Botswana, located on the African continent; a place where there is plenty of growth potential for businesses, investors and commodity-based resources.
How to send money to Oman How to send money to Oman from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Burundi Coffee exports is not the only transactional relationship to be had with the small landlocked country of Burundi in the middle of Africa, it can also receive money from Hong Kong.
How to send money to Slovenia How to send money to Slovenia from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Ask an Expert