Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Send money to Pakistan
Here's how to send a quick, affordable and secure money transfer to Pakistan.
If you need to send money to Pakistan, whether for business or personal reasons, there are a couple of international money transfer providers (other than your bank) that can carry out a transfer.
The transfer fee, exchange rate, collection options and other options vary between providers. We compare the different services you can use to send money to Pakistan below.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Have a TorFX currency expert contact you for free
Sending money to Pakistan? How to compare money transfer companies
Compare different quotes to send money to Pakistan by these features.
- The exchange rate. Which companies let you send money to Pakistan and at what rate? If you are a rate hunter, there are companies that offer a best-rate guarantee.
- The transfer time. How quickly do you need to send money to Pakistan? The way you pay and how the money is to be collected determine the transfer time. Cash collection can be ready in minutes, whereas bank account deposits can take a couple of days.
- The transfer fee. The cost of the transfer. International money transfer companies charge a fee for their service. Some providers waive the transfer fee for transactions over a specific amount, while others offer first transfer deals.
- Payment method. How do you want to pay for your transaction? In-person cash payments, debit and credit card payments clear almost instantly. Transfers initiated via a bank transfer can add a couple of business days to transfer.
- Collection method. Will the payee collect cash or do you want to send the money to a bank account in Pakistan? While all providers will let you deposit funds in a Pakistani bank account, not all let you send a cash payment.
- Different services. Most providers offer spot transfers (on the spot international payments); however, not all companies let you book a forward contract, limit orders or make recurring payments.
- Limits. If you want to send less, ensure you to check out the provider’s transfer limits.
- Customer service. Does the money transfer company have a local Hong Kong office you can call if you have a question about sending money to Pakistan?
You can send money to Pakistan using the international payment services of your bank or you can sign up for a free account with one of the other providers we compare on this page.
Bank account transfer
You can request your bank to send money to Pakistan via international telegraphic transfer. To do so, you will need to provide:
- The recipient’s bank branch and name
- Their SWIFT code
- Bank account number and name
- The recipient’s address.
Overseas money transfer company
These companies can send money to a Pakistani bank account.
- TransferWise. Send money to Pakistan by bank account deposit or pay with your card. TransferWise is a peer-to-peer service that exchanges HKD to PKR to at the P2P market rate.
International cash payment companies
Providers such as Western Union or WorldRemit can send cash to collect in minutes, as well as deposit funds into the recipient’s bank account.
- WorldRemit. WorldRemit offers bank account deposit and instant cash international transfer service. WorldRemit cash transfers can be collected at branches of the Pakistani bank Allied Bank Limited.
- Western Union. Western Union have cash collection agents throughout Pakistan. They can send a cash payment that can be collected in minutes.
- MoneyGram. MoneyGram are partnered with Pakistani banks and exchange offices and money can be delivered to one of these agents in minutes.
You can find key information about how to receive a payment from Pakistan below.
Bank account deposit
To receive money from Pakistan into your bank account, make sure you provide the sender with the following information:
- Full account name
- Full account number
- Your bank’s name
- The bank’s SWIFT code.
- Your IBAN, BSB or sort code (if required).
To receive a payment via PayPal, give the sender your email address or phone number so they can deposit funds into your PayPal account. You will need to transfer to the money to a linked bank account to access the cash.
If you are collecting a cash payment from Pakistan, you will need to show photo identification, as well as the transaction reference number or unique password.
Consider these options for sending emergency funds to Pakistan in a hurry.
- International cash payment company. Use the services of an international cash payment company, like Western Union or MoneyGram to send cash to Pakistan in minutes. These companies charge can charge a hefty transfer fee for this speedy service.
- Card scheme emergency assist. If you lose your credit or debit card, card schemes such as Visa or MasterCard can issue the funds into your account as cash. This feature is designed to help cardholders in an emergency while a replacement card is issued.
- Travel insurance. Your travel insurance policy may include an emergency cash benefit for specific circumstances. Consult the policy product disclosure statement for information about access to emergency cash for covered events.
Western Union/MoneyGram branches in Pakistan
This is a snapshot of different Western Union and MoneyGram agents in Pakistan’s four biggest cities. Western Union and MoneyGram are predominantly partnered with Pakistani banks.
- AL WASI ENTERPRISES
Shop 2 Shumail Terrace Main Ro, Garden East Quarters Opposite S, Karachi, Sindh, 74400+0092-021-2237909
Open Monday to Sunday, 8:30am–8pm
- JS Bank Urdu Bazar
R.b Quarters, Asan Mal Ojha Road, Off Robson Road, Urdu Bazar, Karachi Sind, 74200+92-21-111570265
Open Monday to Saturday, 9am–5:30pm
- AA Exchange Company PVT LTD
Shop No. 15, P-16, Ground Floor Market, Sosan Road, Madina Tow, Faisalabad, Punjab +92 0413 472529
Open Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm; Saturday 9am–1:30pm
- GC UNIVERSITY FAISALABAD BRANCH
Govt. College University, Fais, Faisalabad 00000 +92-41-9200835
Open Monday to Saturday, 9am–6pm
- Tameer Bank
Main Ferozepur Road opposite UBL branch, Lahore.
Open Monday to Thursday, 8:30am–5pm; Friday to Sunday, 12pm–11:59pm
- MCB Bank Limited
New Alamgir Market, Lahore.
Open Monday to Friday, 8am–1:45pm; Saturday, 10am–1pm
- Soneri Bank
Ground Floor CA, Rawalpindi.
Open Monday to Saturday, 8am–6pm
- Sky Exchange Company
Office 20, First Floor Mall Plaza, The Mall, Rawalpindi
Open Monday to Saturday, 8:30am–9pm; Sunday, 8am–6pm
The government advises travellers to stay away from the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of Pakistan, as well as the Pakistani-Indian border.
Avoid travelling at night time and always carry identification in case you are stopped by the police. If you are concerned about picking up cash, speak to your hotel to arrange an escort and make sure you have a safe place to store the cash once collected. Call the merchant before you collect the money to make sure they have enough cash, if you are collecting a large amount.
Depending on your chosen money transfer company, follow these steps to send money to Pakistan.
From your bank
Log on to your Internet banking facility to send money via your bank. If this is your first payment, you will need to create an international beneficiary first. Enter the recipient’s details such as their bank account and personal details. The receiving bank may charge fees as well as your local bank. You can elect to have these fees deducted from the total amount sent to the payee or you can pay these fees upfront.
Using a money transfer company
You will need to create a free account to use the services of the companies we have mentioned on this page. This can be completed in a couple of minutes. Provide the following information about yourself to register for an account.
- Your personal details
- Contact details
- Your address
- Photo identification. You may need to send a copy of your passport or licence to verify your identity.
Once you have paid for your transfer, you will be issued with a tracking number which can be used to check on your status of your money transfer to Pakistan.
Ask an Expert