How to send money to Morocco
International money transfers don’t have to be expensive. Here’s how you can send money to Morocco.
What are your options if you want to send money to friends or family in Morocco? Be aware that banks can charge you a lot of money to send money overseas, and transfers may take several days. Compare your money transfer options to find the best way to send money to Morocco without paying high fees or losing out on a bad exchange rate.
How to send money to Morocco
Sending money to Morocco isn’t a difficult or complicated process. Most money transfer companies follow the same steps so you can get dirhams to your recipient as quickly as possible.
- Choose a provider from the comparison table below.
- Click “Go to Site” and create an account with the provider.
- Start a transaction and fill in your recipient’s information.
- Select the amount you want to transfer.
- Pay for your transaction and save your tracking number.
Compare money transfer services to Morocco
Options for sending money to Morocco from Hong Kong
- Bank transfers. Bank-to-bank transfers can be expensive, but they are a safe and secure option.
- Online money transfer providers. Online money transfer companies tend to have lower fees and faster delivery times than banks.
- Money transfer companies with cash pick-up options. Western Union is one company that offers cash pick-up for your recipient.
- PayPal. PayPal allows you to send international money transfers almost anywhere in the world.
- Cheques. International cheques are a slow but reliable transfer method.
Banks versus money transfer companies
Banks are generally considered a secure, easy way to send money to another country. However, with the increase of money transfer companies, you have more options if you’re looking to send money to Morocco. There aren’t many options yet, but those that are available may offer better exchange rates and lower fees than banks, getting your recipient more money while costing you less.
Foreign exchange rates explainedThe exchange rate between HKD and MAD determines how many dirhams you can send to Morocco per dollar. Because the Hong Kong dollar is strong against the Moroccan dirham, you can expect to get quite a few dirhams for every dollar you transfer. This rate fluctuates daily based on a number of factors, including inflation, global economic stability and interest rates.
Emergency cash transfers in Morocco
You may be able to find a transfer company that can send money quickly to Morocco, but be warned: this process is usually much more costly, and you’ll generally be offered a much lower exchange rate than market value. If your recipient can wait a day or two, you’ll both benefit by being able to take advantage of better rates and lower fees.
Tips for picking up cash in Morocco
If you’re picking up cash from a transfer agent in Morocco, follow a few simple safety precautions to prevent yourself becoming a target for thieves:
- Avoid any high-crime areas and be aware of your personal safety at all times.
- Secure your wallet and/or bag at all times.
- Don’t advertise the fact that you have a just picked up a big wad of cash to anyone.
- Consider asking a friend to accompany you when you pick up the cash.
- Deposit large amounts into your bank account – don’t carry them around the street.
Read more on this topic
Hong Kong remittance statistics Hong Kong sent $17.121 billion (USD) in remittances in 2017, while it received significantly less, at just $430 million. So where is it going? Finder unpacks World Bank data to find out.
Finder's Starbucks Index Ever wondered how much a Starbucks tall latte costs around the world? And what does that say about the value of currency? Finder's Starbucks Index 2019 delves into the data to find out.
Send money to China How to send money to China from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Egypt Due to its exotic nature, it will be difficult to find an agency or bank that is able to convert Hong Kong currency into Egyptian Pounds. The US dollar and other major currencies are widely accepted in Egypt though, giving you the opportunity to send remittances to Egypt from Hong Kong without delay.
How to send money to Bangladesh Compare your options when you transfer money internationally to Bangladesh.
How to send money to Gambia How to send money to Gambia from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Send money to Botswana Learn how to send money to Botswana, located on the African continent; a place where there is plenty of growth potential for businesses, investors and commodity-based resources.
How to send money to Oman How to send money to Oman from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Burundi Coffee exports is not the only transactional relationship to be had with the small landlocked country of Burundi in the middle of Africa, it can also receive money from Hong Kong.
How to send money to Slovenia How to send money to Slovenia from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Ask an Expert