Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Send money to Congo-Brazzaville
Compare your options to see if you can get a better deal when sending money to the Republic of Congo.
There are lots of different ways to send money to the Republic of Congo, often known as Congo-Brazzaville.
- Choose a money transfer service that sends to Congo-Brazzaville.
- Sign up for an account with your preferred service.
- Create a new money transfer order.
- Make your payment and wait for confirmation that your transfer has arrived.
Compare options for money transfers to Congo-Brazzaville
The calculator below shows different services that can send money to Congo-Brazzaville.
Simply enter your amount into the table and it will calculate the approximate fees, exchange rates and transfer time for you.
What’s the best way to send money to Congo-Brazzaville?
There are several different ways of getting money to Congo-Brazzaville. What’s best will depend on what you and the recipient are looking for.
- Money transfer services. Money transfer services can be one of the most cost-effective choices, with delivery options including both bank transfers and mobile money, and highly competitive exchange rates.
- Cash transfers. This can be a quick option if you need to send money in a hurry, but it does come at a higher cost.
- Banks. Bank transfers are reliable, but can also be slow and expensive compared to other options. The recipient will also need to have a bank account.
Let’s crunch the numbers: Sending $5,000 to Congo-Brazzaville
The table below shows an example of how much it costs to send a money transfer to Congo-Brazzaville with two different services. You can see the difference between options and how much you can save on a transfer by comparing carefully.
|Cash transfer service||Online money transfer service|
|Exchange rate||1.00 HKD = 76.0210 XAF||1.00 HKD = 76.54479 XAF|
|Transfer speed||Within minutes||2 working days|
|Total CFA francs received||377,824.46 XAF||380,810.33 XAF|
|Overall||2,986 XAF less||2,986 XAF more|
By choosing one money transfer service over the other your recipient can get around 2,986 XAF (about $38.19 HKD) more in Congo, thanks to lower fees and more favourable rates.
The downside is that, in this case, the transfer would take longer.
What’s the fastest way to send money to Congo-Brazzaville?
The fastest way to send money to the Republic of Congo will typically be cash transfers or mobile money services.
The advantage of mobile money over cash pick-ups is that they can be immediately sent to someone anywhere in the country, rather than requiring the recipient to go to a pick-up location. The downside is that the recipient will need to have a mobile money account with a participating provider.
Emergency cash transfer
Services such as WorldRemit, MoneyGram or Western Union can let you send emergency cash transfers to the Republic of Congo for pick-up in locations around the country. However, the recipient will need to travel to the pick-up location and the agent’s store will need to be open at the time, which might delay pick-up.
For instant 24-hour delivery anywhere in the Republic of Congo, a mobile money transfer might be more suitable. Note that your payment method can also affect transfer speeds. For an immediate transaction, you may have to pay the money transfer service with cash or card instead of a bank transfer.
How to send money to Congo-Brazzaville without a bank account
If you don’t have a bank account you can still use a money transfer service with agent locations near you, to pay with cash.
If the recipient doesn’t have a bank account, you can still send money to them for cash pick-up, or with a mobile money service.
Documentation you’ll need to send money to Congo-Brazzaville
There are several different types of documentation and information you’ll typically be required to provide when sending money overseas.
- Personal identification. You will need to provide some personal details, such as your name and address, and may need to present supporting identification such as a driver’s licence or passport.
- Recipient information. Transfer services will also typically require you to provide information on the recipient. You will naturally need to provide details such as their mobile number for a mobile money transfer, or bank details for a bank account transfer, but may also need to give their name and other information.
- Transfer details. You will need to give some details about the transfer. The desired currencies and amount will be required, but some services might also ask you to provide a reason for the money transfer and other details.
What to compare to get the best deal
Cost is one of the main factors to look at when comparing money transfer services, but it’s composed of both the fees and the exchange rate, so you’ll have to look at both. And beyond cost, other factors can be just as important.
Factors to consider when comparing money transfer services include:
- Fees. This is how much the transfer service charges in straightforward fees.
- Exchange rates. This is how much of one currency you get in exchange for another. This can be even more important than the fees.
- Transfer speed. How long will the transfer take?
- Payment options. Make sure you have suitable payment options. If you’re looking to pay with cash, for example, you will need to find a provider that supports this.
- Delivery methods. How does the recipient want to get the money? This can also affect the transfer speed.
- Customer service. Make sure your money transfer service has a suitable customer service presence in case something goes wrong.
Foreign exchange rates explained
The exchange rate refers to what one country’s currency is worth in another currency. In this case, it’s how much Central African CFA franc you get from one Hong Kong dollar. If you want to get the best value for money, make your transfer when the HKD is strong compared to the XAF.
More guides on Finder
Top 8 domain and web hosting sites 2021
Whether you’re starting up your own business, expanding your growing company or sharing your ideas on a blog, these are the web hosting sites to use.
Banggood discount codes and coupons March 2021 | Get US$20 coupon and a gift for free
Banggood provides everything you need in the way of tech, homewares, fashion, toys and more. Get everything here at a discount.
Where to buy dresses online for tall women
With our list of retailers providing clothing designed for tall ladies, you will easily find dresses that are super-flattering.
How to buy Power Ledger (POWR)
If you want to know how to buy Power Ledger (POWR) tokens using either HKD or cryptocurrency, you’ll find the help you need in this comprehensive guide.
What is BitShares (BTS)?
BitShares offers a blockchain solution to the problem of centralised exchange services.
What is Bytecoin (BCN)?
Bytecoin has grown to become a truly anonymous alternative to bitcoin.
Get bitcoin with a credit card at xCoins – March 2021 review
xCoins connects borrowers and lenders of bitcoin through an instant peer-to-peer lending platform.
LocalMonero cryptocurrency exchange – March 2021 review
LocalMonero is a global peer-to-peer marketplace where users can buy and sell Monero (XMR) using their local currency. Find out how the platform works in this detailed guide.
The difference between cryptocurrency coins and tokens
What’s the difference between cryptocurrency coins and tokens? Find out in this handy guide.
How to sell bitcoin
Find out where to sell bitcoin, how to set your prices and pick up tips to help you get a better price.