How to send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina
Take advantage of low fees and competitive exchange rates when sending money to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Despite periods of instability in the region, Bosnia and Herzegovina continues efforts to maintain peace within its borders since the end of the Bosnian War. The country is a member of several international organisations promoting peace and is currently transitioning from a centrally planned economy to a market economy.
Compare Money Transfer Services
How do I compare transfer companies when transferring and receiving money via Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Here’s how to make sure you get the best value for your Hong Kong dollars when sending money to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Exchange rates. Some services offer quicker delivery for a higher fee, while others offer low or zero fees but with a longer delivery delay. The idea is to find the combination that helps you save on transfer fees and guarantees the best exchange rate.
- Pick-up methods. Money can be deposited directly into the recipient’s account or the recipient can collect the funds in person at a designated pick-up point.
- Fees. Some services charge a transfer fee as well as a fee to convert your dollars into the local currency. Keep in mind that transfers to Bosnia and Herzegovina are expensive.
- Same-bank transfers. Transferring between accounts held at the same bank usually don’t incur any fees.
- Turnaround time. Transfer time differs from service to service, but most guarantee delivery within two to three business days.
- Transfer methods. Most services facilitate transfers online, via telephone or in person at a branch.
- Transfer options. Depending on the service, you can have your account set up to make regular payments to your recipients or market orders for investments.
- Minimum transfer amounts. Most money transfer services usually have a minimum amount you can send.
- Customer service. A good, reliable customer service department is essential. If you can’t get the information you need from the reference or tracking number, customer service should be able to answer your questions.
How do I send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Hong Kong?
Not all money transfer companies and banks allow transfers to Bosnia and Herzegovina. Your best bet would be an international wire service like Western Union. Here are a few alternatives to consider.
- Ria Financial. This is a transfer service that will send money to your recipient online in minutes, but for a relatively high fee.
- WorldRemit. This online transfer service facilitates bank transfers between Hong Kong and Bosnia and Herzegovina for a small fee.
How do I receive money from Bosnia and Herzegovina in Hong Kong?
If you need to send money to Hong Kong from Bosnia and Herzegovina, the best option is a money transfer service like MoneyGram or WorldRemit instead of a bank. Try one of the following online transfer services:
- WorldRemit. This service offers quick, cheap transfers between Bosnia and Herzegovina and Hong Kong. You can finalise the transaction online or over the phone.
- Western Union. One of the most popular and widely available online transfer services, Western Union is one of the few transfer companies with pick-up locations in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Emergency cash transfers in Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you suffer a financial emergency while in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the quickest way to access funds is via online money transfer. Here’s how you could have money delivered in an emergency:
- Transfer service with pick-up locations. One way to quickly access money is through an online transfer companies like MoneyGram or Western Union.
- Travel insurance. Depending on the type of emergency and whether or not you’re eligible for cover, you can make a claim on your travel insurance policy.
Cash pick-up locations in Bosnia and Herzegovina/ Western Union / MoneyGram branches in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Western Union and MoneyGram are among the few that offer pick-up services in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Here are a few to keep in mind.
- Istocno Sarajevo
Stefana Nemanje Bb Istocno Sarajevo,
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm
- Pavlovic International Bank
Nikole Tesle Bb Istocno Sarajevo 71123
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm, Saturday 8am to 12pm
- Poste Srpske
Kralja Petra I Karadjordjevica
Banja Luka, 78101
+387 051 211080
Open 7am to 8pm, Saturday 7am to 6pm
- Unicredit Bank
Poslovnica 1 U Banja Luci
Veselina Maslese 10
Banja Luka 78000
+387 36 356574
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8am to 12pm
- Nova Banka
+387 33 711 330
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm
- Nova Banka
+387 33 277336
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm
- Nova Banka
Trg Republike Srpske 8
Banja Luka 78000
+387 51 329 472
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
- HVB Central Profit Banka
Veselina Maslese 10
Banja Luka 78000
+387 51 224850
Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm
Tips for picking up cash in Bosnia and Herzegovina
The influx of migrants may impact public transport systems and delays at borders. Go with your travelling partner or ask a local from your hotel to accompany you. Check the opening hours before you go so that you’re not left waiting outside.
What are the steps to send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina?
You can send money from Hong Kong to Bosnia and Herzegovina via online money transfer. MoneyGram, Western Union and WorldRemit are among the few that If you’re making a transfer for the first time, you’ll be asked to set up an account before the transfer can take place. Information required includes:
- Name and address
- Contact information
- Bank information
- Your recipient’s contact and bank information
Once you’ve requested the transfer, you’ll get a tracking number as a reference. The customer service staff will request this number should you have questions about your transaction.
Read more on this topic
Hong Kong remittance statistics Hong Kong sent $17.121 billion (USD) in remittances in 2017, while it received significantly less, at just $430 million. So where is it going? Finder unpacks World Bank data to find out.
Finder's Starbucks Index Ever wondered how much a Starbucks tall latte costs around the world? And what does that say about the value of currency? Finder's Starbucks Index 2019 delves into the data to find out.
Send money to China How to send money to China from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Egypt Due to its exotic nature, it will be difficult to find an agency or bank that is able to convert Hong Kong currency into Egyptian Pounds. The US dollar and other major currencies are widely accepted in Egypt though, giving you the opportunity to send remittances to Egypt from Hong Kong without delay.
How to send money to Bangladesh Compare your options when you transfer money internationally to Bangladesh.
How to send money to Gambia How to send money to Gambia from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Send money to Botswana Learn how to send money to Botswana, located on the African continent; a place where there is plenty of growth potential for businesses, investors and commodity-based resources.
How to send money to Oman How to send money to Oman from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Burundi Coffee exports is not the only transactional relationship to be had with the small landlocked country of Burundi in the middle of Africa, it can also receive money from Hong Kong.
How to send money to Slovenia How to send money to Slovenia from Hong Kong, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Ask an Expert