Futu Securities Review
A leading tech-driven online brokerage and wealth management platform
Futu Securities is a licensed online broker owned by Futu Holding, a NASDAQ listed company backed by Tencent Holdings. Futu Securities provides excellent user experience, advanced investment analytics tools, and professional services through a popular technology-driven online brokerage platform in Hong Kong. It has secured its market leadership by its trading volume from retail business ranked Top 3 in the market.
Futu Securities is currently offering the following limited-time promotions. From now until 5 February 2023, eligible customers who successfully open an account via Finder can get one of the below rewards and a HK$100 exclusive supermarket voucher:
|Rewards (Choose 1 from 5)||Requirements|
*Terms and conditions apply.
Remarks: For the details of the offers, please refer to Futu Securities’ official website.
What does Futu do?
Futu Securities, a subsidiary of the NASDAQ-listed Futu Holdings Limited (FUTU), is a popular online brokerage platform in Hong Kong where customers can trade with low transaction fees and access to a huge investment community, latest 24/7 financial news, real-time quotes, all-rounded data and technical analysis, etc.
What products/tools does Futu support?
|Products/Tools||Supported by Futu|
|Monthly Stock Savings Plan|
Features of Futu
- Low trading costs: No charge for custody fee. Commission-free for trading HK stocks.
- Powerful trading tools: In-depth analytic tools with low latency and high concurrence which support multimarket and languages across Omni platforms.
- Big data: Various features include brokerage position tracing, stock indicator analysis, smart stock tracking and big data applications.
- Professional Financial News and Information with Instant Updates 24/7: Global financial news and analyses of stock price fluctuations help investors closely monitor stock market trends.
- Active community: Through Futu community, investors can interact with other users and understand more about the trading practices of experienced users and learn from the experiences shared by experienced investors.
- In-depth market data: Level II Quotes for Hong Kong, US and China Connect Stocks, with in-depth market data, including real-time trading information of stocks and US stock options, with millisecond-level updates.
Is Futu safe?
Futu Securities is SFC licensed corporation (CE number: AZT137). Investors are eligible for up to HK$500,000 in compensation under the Hong Kong Investor Compensation Fund (ICF).
*Applicable to Hong Kong stocks, ETFs and Warrants
*Applicable to U.S. stocks and ETFs
*Applicable to Northbound Stock & ETF Connect
|Money Market Fund|
|HK Stock Auto-Invest Plan|
Remarks: For the details of all charges and fees, please refer to Futu Securities’ official website.
How do I sign up?
Futu supports account opening in different ways.
1. Account opening by online transfer
You need to transfer at least HK$10,000 from your own bank account in Hong Kong and complete the online account opening procedure.
2. Account opening by the witness offline
- Make an appointment online and witness offline. Make an appointment to open an account with Futu staff in a designated place
- Visit Futu Securities Hong Kong Headquarters, no reservation is required. (Futu address: Unit C1-2, 13F, United Centre, No. 95 Queensway, Admiralty, HK)
3. Account opening by Check
Fill in the completed account opening form, with a copy of the identity document, address proof (issued within 3 months) and your own signature check for at least HK$10,000 with the title: Futu Securities International (Hong Kong) Limited. and mail it to Futu.
In a nutshell
- Low cost with frequent promotions
- Commission-free for HK stock
- Range of advanced trading and analytics tools
- Listed on NASDAQ stock exchange and regulated by Hong Kong’s SFC
- Backed by Tencent strategic investment
- Rich educational resources and active community
- Popular investment products such as digital assets are not available