Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Hang Seng Credit Cards
Compare the range of credit cards on offer from Hang Seng.
You are spoilt for choice when comparing the range of cards from Hang Seng, including the opportunity to earn rewards and the chance to enjoy premium privileges.
Majority owned by one of Hong Kong’s most prominent banks, HSBC, Hang Seng offers a choice of co-branded and affinity cards. Earn discounts at your favourite stores or contribute to an educational cause of your choice.
Finder does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Types of Hang Seng credit cards
Hang Seng covers every requirement with their credit card range. Whether you prefer to maximise the cash reward on your spending or to experience luxurious travel perks you will find a Hang Seng card that fits your lifestyle.
The Hang Seng Credit Card offers you the opportunity to earn Cash Dollar Rewards on all of your card spend, with triple rewards on certain categories of spending including overseas transactions and online spending. You get additional discounts by choosing the Hang Seng Platinum Card which also includes a welcome offer. Both cards are enrolled with Mastercard Traveller Rewards where, at participating merchants, you can earn Mastercard Traveller Reward Dollars in addition to the Cash Dollars from Hang Seng.
Your Hang Seng credit card can unlock a world of unique privileges. The Hang Seng Prestige World Mastercard includes special discounts on dining, airport transfers and can even help you with claiming back tax on overseas online transactions. With an exclusive package of benefits, the Hang Seng Visa Infinite Card provides a personal concierge, a range of lifestyle and leisure benefits as well as travel protection. Both cards become with an enhanced rewards package, earning you more on your regular card spend.
Hang Seng Bank has partnered with many companies in Hong Kong to offer co-branded cards with specific perks. The enJoy Card gets you special discounts at over 2,400 retail outlets while the MUJI card comes with a special MUJI dollar welcome bonus. Alternatively, get rewarded for paying your medical insurance premiums with the Hang Seng Bupa Card.
If you are a full-time student at a tertiary institution, think about the Hang Seng MPOWER Card. Qualifying university and college students can enjoy trendy offers and entertainment perks with this credit card, and earn Cash Dollars on everyday credit card spend. At the time of writing, new applicants can choose from a range of welcome awards when they apply.
College and university affinity cards
Support your university or college of choice with an affinity card from Hang Seng. Choose from the City University of Hong Kong or the HKBU credit card, for example, and you can see your everyday card use contribute to university funding. Each card also comes with a unique set of benefits and discounts.
If you frequently travel to mainland China consider the Hang Seng Renminbi Credit Card. Every transaction made will be settled in renminbi, so you won’t be charged foreign exchange fees. You will also be enrolled in the Hang Seng credit card rewards programme so you can earn Cash Dollars as you spend.
Manage your company’s spending by getting a Hang Seng Commercial credit card for eligible employees. The Platinum Commercial Card includes protection against unauthorised use, as well as a range of travel perks. Hang Seng Bank also issues a renminbi-dominated UnionPay credit card, ideal for employees who regularly travel to mainland China.
What benefits can I get with a Hang Seng credit card?
- Earn Cash Dollars by spending on your card
Each HK$250 of spend earns you one Hang Seng Credit Card Cash Dollar which can be converted into one Hong Kong dollar each, instantly, at a range of participating outlets. You get triple points on certain categories of credit card spend and the Hang Seng CUP Credit Card even awards 11 X the usual rewards on your spending.
- Worldwide e-commerce protection
Use your Hang Seng credit card to buy online and you get free coverage of up to USD200 for non-delivery of items, items delivered incorrectly or items that are not functioning due to damage in transit.
- Spending and cash instalment offers
Turn your credit card limit into cash and pay no interest with a Hang Seng interest-free cash instalment plan, repayable over 6 to 60 months. This plan has a low monthly handling fee and is typically pre-approved with no proof of income required. The interest-free spending instalment plan works in the same way and you can even combine several transactions in a single application.
- Convenient contactless payments
With support for both Apple Pay and Android Pay you can leave your Hang Seng credit card in your wallet and simply use your phone to pay at any contactless terminal. Your credit card details are safe even if your phone is lost or stolen, and payments cannot be made without your authorisation.
- Special discounts and privileges
Every credit card comes packed with special discount offers arranged by Hang Seng for its customers. You can choose from offers of the month specific to your card or take advantage of the year-round discount offers. Premium cards such as the Visa Infinite Card from Hang Seng supplies an even wider range of discounts, benefits and perks.
How can I apply for a Hang Seng credit card?
There are many credit cards in the Hang Seng range, so take a minute to prioritise your credit card requirements. Do you want to make the most of everyday credit card rewards, or do you need the best in travel perks? Once you’ve picked the card that’s best for you click the green “Go to Site” button to complete the secure application form.
- Age. Eligible applicants over the age of 18 can apply for a Hang Seng credit card. Supplementary cards can be issued to persons between the ages of 16 and 18, as long as the principal cardholder is a parent of the supplementary cardholder.
- Residential Status. You can apply for a Hang Seng credit card only if you are a resident of Hong Kong. Foreigners resident in Hong Kong can also apply for a Hang Seng card – just supply your passport details on the application form.
- Income requirements. Most Hang Seng credit cards require a minimum income of HK$150,000.
- Other requirements. You need to hold a Hong Kong Dollar Savings Account or Integrated Account at Hang Seng Bank to apply for the enJoy Spending Card. The MPOWER Student Card is only available to tertiary students studying at a list of institutions as specified by the bank.
- Credit history. Hang Seng Bank will check your credit file to verify your payment history and your current exposure to loans including other credit cards.
Necessary documents and information
- Proof of identification. Include a copy of your Hong Kong ID card with your application, or a copy of your travel documents, such as a passport, if you don’t hold a Hong Kong ID card.
- Proof of income. In addition to full details of your income, you’ll also be required to upload proof of your salary or evidence of your claimed income level. Proof includes bank statements showing the income amount, a payroll advice, proof of assets such as a time deposit or your latest Hang Seng MPF record, if you are a customer.
- Proof of address. Both the principal applicant and the individuals for whom you’re requesting supplementary cards need to supply proof of their respective permanent addresses. You can upload a document such as a utility bill or a bank statement.
- Other documents. For some cards, applicants need to supply additional documentation, including tertiary students who need to submit proof of their enrolment, such as a student ID card.
Hong Kong residents have many credit card providers to choose from and you should also compare the Hang Seng cards with the cards on offer from other providers before you proceed with an application.
What supporting documents and information will I need?
Hang Seng Bank allows existing customers to apply by means of an expedited process on the bank’s e-Banking portal. If you’re a new customer expect to supply full details of your occupation and income, your address and your personal identification.
Frequently asked questions about Hang Seng credit cards
More guides on Finder
The top sites to buy shea butter online 2021
Shea butter is packed with ingredients that nourish and soften the skin. Get brand name and natural products from these stores.
Neat Business review
Learn how Neat works in Hong Kong and what your business stand to gain with their e-payments platform.
The top 8 sites to buy men’s hats online
Check out these online retailers first next time you’re on a mission to find the perfect hat.
Harrods discount codes and coupons April 2021
Get the best brands at Harrods and save with our discount codes.
The top 8 sites to buy men’s shorts online 2021
Good quality shorts are a must for any guy’s summer wardrobe. You can wear the right pair to work or as smart casual wear.
The top 8 sites to buy men’s loafers online 2021
When it comes to loafers, these retailers have you covered, and with one of our coupons you can score a discount.
MISHA promo codes April 2021 | Get 70% off instantly
For impeccably tailored clothing that is high end and high quality, browse through MISHA’s range today. Being featured in world-renowned fashion shows and worn by supermodels, MISHA provides clothing that exudes luxury without the designer price tag.
The top stores to shop for festival clothes 2021
Shop on-trend clothing that is perfect for festivals. Look sophisticated, stay comfortable.
Where to buy jewelry online in Hong Kong 2021
Check out these leading online retailers next time you’re on the hunt for an on-trend piece of jewelry and save with one of our promo codes.
The top sites to buy men’s and women’s blazers online 2021
A smart blazer can be worn as casual or as dressy as you like. Enhance your look with the latest blazers from these stores.