Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
DBS Credit Cards
Earn cash rebates as you spend and enjoy premium travel benefits with the unique range of cards on offer from DBS.
DBS Bank in Hong Kong issues a range of cards across three major card transaction networks, offering leading levels of cash rebate on your spend and a good choice of travel perks.
Compare the credit cards available from DBS Bank and choose the credit card product that best meets your individual requirements.
Finder does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Types of DBS credit cards
The credit card range from DBS focuses on offering a return on your daily credit card spend, while some DBS credit cards target frequent travellers by offering a range of benefits including discounted hotel bookings.
Cash rebate cards
You can be rewarded for everyday purchases by applying for a DBS credit card. The DBS Eminent Platinum Visa Card offers 1% back on all local spend and 2% back on all overseas spend, at the time of writing. Alternatively, choose the DBS Credit Card which offers 3 times the usual DBS$ back on local dining.
Get the DBS Eminent Visa Platinum Card or the DBS Eminent Visa Signature Card and get additional rewards on your local card spend, while also qualifying for travel privileges and offers on dining and movie tickets.
Apply for the DBS Black World Mastercard and get a solid range of travel benefits. At the time of writing the DBS Black World Mastercard comes with a sign-up bonus, as well as a range of perks for frequent travellers such as discounted airport transfers and Mastercard Traveller Rewards which can get you 5% back on certain transactions.
American Express cards
Take advantage of the higher reward earnings rates on the American Express network with DBS. The Black American Express Card earns you one mile for every six Hong Kong dollars of spending locally and more when you are travelling. You also get access to American Express Selects and a collection of travel benefits.
Enjoy exclusive discounts at Hong Kong businesses thanks to co-branded DBS cards. You can automatically pay your Manulife or CABLE Power monthly payment with your co-branded DBS card and continue to earn as you spend. Or, get exclusive discounts at First Edible Nest or Extravaganza & Porter International by applying for the specific DBS card.
A convenient way to manage your corporate spending, a DBS Visa Business card allows you to track the spending of each cardholder. You can view monthly and quarterly reports which are sorted according to the country in which transactions were made as well as the category of spending. DBS also offers a liability waiver protection policy to protect you against eligible losses if an employee misuses a company credit card.
What benefits can I get with a DBS credit card?
- Rewards on your everyday card use
Earn DBS$ just by spending on your card. You can choose a cash rebate scheme, where every DBS$ you earn is converted into a HK$1 rebate on your statement. Alternatively, use the DBS$ redemption scheme at DBS Omni and redeem your earnings for items in the eShop or in exchange for Asia Miles.
- Special offers from DBS partners
Your DBS credit card entitles you to special offers at a range of retailers, even more so if you apply for a co-branded DBS credit card. From discounted daily Wi-Fi access through to accelerated DBS$ earnings rates, a DBS credit card unlocks a wealth of benefits.
- Easy payments with your mobile phone
DBS supports all the common mobile phone payment technologies including Apple Pay and Android Pay. Simply add your DBS credit card to your mobile phone for easy, convenient payments without taking your credit card out of your wallet.
- A low-interest loan on your credit card
Get express online approval for a loan from your DBS credit card, including a preferential monthly interest rate. You can repay your loan in anything from 6 to 60 months, or opt for the Flexi Cash service which allows you to repay the monthly minimum amount required by your credit card agreement, although you will be charged a higher interest rate.
- Fraud protection
Report any fraudulent transactions on your DBS card within 60 days to qualify for a full refund of the transaction and all associated costs and charges. A DBS staff member will investigate the transactions and ensure you are not charged for any transactions you did not personally authorise.
How can I apply for a DBS credit card?
Decide which credit card features are important for you. You might benefit most from accelerated cash rebates or find that a solid set of travel benefits have more value. Perhaps one of the DBS co-branded cards is the best choice. Refer to the green “Go to Site” button and start the application process for the DBS card of your choice.
- Age. DBS Bank requires that applicants be at least 18-years-of-age when applying. Any supplementary cardholders also need to be over 18-years-of-age.
- Residential status. Only residents of Hong Kong can apply for a DBS credit card, but the bank doesn’t require you to be a Hong Kong citizen.
- Income requirements. The card product you select will determine the minimum income requirement. For example, the DBS Eminent Visa Platinum card minimum income requirement is HK$150,000, while the Signature edition of the card requires a minimum income of HK$360,000. Students at tertiary institutions such as universities can apply for certain cards without meeting income requirements.
- Credit history. All banks will evaluate your credit profile before granting you credit. DBS will consider your current exposure to debt and whether you have kept to credit agreements in the past.
Necessary documents and information
- Proof of identification. When you’ve completed the application form you will need to upload proof of your Hong Kong ID via the Online Document Submission centre.
- Proof of income. Employees with regular incomes need to supply a payslip or bank statements for the past three months. You’ll be required to supply additional information if your income is not fixed, and self-employed applicants will need to supply evidence of their business registration as well as a Profits Tax Demand Note and three month’s bank statements. If you’re not employed you will be required to upload an Investment Statement or Fixed Deposit Advice.
- Tertiary education students. If you’re studying at a tertiary institution such as a university, you can apply for a credit card if you have a valid student card.
- Confirmation of current address. DBS will require proof of your place of residence. This includes a utility bill or bank statement issued in the last two months.
You have a lot of good credit card options at DBS. Compare your DBS card of choice against similar cards from other providers and apply for the credit card which matches your personal needs the closest.
Frequently asked questions about DBS credit cards
More guides on Finder
Neat Business review
Learn how Neat works in Hong Kong and what your business stand to gain with their e-payments platform.
MISHA promo codes April 2021 | Get 70% off instantly
For impeccably tailored clothing that is high end and high quality, browse through MISHA’s range today. Being featured in world-renowned fashion shows and worn by supermodels, MISHA provides clothing that exudes luxury without the designer price tag.
CurrencyFair international money transfers
Check out our comprehensive review of CurrencyFair international money transfers, including fees, exchange rates, security and transfer times.
Sneakersnstuff discount codes and coupons April 2021 | FREE shipping on orders over $250
Get your kicks on with on-trend sneakers from Sneakersnstuff. There are all the best brands like adidas, Converse, Nike and Vans.
Rakuten Kobo discount codes and coupons April 2021 | FREE eBooks
Cut costs on your next page-turner at Rakuten Kobo with one of our discount codes.
Belle & Bloom discount codes and coupons April 2021: FREE shipping on orders over AUD$100
Cut costs on feisty, feminine fashion at Belle & Bloom with one of our discount codes.
Microsoft discount codes and coupons April 2021: 92% off Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Microsoft offers top quality PC, laptops, Surface Pro range and Xbox as well as Windows 10, Office 365 and a huge range of software. Save with great coupons and discount offers!
How to buy Power Ledger (POWR)
If you want to know how to buy Power Ledger (POWR) tokens using either HKD or cryptocurrency, you’ll find the help you need in this comprehensive guide.
What is Siacoin? Understanding the Sia platform
Delivering the power of the blockchain to cloud hosting, Sia is a peer-to-peer solution for data storage.
IDEX cryptocurrency exchange review
If you’re looking for a secure, decentralised exchange where you can trade a huge range of Ethereum ERC20 tokens, check out our review of IDEX.