Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Citi Credit Cards
Enjoy attractive cashback rates and savings as you spend on dining and shopping with a Citi Credit Card.
If you’re in the market for a Citi credit card, you could benefit from a range of rewards while you spend. Citi is a name you can trust: it’s a long-established player in the credit card market, with a global banking presence that serves customers across the globe.
Read on to compare the top Citi credit cards available to Hong Kong residents.
Compare Citi credit cards
Types of Citi credit cards
Citi offers several rewards cards that help you get more out of your everyday spending. Let’s take a closer look at the leading Citi credit cards:
- Cashback cards. If you are looking to get the most from your credit card rewards, consider the Citi Cash Back Card which offers an attractive 1% rebate on everyday spending, and 2% rebate on global dining and hotels including foreign currency spending.
- Reward cards. Your points will never expire with the Citi Rewards Card, awarding you up to 10X points throughout the year. Choose between Mastercard and UnionPay when you apply for a Citi Rewards Card. Elsewhere, the Citi HKTVmall Card lets you take advantage of a 5% discount at HKTVmall every Thursday. This card makes it easy to offset your spending directly after you pay by using Citi Pay with Points.
- Cashback and rewards. If you frequently shop online, consider applying for the Citi Octopus Platinum Card, which earns HK$1 Octopus Cash Rebate for every HK$200 and 15% rebates on public transport fare. This also gives you access to the Octopus Rewards programme, unlocking further benefits at any outlet which displays the Octopus Rewards icon.
- Premium travel cards. Get an exclusive mileage earnings rate as well as unlimited access to airport lounges around the world with the Citi Prestige Card. This premium credit card also offers complimentary travel insurance, as well as a free fourth night on any hotel booking. This card is also topped up with an annual thank you gift of 240,000 points (equivalent to 20,000 miles).
- Airline miles cards. When the time comes to start thinking of airline miles again, you may want to apply for the Citi PremierMiles Card. This card earns Asia Miles and Avios which can unlock redemptions with partner airlines.
The benefits of a Citi credit card
- Supplementary cards. All your supplementary cards participate in the main cardholder’s rewards scheme and you can share the benefits of your credit card with supplementary cardholders.
- Dining, shopping and travel deals. Citi credit cards are typically eligible for special deals on online shopping, dining out and travelling. Receive complimentary travel insurance on travel bookings and discounts on top restaurants.
- Easy cash rebates. Many of Citi’s credit cards offer hassle-free rebates. Simply spend as you normally would every day and see a proportion of your monthly spend credited back to your card statement at the end of the month.
- Convert your credit card balance into cash. You can get cash out of your credit card instantly with Citi’s Cash Conversion Program. Instant cash can be conveniently paid back over a flexible period and there is no handling or early settlement fee.
- Contactless & mobile payments. Pay easily and conveniently on a contactless terminal via Mastercard PayPass. Link your Citi credit card to your mobile phone with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay for an even more convenient way to pay.
How can I apply for a Citi credit card?
There are a lot of credit card choices with Citi and each card has different features. Think about your monthly spending and choose the credit card which will bring you the highest rewards and most generous discounts.
When you’re ready, head to the Citi Hong Kong website to begin your application.
- Age. You have to be 18 when you apply for a Citi credit card, but the bank states there is no maximum age limit for applicants.
- Residential status. Hong Kong resident (permanent or non-permanent).
- Income requirements. Citi has varying income requirements, depending on the credit card product you are applying for. The Citi Prestige Card required a minimum income of HK$600,000 while the Citi Cash Back Card has a minimum income requirement of HK$120,000 or more. Always check the income requirements for the card product you’re interested in.
- Other requirements. You must be a full-time degree or diploma student of a Hong Kong Tertiary Institution to be eligible for the Citi Clear Student Card.
- Credit history. Citi will evaluate your credit file and consider your current obligations to creditors before granting you further credit in the shape of a credit card account.
Necessary documents and information
- Proof of identification. Once you’ve completed the application form, including your HKID or passport number, you will also be expected to submit a copy of your Hong Kong ID.
- Evidence of assets or income. Employees can submit their latest payslip, a set of bank statements showing the last three months of salary payments or other proof of assets such as a fixed deposit statement. Self-employed applicants need to supply a Personal Tax Assessment or Profit Record and proof of assets such as a current fixed deposit statement.
- Change of name. If you’ve changed your name you need to submit sufficient proof, for example, a Deed Poll.
- Relatives of Citi employees. Applicants who have a relative or spouse that is either a director or employee at Citi Hong Kong are required to declare the name of the Citi employee that is known to them as well as the department where they are employed.
- Foreign residents. If you are working in Hong Kong but not a permanent resident, you will need to submit additional documents, including your passport showing your full name, nationality and passport number. Foreigners also need to submit a copy of their Hong Kong visa as well as proof of employment which clearly states the duration of their employment.
It’s always a good idea to compare the Citi credit card range with credit cards on offer from other Hong Kong providers before you proceed with an application. Credit card products vary and each individual applicant has different needs and requirements, so, only apply for a Citi credit card once you are sure it’s a good fit for your spending and lifestyle.
Questions you still might have
Do I need to make a minimum monthly payment to my Citi credit card?
If you carry a balance on your Citi credit card, you will likely need to pay back a minimum amount every month. This calculates as a small percentage of your balance plus any interest accrued as well as any other charges and fees you occurred in that month.
How secure is my Citi credit card?
Your Citi credit card is secured on several layers. Citi employs 3D secure at participating merchants to prevent unauthorised use of your card. If your card is lost or stolen Citi can block any further transactions, so call the bank straight away.
Can I apply for a Citi credit card if I’m not a Hong Kong citizen?
Yes, you can apply for a credit card from Citi even if you do not have a permanent Hong Kong ID. However, Citi will typically request proof of your right to employment and your future employment prospects to verify that you have an income with which you can repay your card balance.
How do I register for online banking with Citi?
You can register for Citi Online Banking via your desktop web browser or the Citi Mobile App. Citi will send a one-time password authorisation code to you by SMS which will allow you to sign up for online banking. You can view your balance, payment due date and request online statements through internet banking with Citi.
Can I add supplementary cardholders to my Citi credit card account?
You can share your Citi card benefits with your friends and family by applying for a supplementary credit card on your account. Simply download the online application form and submit it to Citi, including proof of the Hong Kong ID of each supplementary cardholder.
Read more on this topic
Citi HKTVmall信用卡簡評: 費用、特色及賣點
Citi HKTVmall 信用卡提供高達13%的獎賞，而且持卡人更可憑Citi Pay with Points的積分抵消簽賬，對於HKTVmall的常客來說是一張不錯的信用卡。
Citi HKTVmall Card: Review and Fees
Designed for frequent shoppers at HKTVmall, the Citi HKTVmall card offers a wide range of benefits and privileges. It lets you enjoy up to 13% rewards when shopping at HKTVmall and allows you to offset your spending directly by using Citi Pay with Points. A good option for frequent shoppers at HKTVmall.
Citi Rewards UNIONPAY信用卡簡評: 費用、特色及賣點
Citi Rewards UNIONPAY信用卡的一大賣點就是使用流動支付可享2%回贈（5X積分），兼且提供豐富優厚的銀聯卡優惠，除此之外，這張信用卡還有甚麼賣點和特色呢？一文了解Citi Rewards信用卡的評價、特色及費用等資料。
Citi Rewards UnionPay Card Review: Rates and Fees
Designed with the everyday shopper in mind, the Citi Reward UnionPay card rewards you for your daily expenses with up to eight times the reward points.
Citi PremierMiles 信用卡簡評﹕費用、特色及賣點
Citi Premiermiles信用卡可以說是為旅遊人士而設的入門信用卡，里數回贈吸引，可兌換多個獎勵計劃的里數，兼可免費享用機場貴賓室及旅遊保險等。一文了解Citi PremierMiles信用卡的評價、特色及費用等資料。
Citi Prestige 信用卡簡評: 費用、特色及賣點
Citi Prestige信用卡是一張高端而又適合熱愛旅遊人士的信用卡，提供一系列卓越的旅遊禮遇。這張信用卡是否適合你呢？一文了解Citi Prestige信用卡的評價、特色及費用等資料。
Citi Rewards 信用卡簡評: 費用、特色及賣點
Citi Rewards信用卡的一大賣點就是使用流動支付可享2%回贈（5X積分），除此之外，這張信用卡還有甚麼賣點和特色呢？一文了解Citi Rewards信用卡的評價、特色及費用等資料。
Citi Prestige Card: Review and Fees
Access an exclusive lifestyle and an array of travel perks with the Citi Prestige Card, which offers privileges, discounts and benefits as well as rewards as you spend.
Citi Octopus Platinum Credit Card Review: Rates and Fees
Designed with the everyday spender in mind, the Citi Reward card rewards you for your daily expenditure and commute with Octopus cash rebates.
Citi Rewards Credit Card Review: Rates and Fees
Designed with the everyday shopper in mind, the Citi Reward card rewards you for your daily expenses with up to eight times the reward points.