Receive cashback rewards, air miles, and savings on dining, shopping, travel and more with Citibank Credit Cards .
Pick world-renowned credit card partner in Citibank and benefit from rewards on your credit card spend as well as a range of travel perks with the PremierMiles and Prestige cards.
Citibank has been in business for centuries, with a global banking presence that serves customers around the globe. Compare the Citi cards available to Hong Kong residents here.
finder does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Types of Citibank credit cards
Citibank offers several rewards cards which help you get more out of your everyday dollar spend. If you are a frequent traveller, you can maximise your rewards by choosing a miles-earning card or by opting for a premium credit card from Citibank.
What benefits can I get with a Citi credit card?
- Supplementary cards. All your supplementary cards participate in the main cardholder’s rewards scheme and you can share the benefits of your credit card with supplementary cardholders.
- Dining, shopping and travel deals. All Citi credit cards are eligible for special deals on online shopping, dining out and travelling. Receive complimentary travel insurance on travel bookings and discounts on top restaurants.
- Easy cash rebates. Many of Citi’s credit cards offer hassle-free rebates. Simply spend as you normally would every day and see a proportion of your monthly spend credited back to your card statement at the end of the month.
- Convert your credit card balance into cash. You can get cash out of your credit card instantly with Citi’s pre-approved Cash Conversion Program. Instant cash can be conveniently paid back over a flexible period and there is no handling or early settlement fee.
- Balance Transfer Program. You can transfer other credit card balances to your designated Citi credit card with no handling and early settlement fees.
- Contactless & mobile payments. Pay easily and conveniently on contactless terminal via Visa payWave. Link your Citi credit card to your mobile phone with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay for an even more convenient way to pay.
How can I apply for a Citi credit card?
There are a lot of credit card choices with Citibank, and each card has different features. Think about your monthly spending and choose the credit card which will bring you the highest rewards and most generous discounts. When you’re ready, head to the Citibank Hong Kong website to begin your application.
- Age. You have to be 18 when you apply for a Citibank credit card, but the bank states there is no maximum age limit for applicants.
- Residential status. You can apply for a Citibank credit card even if you are not a permanent resident of Hong Kong, but you will need to supply further documentation.
- Income requirements. Citibank has varying income requirements, depending on the credit card product you are applying for. The Citi Clear Card required a minimum income of HK$60,000 while the Citi Cash Back Card has a minimum income requirement of HK$250,000 or more. Always check the income requirements for the card product you’re interested in.
- Other requirements. You must be a full-time degree or diploma student of a Hong Kong Tertiary Institution to be eligible for the Citi Clear Student Card.
- Credit history. Citibank will evaluate your credit file and consider your current obligations to creditors before granting you further credit in the shape of a credit card account.
Necessary documents and information
- Proof of identification. Once you’ve completed the application form, including your HKID or passport number, you will also be expected to submit a signed copy of your Hong Kong ID.
- Evidence of assets or income. Employees can submit their latest payslip, a set of bank statements showing the last three months of salary payments or other proof of assets such as a fixed deposit statement. Self-employed applicants need to supply a Personal Tax Assessment or Profit Record and proof of assets such as a current fixed deposit statement.
- Change of name. If you’ve changed your name you need to submit sufficient proof, for example a Deed Poll.
- Relatives of Citibank employees: Applicants who have a relative or spouse that is either a director or employee at Citibank Hong Kong are required to declare the name of the Citibank employee that is known to them as well as the department where they are employed.
- Foreign residents. If you are working in Hong Kong but not a permanent resident you will need to submit additional documents, including your passport showing your full name, nationality and passport number. Foreigners also need to submit a copy of their Hong Kong visa as well as proof of employment which clearly states the duration of their employment.
Compare the Citibank credit card range with credit cards on offer from other Hong Kong providers before you proceed with an application. Credit card products vary and each individual applicant has different needs and requirements, so only apply for a Citibank credit card once you are sure it is a good fit for you.