CMHK Broadband Review
Enjoy download and upload speeds of up to 1000Mbps, 24/7 customer support, and more.
China Mobile is a giant in the world of telecoms: at the end of 2019, the company had no fewer than 187 million broadband customers internationally. In Hong Kong, the group operates as CMHK and offers a suite of products including mobile, broadband, smart home and TV services. CMHK’s broadband is known for its stable and high-performing network. Plus, it regularly offers discounts and some competitive prices.
Read on to find out what you need to know about CMHK broadband in Hong Kong.
Compare CMHK Broadband Plans
What type of broadband plans are offered by CMHK?
CMHK usually offers home fibre broadband plans for a period of 24 months.
- Hong Kong Home Broadband 1000. This package comes with download/upload speeds of up to 1000Mbps, meaning you should have few issues if you want to connect multiple devices at your home. By signing up to the 24-month contract, you can enjoy an installation fee waiver (worth HKD$680). Plus, you may be able to get a UTV Box for free (worth $448, while stock lasts). Finally, there’s an optional home phone service add-on which typically costs HK$28 per month.
It’s important to check which services you could access based on where you live. Detailed coverage maps for major networks around the globe are available for free in the OpenSignal app. You can also track your existing broadband speed with our useful tool.
Benefits of CMHK
- Time-limited deals. CMHK often has special offers for new customers who sign up to a broadband deal, including E-shop exclusives if you buy online.
- Business Broadband. This provider offers a commercial fibre broadband service offering speeds of up to 1000Mbps for businesses. It includes a ‘Steady Speed Guarantee’ giving your company added peace of mind.
- Wireless service plans. As well as high-speed broadband, including bundles, CMHK offers an extensive range of deals which are tailored to mobile- and tablet-based Internet users. These include 5G, 4.5G, 4G, a Bay Area Service Plan among others. It’s 5G Service Plan – including Bay Area Roaming Data & Voice – has a package that starts from HK$198 per month.
Features of CMHK
- Consistent pricing. Unlike some competitors, CMHK typically offers a flat rate for both public and private housing.
- Online chat service. Speak live with a support operative from CMHK. Alternatively, you can call their 24-hour customer care hotline.
Pros and cons of CMHK
- Very fast broadband speeds
- Paperless billing
- 24/7 customer care
- Only a 7-day ‘cooling-off’ period if you change your mind – some providers offer 14 days
- We couldn’t find a broadband coverage map on CMHK’s website
What should I be aware of before signing up to CMHK?
There are a number of costs you should be aware of with CMHK. If you cancel your broadband contract early, you’ll typically be required to settle the balance of your contract in full. Plus, if you have 12 months or more remaining on your contract, then you’ll be liable for any previously installation charges which were waived.
Other fees and charges could apply, so, it’s important to read the terms and conditions in full before signing up to a broadband deal with CMHK.
How to apply for a CMHK plan
The quickest way to apply for CMHK broadband is to do so online via CMHK’s E-shop. You may also visit one of 7 CMHK stores in Hong Kong in-person. Make sure you check first to see if you live in an area that will allow the installation of the broadband service you want to get.