Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
CMHK Broadband Review
Enjoy download and upload speeds of up to 1000Mbps, 24/7 customer support, and more.
China Mobile is a giant in the world of telecoms: at the end of 2019, the company had no fewer than 187 million broadband customers internationally. In Hong Kong, the group operates as CMHK and offers a suite of products including mobile, broadband, smart home and TV services. CMHK’s broadband is known for its stable and high-performing network. Plus, it regularly offers discounts and some competitive prices.
Read on to find out what you need to know about CMHK broadband in Hong Kong.
Compare CMHK Broadband Plans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What type of broadband plans are offered by CMHK?
CMHK usually offers home fibre broadband plans for a period of 24 months.
- Hong Kong Home Broadband 1000. This package comes with download/upload speeds of up to 1000Mbps, meaning you should have few issues if you want to connect multiple devices at your home. By signing up to the 24-month contract, you can enjoy an installation fee waiver (worth HKD$680). Plus, you may be able to get a UTV Box for free (worth $448, while stock lasts). Finally, there’s an optional home phone service add-on which typically costs HK$28 per month.
It’s important to check which services you could access based on where you live. Detailed coverage maps for major networks around the globe are available for free in the OpenSignal app. You can also track your existing broadband speed with our useful tool.
Benefits of CMHK
- Time-limited deals. CMHK often has special offers for new customers who sign up to a broadband deal, including E-shop exclusives if you buy online.
- Business Broadband. This provider offers a commercial fibre broadband service offering speeds of up to 1000Mbps for businesses. It includes a ‘Steady Speed Guarantee’ giving your company added peace of mind.
- Wireless service plans. As well as high-speed broadband, including bundles, CMHK offers an extensive range of deals which are tailored to mobile- and tablet-based Internet users. These include 5G, 4.5G, 4G, a Bay Area Service Plan among others. It’s 5G Service Plan – including Bay Area Roaming Data & Voice – has a package that starts from HK$198 per month.
Features of CMHK
- Consistent pricing. Unlike some competitors, CMHK typically offers a flat rate for both public and private housing.
- Online chat service. Speak live with a support operative from CMHK. Alternatively, you can call their 24-hour customer care hotline.
Pros and cons of CMHK
- Very fast broadband speeds
- Paperless billing
- 24/7 customer care
- Only a 7-day ‘cooling-off’ period if you change your mind – some providers offer 14 days
- We couldn’t find a broadband coverage map on CMHK’s website
What should I be aware of before signing up to CMHK?
There are a number of costs you should be aware of with CMHK. If you cancel your broadband contract early, you’ll typically be required to settle the balance of your contract in full. Plus, if you have 12 months or more remaining on your contract, then you’ll be liable for any previously installation charges which were waived.
Other fees and charges could apply, so, it’s important to read the terms and conditions in full before signing up to a broadband deal with CMHK.
How to apply for a CMHK plan
The quickest way to apply for CMHK broadband is to do so online via CMHK’s E-shop. You may also visit one of 7 CMHK stores in Hong Kong in-person. Make sure you check first to see if you live in an area that will allow the installation of the broadband service you want to get.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
A beginner’s guide to cryptocurrency ETFs
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
How to buy Aave (AAVE)
Learn more about the AAVE cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Review: Celsius Network cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform
An in-depth review of one of the most popular lending and interest earning platforms in cryptocurrency.
Nexo review: Is it safe for high interest returns?
Nexo is a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform that offers high interest rates on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat. We review the features available and look at how safe your funds would be on the platform.
Review: TransferMate international money transfers
Learn about how TransferMate’s personal product works and what it can do for you.
Citibank Citigold review
With Citigold, you can benefit from personalised asset planning to meet your financial needs and wealth goals.
Citi Plus review
Citibank Citi Plus offers a digitised banking experience and a wide array of features tailored to the needs of digital natives in Hong Kong.
Ethereum (ETH) price prediction 2021
What affects the value of Ethereum (ETH) and how might the price of ETH fluctuate in the year ahead? Find out in this comprehensive guide.
AscendEX (BitMax) Cryptocurrency Exchange Review
A complete review of the AscendEX exchange, covering trading and DeFi features, associated fees, regulation and security. Is AscendEX right for you?
Where to buy your next mascara online 2021
Nothing perks up your eyes like a great mascara. Vegan, super volume, false effects, 3Ds and all shades abound on the web.