Citibank Global Transfer
Send funds free and instantly with Citibank Global Transfers
Whether you’re looking to pay a bill overseas, transfers funds to family and friends, Citibank Global Transfer (CGT) allows for convenient and real-time fund transfer between your Citibank Hong Kong account and overseas Citibank accounts. These transfers are available to the Citibank selected list of countries, and all fees will be waived. For incoming fund transfers from overseas Citibank branches, you will need to refer to each of the originating country’s fees and charges.
If your transfer requires a currency conversion, you will find the Citibank standard exchange on the page of your Citibank Online account.
This service is only free for transfers between Citibank accounts, for transfers out of Citibank, a fee may be applied. Citibank Global Transfers is only applicable to clients of Citibank (Hong Kong)
Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
|Min. Transfer Amount||$0|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Phone, Agent, Bank Account to Bank Account|
|Transfer Options||Regular payments, One off payments|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Branch|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BHD, CNY, COP, GBP, HKD, IDR, INR, KRW, MXN, MYR, PHP, PLN, SGD, THB, TWD, USD, VND|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
What are the features of the Citibank Global Transfer?
- Free instant global funds transfer to 25 countries and regions
- Multiple transfers channels. Users may choose to use Citibank Online or the Citi Mobile App to conduct a transfer
- High maximum transfer limit. For Citibank Global Transfers, the daily limit is set to HKD$400,000, however may be adjusted up to HKD$1,000,000
- Fee free. Transfer funds instantly to other Citibank accounts in your or your designated third party’s name worldwide with the handling fees waived
- Set up recurring payments to easily manage any regular payments or dated transfers.
Citibank Global transfers are currently available to the 25 countries listed below:
- China (Inbound only (only accept funds from other CGT originating countries and regions)
- Columbia (Inbound only (only accept funds from other CGT originating countries and regions)
- Hong Kong
- India (Inbound only (only accept funds from other CGT originating countries and regions)
- Mexico (Inbound only (only accept funds from other CGT originating countries and regions)
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vietnam (Inbound only (only accept funds from other CGT originating countries and regions)
How do I set up a Citibank Global Transfer?
To connect you current Citibank account with the Global Transfers service, you will need to:
- Log into your Citibank online account
- Add a local Citibank payee
- Select a local Citibank account
You will be able to review your transfer details before sending it off.
Fees & charges for transfers out of Citibank Global Transfer
Other than Citibank Global Transfers that allows for fee fee transfers between global Citibank accounts, Citibank also provides normal transfers service to other banking accounts out of Citibank. The fees will depend on the account you are using with Citibank and whether you choose to use an online service or set up a transfer at the local branch.
Telegraphic Transfers (HKD/ USD/ Foreign currency/ RMB):
- Citibanking Account: HKD$200 for online and mobile banking, HKD$250 for branch transfer service
- Citi Priority: HKD$0 for online and mobile banking, HKD$220 for branch transfer service
- Citigold: HKD$0 for online and mobile banking, HKD$100 for branch transfer service
- Citigold Private Client: HKD$0 for online and mobile banking, HKD$0 for branch transfer service