Citibank Citigold review
Access personalised investment solutions to meet your wealth goals.
An integrated banking account package offered by Citibank, Citigold comes with a wide array of premium banking features for banking, investing and lifestyle. Discover the exclusive benefits you can unlock by being a Citigold customer in this review.
Minimum Initial Deposit
How does Citigold works
Citigold is an exclusive banking relationship that offers comprehensive banking solutions, wealth management services, global banking, and a host of privileges to ensure that your wealth meets its full potential.
With a Citigold relationship, you can access a suite of products and services, including on-demand financial guidance and digital investment tools.
To qualify for Citigold, you’ll need at least HK$1,500,000 in investible assets.
What are Citibank Wealth Management programmes?
Citibank’s wealth management programme comprises of three client segments, each tier with varying levels of eligibility criteria and privileges.
|Citibank Wealth Management Tiers||Minimum Total Relationship Balance|
|Citigold Private Client||HK$8,000,000|
- Wealth advisory. Receive end-to-end financial planning services and solutions tailored to specific goals. The Citigold Total Wealth Advisor (TWA) tool also provides a real-time report of your financial situation and assets.
- Market insights. Make informed trades based on Citi’s Global institutional-grade wealth management advice on the latest market trends and opportunities.
- Range of wealth management products. Access a suite of financial products and services, including long and short term investments, liquid asset and insurance solutions.
- Dedicated Citigold relationship manager. You’ll be assigned a dedicated relationship manager, who’ll understand your banking needs, guide you through financial decisions and help you manage your wealth. You can also request a remote portfolio review with your relationship manager at the comfort of your home through Citi Live Chat.
- Preferential pricing on select products. Citigold customers can benefit from preferred pricing and rates on selected products, including time deposits and foreign currency exchange.
- Fee waiver on HK stock purchases. Enjoy HK stock buy fee waiver from the 4th month. To be eligible, you’ll need to conduct at least one HK stock buy/sell transaction consecutively every month. Fee waiver capped at HK$888 per month.
- Exclusive privileges and deals. Enjoy a wide array of curated lifestyle experiences and Citigold benefits, ranging from cash bonuses to card rewards.
- Remote account opening offer. Receive HK$500 when you open a Citigold account via your mobile. Additionally, you can also earn up to HK$29,500 cash rebate when you meet the promotional requirements for fresh funds and designated products balance.
- Payroll account offer. Earn up to HK$800 in cash rebates when you credit your salary with the payroll account. New Citigold clients only.
- Upgrade offer. Get up to HK$6,000 cash rebate by upgrading to Citigold and deposit designated new funds. Existing Citi customers only.
- Referral offer. Receive HK$2,000 cash rebate for each successful referral. Promotion ends 31 July 2021.
Fees and limits
Here are some fees to look out for:
- Fall-below fee. A monthly service fee of HK$300 will be charged if your Average Daily Combined Balance falls below HK$1,000,000 for 3 consecutive months.
- Over-the-counter cash deposit fee. 0.25% of the total deposit amount (minimum HK$50).
- Paper statements. HK$10 per month
How to apply for Citigold
To start a Citigold relationship, you’ll need a minimum initial deposit of HK$1,500,000 and applying online or through the Citi mobile app. The online application process will only take about 10 minutes to complete.
If you already have a Citibank account, you can simply upgrade to a Citigold relationship online by providing your Hong Kong ID or debit card number, as well as your contact details. A Citibank representative will then contact you to set up an appointment.
Alternatively, you can apply by calling the Citigold application hotline at (+852) 2860-0220 or visit your nearest Citibank branch.
Step-by-step application process
To apply for Citigold via mobile, simply download the Citi Mobile app and follow the in-app prompts.
- Launch the Citi Mobile app
- Click on ‘Open a bank account
- Input your Application ID
- Verify your HKID Card
- Capture your selfie
- Capture your address proof
- Capture your signature specimen
- Submit your application
Compare savings accounts
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.