Citibank Citigold review
Access personalised investment solutions to meet your wealth goals.
An integrated banking account package offered by Citibank, Citigold comes with a wide array of premium banking features for banking, investing and lifestyle. Discover the exclusive benefits you can unlock by being a Citigold customer in this review.
Minimum Initial Deposit
Maximum Interest Rate
How does Citigold works
Citigold is an exclusive banking relationship that offers comprehensive banking solutions, wealth management services, global banking, and a host of privileges to ensure that your wealth meets its full potential.
With a Citigold relationship, you can access a suite of products and services, including on-demand financial guidance and digital investment tools.
To qualify for Citigold, you’ll need at least HK$1,500,000 in investible assets.
What are Citibank Wealth Management programmes?
Citibank’s wealth management programme comprises of three client segments, each tier with varying levels of eligibility criteria and privileges.
|Citibank Wealth Management Tiers||Minimum Total Relationship Balance|
|Citigold Private Client||HK$8,000,000|
- Wealth advisory. Receive end-to-end financial planning services and solutions tailored to specific goals. The Citigold Total Wealth Advisor (TWA) tool also provides a real-time report of your financial situation and assets.
- Market insights. Make informed trades based on Citi’s Global institutional-grade wealth management advice on the latest market trends and opportunities.
- Range of wealth management products. Access a suite of financial products and services, including long and short term investments, liquid asset and insurance solutions.
- Dedicated Citigold relationship manager. You’ll be assigned a dedicated relationship manager, who’ll understand your banking needs, guide you through financial decisions and help you manage your wealth. You can also request a remote portfolio review with your relationship manager at the comfort of your home through Citi Live Chat.
- Preferential pricing on select products. Citigold customers can benefit from preferred pricing and rates on selected products, including time deposits and foreign currency exchange.
- Fee waiver on HK stock purchases. Enjoy HK stock buy fee waiver from the 4th month. To be eligible, you’ll need to conduct at least one HK stock buy/sell transaction consecutively every month. Fee waiver capped at HK$888 per month.
- Exclusive privileges and deals. Enjoy a wide array of curated lifestyle experiences and Citigold benefits, ranging from cash bonuses to card rewards.
- Remote account opening offer. Receive HK$500 when you open a Citigold account via your mobile. Additionally, you can also earn up to HK$29,500 cash rebate when you meet the promotional requirements for fresh funds and designated products balance.
- Payroll account offer. Earn up to HK$800 in cash rebates when you credit your salary with the payroll account. New Citigold clients only.
- Upgrade offer. Get up to HK$6,000 cash rebate by upgrading to Citigold and deposit designated new funds. Existing Citi customers only.
- Referral offer. Receive HK$2,000 cash rebate for each successful referral. Promotion ends 31 July 2021.
Fees and limits
Here are some fees to look out for:
- Fall-below fee. A monthly service fee of HK$300 will be charged if your Average Daily Combined Balance falls below HK$1,000,000 for 3 consecutive months.
- Over-the-counter cash deposit fee. 0.25% of the total deposit amount (minimum HK$50).
- Paper statements. HK$10 per month
How to apply for Citigold
To start a Citigold relationship, you’ll need a minimum initial deposit of HK$1,500,000 and applying online or through the Citi mobile app. The online application process will only take about 10 minutes to complete.
If you already have a Citibank account, you can simply upgrade to a Citigold relationship online by providing your Hong Kong ID or debit card number, as well as your contact details. A Citibank representative will then contact you to set up an appointment.
Alternatively, you can apply by calling the Citigold application hotline at (+852) 2860-0220 or visit your nearest Citibank branch.
Step-by-step application process
To apply for Citigold via mobile, simply download the Citi Mobile app and follow the in-app prompts.
- Launch the Citi Mobile app
- Click on ‘Open a bank account
- Input your Application ID
- Verify your HKID Card
- Capture your selfie
- Capture your address proof
- Capture your signature specimen
- Submit your application
Compare savings accounts
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.