Citi Rewards UnionPay Card Review: Rates and Fees
Get both UnionPay Card benefits and 10X the reward points with spending at your favourite retailers online.
With Citi Rewards UnionPay Card, you can enjoy both the benefits of Citi Rewards Card and UnionPay Card, with up to 10X for daily expenses at fashion retailers, household stores and other retails worldwide, and also a heap of reward points to offset your next purchase.
Minimum Annual Income
Benefits of using the Citi Rewards UnionPay card
When you shop using the Citi Rewards UnionPay card, you get to receive a number of unique benefits:
- Reward points. All eligible transactions will earn you 1 point for every HK$1 spent, with no maximum cap. Your points never expire, so you can accumulate them to redeem your dream reward anytime from any redemption hotspots or online.
- Up to 5X the rewards. Earn 5X points (2% Rebate) for every HK$1 charged to your Citi Rewards card, on purchases made with contactless payment transaction via wallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay). On the other hand, All Mastercard contactless and payWave Transactions are entitled to 3X Points.
Extra benefits for Citi Rewards UnionPay card
Below are the extra benefits for UnionPay card:
- Earn 10X points. The UnionPay version gives you extra perks and rewards. With it, you can earn 10X points for QuickPass, UnionPay QR Code and online retail transactions.
- One card, dual currency. Spending in Hong Kong and overseas will be billed in HK$. Spending in Mainland China will be billed in CNY.
- Foreign currency transaction handling charge waiver. You can save 1.95% on every foreign currency transaction.
- Airport Lounge Access Privilege. Cardholders who spend HK$12,000 within two consecutive months can enjoy 3 times complimentary airport lounge access, which covers more than 130 designated LoungeKey airport lounges around the Greater China in Chinese Mainland, Macao and Taiwan.
- Free Comprehensive Travel Insurance. Cardholders who purchase flight or the hotel, or make a purchase of any kind (at a minimum of HK$2,000) during the trip can enjoy a free comprehensive travel insurance plan for the duration of up to 6 days.
- Selected Restaurants Buy 1 Get One Free. UnionPay invites you to enjoy the high-quality set menu in selected restaurants with the exclusive offer of “Buy one get one free” to enjoy a pleasure on the tip of your tongue
Citi Rewards UnionPay card features
Some of the main features of this card include the following:
- Annual fee. You’ll need to pay an annual fee of HK$1,800 for the primary card and HK$900 for every supplementary card.
- Hong Kong International Airport lounge access. Spend HK$12,000 in two succeeding months and get up to 3 times complimentary airport lounge access which has more than 130 designated LoungeKey airport lounges in the Greater China in Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
- Redemption flexibility. Depending on your needs and preferences, you can redeem your reward points at any redemption hotspot or online anytime. The points never expire, so you can take your time accumulating them for your dream rewards.
- Citi World Privileges. Indulge yourself with special offers at Citi World Privileges’ partner merchants. You can also get travel deals such as airfare sales, accommodation, car rentals and other travel discounts to help you save while travelling in style.
- Contactless payment technology. You can use the card for secure and convenient tap-and-go payments at Mastercard PayPass terminals with contactless technology.
How to apply for the Citi Rewards UnionPay card
If you have compared your options and decided to apply, you can proceed by completing an online application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Earn at least HK$120,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
To ensure the application process goes smoothly, have the following information handy:
If you’re looking forward to earning and redeeming reward points from daily expenses, getting the Citi Rewards UnionPay card could be an option to consider. Given that there are other credit cards that offer similar features, be sure you compare a variety of other rewards cards to help you find one that suits your circumstances and needs.