Enjoy 5 times the reward points all year round at supermarkets, departmental stores and telco providers in Hong Kong.
With up to 5 times the reward points (and 8 times the points during your birthday month) for daily expenses at local supermarkets, departmental stores and even telco providers, you can earn a heap of reward points with the Citi Rewards card to offset your next purchase. In addition, cardholders are also entitled to extra perks such as discounted airport lounge access and year-round exclusive deals at Citi’s partner merchants.
Compare the card features and fees to find out if the Citi Rewards card is right for you.
|Product Name||Citi Rewards Card|
|Benefit Description||Get HK$600 Wellcome Cash coupon (135,000 points) with min. spend of HK$10,000 in the first 2 months. Valid till 30 April 2019.|
|Rewards||Enjoy up to 8X Points at supermarkets, department stores and telecom providers.|
|Cashback Rate Local||N/A|
|Cashback Rate Overseas||N/A|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 58 days|
|Go to Site|
Benefits of using the Citi Rewards card
When you shop using the Citi Rewards card, you get to enjoy a number of unique benefits:
- Reward points. All eligible transactions will earn you 1 point for every HK$1 spent, with no maximum cap. Your points never expire, so you can accumulate them to redeem your dream reward anytime from any redemption hotspots or online.
- Up to 8 times the rewards. Enjoy 5 times the rewards (and 8 times the rewards during your birthday month) for every HK$1 spent at supermarkets, department stores and telecom providers in Hong Kong, including autopay of your telecommunication bill payments. Take note that the extra 5 times the reward points (aside from the basic reward) will be capped at 50,000 Points for each eligible card account per statement cycle. When earning 8 times the rewards, you will be given an extra three times the rewards on top of the initial 5 times the rewards. The three times the rewards is capped at 15,000 points.
- Welcome gift. New cardholders are eligible to earn up to 135,000 points (equivalent to a HK$600 Wellcome Cash Coupon) when you charge a minimum of HK$10,000 to the card within the first 2 months from card issue. Extra HK$40 cash rebate for mobile payment via Apple Pay, GooglePay and Samsung Pay. Valid till 30 April 2019. Terms and conditions apply and offers are subject to change at the bank’s discretion.
Citi Rewards card features
Some of the main features of this card include the following:
- Annual fee. Citi Rewards will waive the annual fee for the first year. For subsequent years, you’ll need to pay an annual fee of HK$1,800 for the primary card and HK$900 for every supplementary card.
- Hong Kong International Airport lounge access. Treat yourself to one of the lounge services (such as two-hour lounge usage at Plaza Premium Lounge or Wellness Spa & Salon) at the Hong Kong International Airport for HK$250 when you present your Citi Rewards card and your boarding pass on the day of travel.
- Redemption flexibility. Depending on your needs and preferences, you can redeem your reward points at any redemption hotspot or online anytime. The points never expire, so you can take your time accumulating them for your dream rewards.
- Citi World Privileges. Indulge yourself with special offers at Citi World Privileges’ partner merchants. You can also enjoy travel deals such as airfare sales, accommodation, car rentals and other travel discounts to help you save while travelling in style.
- Contactless payment technology. You can use the card for secure and convenient tap-and-go payments at Visa payWave terminals with contactless technology.
How to apply for the Citi Rewards card
If you have compared your options and decided to apply, you can proceed by completing an online application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Earn at least HK$150,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
To ensure the application process goes smoothly, have the following information handy:
If you’re looking forward to earning and redeeming reward points from daily expenses, getting the Citi Rewards card could be an option to consider. Given that there are other credit cards that offer similar features, be sure you compare a variety of other rewards cards to help you find one that suits your circumstances and needs.