Citi Rewards Credit Card Review: Rates and Fees
Get 5X the reward points all year round at supermarkets, departmental stores and telco providers in Hong Kong.
With up to 5X the reward points (and 8X the points during your birthday month) for daily expenses at local supermarkets, departmental stores and even telco providers, you can earn a heap of reward points with the Citi Rewards card to offset your next purchase.
HK$0 annual fee for the first year. HK$1,800 thereafter.
Cashback Rate Local
Cashback Rate Overseas
Minimum Annual Income
|Product Name||Citi Rewards Card|
|Benefit Description||Get HK$600 Wellcome Cash coupon (135,000 points) when you spend HK$10,000 within the first 2 months of card approval. Valid till 30 September 2019.|
|Rewards||Earn 5X points for every HK$1 spent on all purchases, 8X points on eligible spend on your birthday month.|
|Cashback Rate Local||N/A|
|Cashback Rate Overseas||N/A|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 58 days|
Benefits of using the Citi Rewards card
When you shop using the Citi Rewards card, you get to receive a number of unique benefits:
- Reward points. All eligible transactions will earn you 1 point for every HK$1 spent, with no maximum cap. Your points never expire, so you can accumulate them to redeem your dream reward anytime from any redemption hotspots or online.
- Up to 8X the rewards. Earn 5X points for every HK$1 charged to your Citi Rewards card. Earn accelerate points during your birthday month – up to 8X points for every dollar spent on purchases at supermarkets, department stores and telecom providers in Hong Kong.
- Welcome gift. New cardholders are eligible to earn up to 135,000 points (equivalent to a HK$600 Wellcome Cash Coupon) upon spending HK$10,000 within the first 2 months of card membership. Valid till 30 September 2019. T&Cs apply.
Citi Rewards card features
Some of the main features of this card include the following:
- Annual fee. Citi Rewards will waive the annual fee for the first year. For subsequent years, you’ll need to pay an annual fee of HK$1,800 for the primary card and HK$900 for every supplementary card.
- Hong Kong International Airport lounge access. Spend HK$12,000 in two succeeding months and get up to 3 times complimentary airport lounge access which has more than 130 designated LoungeKey airport lounges in the Greater China in Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
- Redemption flexibility. Depending on your needs and preferences, you can redeem your reward points at any redemption hotspot or online anytime. The points never expire, so you can take your time accumulating them for your dream rewards.
- Citi World Privileges. Indulge yourself with special offers at Citi World Privileges’ partner merchants. You can also get travel deals such as airfare sales, accommodation, car rentals and other travel discounts to help you save while travelling in style.
- Contactless payment technology. You can use the card for secure and convenient tap-and-go payments at Visa payWave terminals with contactless technology.
How to apply for the Citi Rewards card
If you have compared your options and decided to apply, you can proceed by completing an online application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Earn at least HK$150,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
To ensure the application process goes smoothly, have the following information handy:
If you’re looking forward to earning and redeeming reward points from daily expenses, getting the Citi Rewards card could be an option to consider. Given that there are other credit cards that offer similar features, be sure you compare a variety of other rewards cards to help you find one that suits your circumstances and needs.