Citi Prestige Card: Review and Fees
Receive 20,000 miles as a welcome bonus and receive a wide array of exclusive rewards with Citi Prestige card.
Designed for frequent travellers with a high annual income, the Citi Prestige card offers a wide range of benefits and privileges. With an attractive reward-points scheme and a competitive earn rate, you can accrue more miles as you spend. Frequent travellers can get the fourth night free at any hotel of their choice, complimentary airport lounge visits thanks to Mastercard Airport Experiences (MCAE) and complimentary travel insurance of up to HK$750,000 if you pay for your travel expenses with your card.
Cashback Rate Local
Cashback Rate Overseas
Minimum Annual Income
Benefits of the Citi Prestige card
- Earn rewards. Almost every transaction you make with this card will earn you rewards, including 1 mile (equivalent to 12 points) for every HK$6 you spend locally and 1 mile for every HK$4 you spend overseas.
- Welcome gift. Receive 20,000 Miles (240,000 Points) and up to HK$600 worth of Deliveroo vouchers when you pay the first year annual fee of HK$3,800. Valid till 30 June 2021. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free global airport lounge access. Principal cardholders are entitled to complimentary access to over 1,000 LoungeKey lounges in more than 500 airports around the world. You can locate nearby lounges and offers through the Mastercard Airport Experiences (MCAE) mobile app.
- Citi Prestige concierge. Access to 24/7 concierge services in Hong Kong and overseas.
- Fourth night free at any hotel. Get a complimentary fourth night at any hotel when you book a minimum of four consecutive nights. In addition, there’s no cap to the number of times you can use this benefit. Hotel reservations should be made through the Citi Prestige Concierge.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Pay for your trip with your card and you can get up to HK$750,000 worth of complimentary travel insurance. You also have the option to double the Travel Accident Protection by upgrading to the Premier Plan, which costs as low as HK$48 (originally HK$290).
- Complimentary green fees. Green fees are waived for three rounds at each of the 11 selected golf courses in China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. T&Cs apply.
- Citi Prestige global events. Exclusive invites to global events and offers, ranging from fashion shows to opening nights of Broadway shows.
- Year-round privileges. As a Citi cardholder, you get a wide array of promotions and discounts at participating Citi merchants in Hong Kong.
- Extra annual relationship points. Earn up to 30% additional points based on the number of years you have used Citibank’s products and the amount of your yearly total eligible spending.
Features of the Citi Prestige card
There are a number of other important features you should keep in mind regarding the Citi Prestige card.
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of HK$3,800, with no waiver in the first nor any subsequent year.
- Rewards points never expire. Earn rewards as you spend and rest assured your rewards will never expire, so you can save up for a large redemption.
- Free miles conversion. You can convert your points to miles at any time, without having to pay a conversion fee.
If you’ve compared your options and decided the Citi Prestige card is right for you, make sure you confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements and organise the necessary information before you apply.
- Earn at least HK$600,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Be a Hong Kong resident or an expat with a valid working visa
The Citi Prestige Card is a premium credit card that offers points for all kinds of payments as well as a suite of other travel benefits. However, the non-waivable high annual fee could offset the value of these perks, so make sure you compare a range of other rewards cards to find one that suits your needs.