Citi PremierMiles Card: Review and fees
Score attractive welcome offers and an accelerated mile earn rate with Citi PremierMiles card.
With 1 mile per HK$4 spent overseas (HK$8 for local spends), the Citi PremierMiles card is a card that provides a relatively high mile earn ratio. Along with great affordability, abundant mile awards that don’t expire and flexible redemptions at over 12 frequent flyer programs, this card offers some of the best ways to accumulate miles and save money.
Minimum Annual Income
Benefits of using the Citi PremierMiles card
The Citi PremierMiles card offers an array of benefits ranging from rebates to travel privileges. Some of the main benefits of this card are:
- Miles. Earn 1 mile (12 points) for every HK$8 spent locally and 1 mile for every HK$3 spent overseas and online in foreign currency (HK$20,000 or above worth of purchases). Likewise, earn 1 mile for every HK$4 if you charge HK$20,000 or below in one statement cycle. In addition, there’s no qualifying spend required to earn miles and the accumulated card points never expire.
- Airport lounge passes. Both primary and supplementary cardholders can receive up to 12 complimentary visits each to over 70 designated Plaza Premium Lounges worldwide annually, as long as they spend a minimum of HK$5,000 each within 30 days after the date of each lounge visit.
Features of the Citi PremierMiles card
Here are the other key features to consider when you compare the Citi PremierMiles card with other options.
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of HK$1,800 for the principal card and HK$900 for every supplementary card.
- Travel insurance. Get complimentary travel insurance up to HK$750,000 for you and your family when you charge the full fare of your travel or redeem flight tickets, accommodation or travel tours with your Citi PremierMiles card.
- Redemption flexibility. You can transfer Citi Miles to over 12 frequent flyer programs to redeem mileage of over 100 airlines, including KrisFlyer, AsiaMiles and SkyMiles programs. There’s also no service charge for mileage conversion and the process typically takes 5 to 14 working days.
- Other deals. With the Citi PremierMiles card, you’ll also receive year-round rewards, benefits and preferential treatment at partner establishments through Citi World Privileges.
How to apply for the Citi PremierMiles card
If you’ve decided that the Citi PremierMiles card is the right card for you, you can apply by completing the secure online application form and by filling out your details. To save time, make sure that you meet the following eligibility requirements and have your supporting documentation on hand.
- Earn at least HK$120,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Hong Kong resident or expat with a valid working visa
If you’re an average spender looking to get extra savings and earn miles concurrently, the Citi PremierMiles card may be an option for you to consider. In addition, this is one of the few travel credit cards that offers miles that don’t expire, so you can take your time to accumulate them. Before applying, compare your options to ensure that you’re choosing the right card for you.Back to top