Enjoy the convenience of both a credit card and an Octopus card in one card, and earn cash rebates on your spending.
The Citi Octopus credit card is Hong Kong’s first bank co-brand card with Octopus capability. As both a credit card and an Octopus card, you can enjoy the convenience of shopping and commuting around Hong Kong while earning cash rebates and Octopus Reward$ to offset your next purchase. In addition, cardholders are also entitled to extra perks such as a 15% bus fare rebates and year-round exclusive deals at Citi’s partner merchants. Valid till 31 December 2019. Terms and conditions apply.
If you’re looking to take advantage of cash rebate features, you can compare the fees, features and benefits of this card below.
|Product Name||Citi Octopus Platinum Credit Card|
|Benefit Description||Receive a HK$200 cash rebate when you spend HK$2,500 or more in the first 2 months. Valid till 30 April 2019.|
|Rewards||Earn HK$1 Octopus Cash Rebate for every HK$200 spent. No cap.|
|Cashback Rate Local||0.5%|
|Cashback Rate Overseas||N/A|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 58 days|
|Go to Site|
Benefits of using the Citi Octopus credit card
The Citi Octopus credit card offers cardholders a number of benefits:
- 15% bus fare rebates. Citi Octopus Platinum cardholders can enjoy a 15% bus fare rebates, which will offset Octopus Automatic Add Value Service (AAVS) transactions as long as you spend HK$1,500 per monthly statement.
- 0.5% cash rebate. Every HK$200 you spend earns you HK$1 Octopus cash back, which will automatically offset AAVS transactions. In addition, there is no cap on the Octopus cash rebate.
- Octopus Reward$. You’ll be automatically enrolled in the Octopus Reward$ program, where you will earn Octopus Reward$ every time you spend with your card. You can redeem Octopus Reward$ for discounts or for other privileges offered at designated Octopus Rewards Merchants.
- Welcome gift. New cardholders can receive a HK$200 cash rebate if they spend a minimum of HK$2,500 within the first 2 months from card issue. Extra HK$40 cash rebate for mobile payment via Apple Pay, GooglePay and Samsung Pay. Valid till 30 April 2019. Terms and conditions apply.
Citi Octopus credit card features
Some of the main features of this card include the following:
- Annual fee. The Citi Octopus credit card will waive the annual fee for the first year. For subsequent years, you’ll need to pay an annual fee of HK$1,800 for the primary card and HK$900 for every supplementary card.
- 2-in-1 credit card with Octopus service. The card is embedded with Octopus service and allows you to spend at any merchant or terminal that accepts Octopus payments. There’s also an automatic top-up of HK$500 when your Octopus balance is running low.
- Year-round privileges. Gain access to special offers at Citi World Privileges’ partner merchants. Enjoy exclusive deals on flights, hotel rooms, car rentals and other travel discounts to help you save while travelling in style.
- Contactless payment technology. Enjoy the convenience of making secure and convenient tap-and-go payments at Visa payWave terminals with contactless technology.
How to apply for the Citi Octopus credit card
If you have compared your options and decided to apply, you can proceed by completing an online application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Citi Octopus Platinum Card applicants must earn at least HK$150,000 p.a.
- Citi Octopus Gold Card applicants must earn at least HK$60,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
To ensure the application process goes smoothly, have the following information handy:
The Citi Octopus credit card offers a number of beneficial features, including a cash rebate, HK$0 first-year annual fee, Octopus Reward$ and auto-reload of your Octopus balance. Weigh up the benefits and costs of this card when you’re comparing your options, so you can find a credit card that suits your needs.Back to top