Citi Octopus Platinum Credit Card Review: Rates and Fees
Get the convenience of both a credit card and an Octopus card in one card, and earn cash rebates on your spending.
The Citi Octopus credit card is Hong Kong’s first bank co-brand card with Octopus capability. As both a credit card and an Octopus card, you can receive the convenience of shopping and commuting around Hong Kong while earning cash rebates and Octopus Reward$ to offset your next purchase.
HK$0 annual fee for the first year. HK$1,800 thereafter.
Minimum Annual Income
Benefits of using the Citi Octopus credit card
The Citi Octopus credit card offers cardholders a number of benefits:
- Bus fare rebates. Citi Octopus Platinum cardholders can get a 15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB bus fare rebates, which will offset Octopus Automatic Add Value Service (AAVS) transactions as long as you spend HK$3,000 per monthly statement. Other T&Cs apply. Offer ends 31 December 2022.
- Octopus Rewards Program. You’ll be automatically enrolled in the Octopus Reward$ program, where you will earn Octopus Reward$ every time you spend with your card. Redeem Octopus Reward$ for discounts or for other privileges offered at designated Octopus Rewards Merchants.
- 0.5% Octopus Reward$. With the Octopus Rewards Program, you earn HK$1 Octopus Cash Rebate with every HK$200 spending.
Citi Octopus credit card features
Some of the main features of this card include the following:
- Annual fee. The Citi Octopus credit card will waive the annual fee for the first year. For subsequent years, you’ll need to pay an annual fee of HK$1,800 for the primary card and HK$900 for every supplementary card.
- 2-in-1 credit card with Octopus service. The card is embedded with Octopus service and allows you to spend at any merchant or terminal that accepts Octopus payments. There’s also an automatic top-up of HK$500 when your Octopus balance is running low.
- Year-round privileges. Gain access to special offers at Citi World Privileges’ partner merchants. Get exclusive deals on flights, hotel rooms, car rentals and other travel discounts to help you save while travelling in style.
- Contactless payment technology. Receive the convenience of making secure and convenient tap-and-go payments at Visa payWave terminals with contactless technology.
How to apply for the Citi Octopus credit card
If you have compared your options and decided to apply, you can proceed by completing an online application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Citi Octopus Platinum Card applicants must earn at least HK$120,000 p.a.
- Citi Octopus Gold Card applicants must earn at least HK$60,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
To ensure the application process goes smoothly, have the following information handy:
The Citi Octopus credit card offers a number of beneficial features, including a cash rebate, HK$0 first-year annual fee, Octopus Reward$ and auto-reload of your Octopus balance. Weigh up the benefits and costs of this card when you’re comparing your options, so you can find a credit card that suits your needs.Back to top