Citi Clear Card: 2021 review and fees
With the Citi Clear Card, you can receive a low annual fee and earn up to 2% cashback on online spending.
The Citi Clear Card is targeted at students, online shoppers and moviegoers who want attractive lifestyle benefits and cash rebates without a high annual fee. Cardholders can earn up to 2% cash rebates on online shopping in foreign currencies and get an array of privileges, including 1-for-1 movie tickets and priority bookings on entertainment shows.
HK$0 annual fee for the first year. HK$300 thereafter.
Cashback Rate Local
Cashback Rate Overseas
Minimum Annual Income
Benefits of the Citi Clear Card
- Online spending cash rebates. Cardholders earn up to 2% cashback on their online spending in any currency other than Hong Kong dollars for the first HK$10,000 in every statement cycle. All other spending will be entitled to a cash rebate of 0.4%.
- Basic cash rebate. All eligible transactions, including online spending in foreign currencies, will be entitled to a 0.4% cash rebate. There’s no minimum spend or cap for the basic cash rebate, and the rebate will be automatically credited to your account.
- Cinema treats. If you love going to the cinema, you’re in for a treat. Receive 10% off Citi Studio 4DX movie tickets, 1-for-1 3D and 2D movie tickets (applicable on Friday, Saturday and Sunday only), 12% off 3D, 2D and Atmos movie tickets and 10% off concession items during this promotional period. Take note that terms and conditions apply and offers are subject to change at the bank’s discretion.
- Priority booking for entertainment shows. Take advantage of exclusive cardholder priority booking and snag your tickets for upcoming concerts and performances before they sell out.
Features of the Citi Clear Card
Besides cash rebates and lifestyle benefits, the Citi Clear Card also comes with these key features.
- Annual fee. The annual fee for the principal card is HK$300 and every supplementary card will cost you HK$150.
- Visa privileges. You can access a wide array of offers and privileges from Visa partners in Hong Kong, such as The Peninsula Hong Kong and Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong.
- Contactless payments. This card also comes with Visa payWave technology, which lets you tap your credit card against a contactless terminal to pay for purchases under HK$1,000.
How to apply for the Citi Clear card
If you’ve decided that the Citi Clear Card could work for you, head to the Citibank site to complete your secure online application. Before you apply, make sure you’ve met the following eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand.
- Earn at least HK$60,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Be a Hong Kong resident or an expat with a valid working visa
- For the Citi Clear Student Card, you must be a full-time student of a degree/diploma program at a Hong Kong tertiary institution
The Citi Clear Card is an ideal option for customers looking for the benefits of a cash rebate card with a low annual fee and lifestyle benefits. But given that there are other credit cards that offer similar features, remember to compare it with similar offerings before deciding.Back to top