Citi Cash Back Card: Review and Fees
Earn automatic cash rebates and enjoy a wide array of ongoing promotions with this card.
The Citi Cash Back Card has one of the most eye-catching cash rebate offers on the market, promising to provide automatic cash rebates up to 2% cash rebate on all eligible purchases on global dining, hotel and foreign currency. Other local spending will earn you 1% in cash rebates, which is a pretty sweet deal. In addition to that, you get to enjoy a multitude of other lifestyle perks and exclusive promotions with Citi World Privileges.
HK$0 annual fee for the first year. HK$1,800 thereafter.
Minimum Annual Income
Benefits of using the Citi Cash Back Card
Here are some of the features that come with the Citi Cash Back Card:
- Welcome offer. Receive HK$700 Cash Rebate Or HK$800 Wellcome Gift Coupon Or Nespresso Pixie Electric Titan Coffee Machine with minimum spend of HK$8,000 in the first two months of card activation. Valid till 31 January 2022.
- Cash rebates. Earn 2% cash rebates on eligible global dining, hotel and other foreign currency spending, 1% cash rebate on other local spend. There’s no qualifying spend or cap on the cash rebates.
Features of the Citi Cash Back Card
The Citi Cash Back Card provides the following features:
- Annual fee. The annual fee for the primary card is HK$1,800 and HK$900 for every supplementary card. The annual fee will be automatically waived if you spend HK$100,000 or more on the card every year before the annual fee renewal month.
- Dining, lifestyle and travel perks. Citi World Privileges opens doors to both local and overseas dining, travel and shopping deals, helping you make the most out of your dollar.
- Contactless payments. You can make fast and hassle-free payments at Mastercard PayPass terminals with contactless technology. No signature is required for purchases under HK$1,000.
- Purchase protection insurance. You can shop with peace of mind as purchases made anywhere in the world with your Citi Cash Back Card are automatically insured against any damages, loss or theft for up to US$7,600 within 30 days of purchase.
How to apply for the Citi Cash Back Card
You can apply for the Citi Cash Back Card online in under 10 minutes. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents and details on hand for a quick application process.
- Earn at least HK$120,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Hong Kong resident or expat with a valid working visa
The Citi Cash Back Card could offer lots of potential savings if you spend on dining and travel frequently. Otherwise, the high annual fee may negate any savings earned from the cash rebates and end up costing you more. To make sure you’re applying for the right card for you, take some time to compare your options before you make your decision.