Compare Broadband in Hong Kong
How to compare Fibre internet plans to find the one for you.
When shopping around for internet, home phone, TV and mobile deals it’s important to know what you’re looking for. Broadband providers can leave consumers confused. People end up buying packages unsuited to them, add-ons they don’t need, and paying hefty fees which they weren’t expecting. This page is here to help with all of that.
Compare home broadband plans
Read on to get the information you need to help you make an informed decision on a fibre broadband plan.
What to look for when comparing broadband plans in Hong Kong
Whether you’re looking for Fibre, Cable or a Mobile plan it pays to compare so you can get the best deal for you at a great price. These are some of the questions to ask yourself when you’re shopping around for broadband in Hong Kong:
Which home broadband providers operate in Hong Kong?
There are six primary home broadband providers in Hong Kong:
- HGC Broadband. HGC Broadband offer a range of fibre broadband options including Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) and multiple connections to one location.
- Netvigator. Netvigator offers broadband in conjunction with PCCW’s international bandwidth, and has a range of FTTH broadband services including 1G and 10G fibre.
- HKBN. The Hong Kong Broadband Network (HKBN) offers a range of home and mobile broadband services in addition to mobile phone plans.
- i-Cable. i-Cable offers a number of fibre broadband services in Hong Kong including 200M, 500M and 1000M speeds in addition to its full range of cable TV services.
- SmarTone. SmarTone has a number of home broadband plans on offer including a variety of speeds up to 1000M.
- China Mobile Hong Kong (CMHK). In addition to CMHK’s extensive mobile phone plan services, CMHK also offers a home broadband service with speeds up to 1000M.
How to switch broadband providers
Make sure you’ve read the terms and conditions on your existing deal before you switch broadband providers. Some companies will charge an exit fee, and set a minimum term during which this applies if you switch broadband mid-contract. Also, be aware of any costs you need to pay before you sign up to your new package. Typical examples include installation costs or a charge for the delivery of your router. Also, be aware that there can be different charges for the same broadband plan depending on if your property is public or private housing; and the method you chose to sign up can also influence how much you pay.
Once you’re ready to compare broadband, shop around to find deal that works for you and your household. If you’re signing up as a new customer, you’ll have to submit personal details such as your name, address and email address. After your order is processed by your new provider, they’ll contact you to confirm any other actions you need to take to get your new service up and running.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
FTTH: Fibre to the Home explained
If you want the fastest available broadband service, you’ll need a FTTH-based internet service. Here’s what you should consider before choosing a plan.
How to increase your upload speed
With upload speeds usually behind download speeds in Hong Kong, read our tips on how to improve your service.
CMHK Broadband Review
Enjoy super-fast broadband speeds of up to 1000Mbps when choosing CMHK.
HKBN Broadband Review
What you need to know about the popular broadband service provider in Hong Kong.
Best Fibre Broadband Plans
A guide to help you choose the best Fibre broadband plans.
Mobile Broadband Plans
A mobile broadband connection could be your next best connectivity option if a physical broadband connection is unavailable.
What is fibre broadband and how does it work?
Fibre broadband explained. What is fibre broadband? How does it work? Should you get it, how do you get it, and what are the pros and cons of fibre?